It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer and fat are related, but maybe not as we may think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I ran into this information when studying neurogenesis and it's ties to fats. www.jhunewsletter.com...

I assume that most people understand that fat consumption is necessary to produce neurons. I assume that people understand that glutamates are also necessary to form memories. Free glutamates in excess can cause a reduction of neurons though by deteriorating the energy receptors. Stem cells contained in fat cells can help to repair the body also, in this case, it is not the lipids in the cells that are important but the cell that holds the lipid. Fat cells can be toxic if the liver and kidneys of a person are suppressed, the lipid can contain bad chemistry stored by the body because it could not detox them right. These toxins can only be safely released if liver function and kidney function is boosted. The body should then enter a cycle of releasing this stuff. That sort of is the reason that people juice things for a week a couple of times a year. Some veggies stimulate the liver to detox the body and also to repair itself.

I like studying this kind of stuff, I am not satisfied in how the health industry has been interpreting the evidence, it seems like maybe these people should put a little fat on their bones and learn to open their minds and increase their awareness.

I cannot vouch for the source, I often read their research but it sometimes is flawed.

edit on 5-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Interesting find.

Most of the fat we are told is healthy is , in fact, NOT.
Especially bad are vegetable oils made from GMO items such as corn.

We are told that saturated fats are very bad for us, but actually coconut oil is by far the healthiest of fats....with a good olive oil second.

So, yes, we are given bad information....first that fat is bad and second the kind of fats we should be using.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I have learned that a little coconut oil added with the butter makes the finished product taste much better. Coconut oil is higher in a certain saturated fat in butter that is actually good for us in foods. The oil is an ancient oil, similar to the oil in ancient fishes and animals. It has many good properties. I haven't found any negative effects other than if using a little of it in foods, it makes you want to eat more. If you get a jar of it and add more to some foods, the craving disperses, it seems once our need is fulfilled, you don't overeat. I think the food companies know a lot about how this oil works, putting just a tad in the food makes people buy more, if they put enough in, one piece would make you satisfied.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

edit on 8/13/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article, I did not want to start a new thread because my little cups are higher than my flags, something I tried to do for some strange reason.....maybe I am just a little nutty or something.

Low LDL is way more of a mortality issue than a reasonable little high ldl level. Between one thirty five and one forty eight seems to be the best, but going below that one thirty has a steeper mortality curve than being above it. The recommended levels in the USA is between fifty and one thirty...the high being in a risk factor of higher mortality.

www.bmj.com...

If you do not have time to read this, just read the last two paragraphs. I saw the research and deciphered some of it, it included graphs to show the results and I guess I am glad my LDL is at one hundred seventy seven instead of their top recommendation of one thirty, cause my all cause mortality is better with that than being in the medical recommended limits.

top topics

join