It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well, TDawg, you’ve got some stones for treading into this minefield….I’ll give you that! I’m not sure why I’m following you in but here I come!

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

I can totally see why many have the perception that blacks are more racist. Look at the reaction to the Trayvon Martin case! Immediately some blacks began to call it a white-on-black crime even though Zimmerman is from Jewish/Cuban descent. Some are ready to "kill some crackers" over a percieved racial injustice.

I think this is the result of decades of bad Democrat policies that, at least on the surface, seemed to be geared towards overcoming race-based injustice but really only served to further divide us. This began with LBJ’s ‘war on poverty’ and the first use of the race card. Through welfare and 70+ other programs, Democrats have effectively worked to keep minorities in America down. There are now generations of a black Americans who automatically point to racial discrimination as the root of all of their troubles and that’s simply not the case. These programs aren’t designed to help anyone! People of all colors are being used for political expediency. They are now attempting to do the same thing to new immigrants from Mexico. There is also a push to make Puerto Rico the 51st state. Why is that??

Sadly, I don’t have any answers…it is what it is!

edit on 5-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher
reply to post by Baddguy

White people know how to use the N word already. Theyve been using it for years. They just don't seem smart enough to figure out blacks never want to hear them say it. How hard is it to not say a word around someone? Especially if you know it offends them. There will never be a point in history where blacks as a whole accept white people using the N word. It makes it seem like you are trying to mock us.

i feel you..Then you agree blacks shouldn't use it as well?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Baddguy

White people know how to use the N word already. Theyve been using it for years. They just don't seem smart enough to figure out blacks never want to hear them say it. How hard is it to not say a word around someone? Especially if you know it offends them. There will never be a point in history where blacks as a whole accept white people using the N word. It makes it seem like you are trying to mock us.

Whites will probably stop using it when blacks stop using it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

I'm talking about written history. Blacks can't assimilate into the white American society after something like slavery. Every other race on earth has a history where they could find there family's or they had a culture they could go back to. But blacks are complete strangers to this land. Perhaps you guys aren't looking at the broad picture. When whites brought us to America they never planed send us back or coexist as equals with us and the black race knows that
edit on 5-7-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

I was at lunch my apologies for not responding sooner.

From a geneology standpoint of knowing where your family is from, I am in 100% agreement with you. I can't make an excuse for the crimes other's commited. On my side geneology wise, I come from Hillbilies and none of us have ever owned a slave and my great great Grandmother Bowen taught young black american's how to read and was persecuted herself for it. Hell I come from a line of Horse Thieves, Womanizers and Purple Hearted Military Veteran's. My Grandfather married a Phillipino and was spit at and had rocks thrown at them both because of the interracial mingling. I needed to say this because I know Racism very well and have experianced first hand being half white and asian. No this does not compare to what the Black Americans went through, it's just stated to show some common ground.

Moving forward (this is what we have to do) It's no longer a White American's society, we are living in a mixed racial society with old lessons never learned and passed on hatred of old generation wise, which taints the very foundation that we stand in America. Black American's are no longer strangers to this land with each new generation we all are as much a part of this country as the one's our ancestors came from. Furthermore, we don't need anyone to assimilate into a white american society, we need to move forward. WE CAN'T CHANGE THE PAST, though we impact the future with each word that is spoken to our children. Hatred bread hatred and that's all it ever will.

I've had many awesome afternoons with Black American's and the BBQ rib tips are off the chain, to them I'm the crazy white boy or in my younger days I was. For all I know they could have been calling me whatever there hearts contented when I wasn't around. In the NOW all I can show them is love and compassion because that's what will drive us as a SOCIETY forward and not continue this downward spiral of dismay in regards to races.

With all the respect in the world~

Nathan

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

When blacks think of racisim we think of our violent bloody humiliating shameful history, our beginings.

that's what you're taught to think about. you talk of history and beginnings, but you're really referring to a relatively small time frame in a small part of the world. it was not your beginning by a long shot, but it's the time that is best remembered.

i'm sad that slavery in america happened, and i dislike the perpetrators as much as you. i don't see shame in that era for those that were enslaved, but only for those that owned and spread slavery.

now can we please stop hating people in the present for something that wasn't done by them? a wise man once said that he hoped people would not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

Off course blacks can use it. Whites have been calling us it forever. We turned it into slang because we had to accept it as part of the English language. if we had knowledge of a homeland or different language mabey we wouldn't use it. Part of the side effects of not having a culture or history.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

Off course blacks can use it.

you're in favor of one race being able to do something that another can't? that's the same kind of talk that led to slavery in the first place.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Baddguy

Off course blacks can use it. Whites have been calling us it forever. We turned it into slang because we had to accept it as part of the English language. if we had knowledge of a homeland or different language mabey we wouldn't use it. Part of the side effects of not having a culture or history.

All that is is an excuse. Blacks choose to be offended by the word only when it is spoken by a white, so it isn't the word, it's the color.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Baddguy

Bingo....i agree...and i feel thats what many dont understand about blacks.

Blacks were stripped of their culture, made slaves and kept in zoos, insulted "scientifically" and then..set free and expected to just move on and assimilate..People don't understand that all that conditioning still carry's on and many of the situations they face come from the past. Its like beating up someone, breaking their legs and then you stop and say " come on now..get up and walk straight. No one is beating you anymore!"

how do we fix this?
edit on 5-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Propaganda!!

Stories like this are used to keep Social classes in check, I mean a telephone survey, conveys the opinions of Americans

The way the public is responding to this story, via internet, news talk show programs, or any other platforms of social interaction just creates further dysfunction, and fear..

Until we can coexist, we will never ever, ever, ever, evolve, travel the stars, learn the secrets of the Universe, etc. etc.

As a wise man once said to me long ago, threads like this remind me of this quote.. It is hard to soar with the eagles, pecking the ground with the chickens, ahem stories like this, and getting emotionally involved in it, supports the dysfunctional arbitrage of your souls..

Learn and try to be an example...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

No one is keeping blacks down but blacks. They mindf*** themselves with ancient history.
edit on 7/5/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

you can tell yourself that all you want

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by Baddguy

No one is keeping blacks down but blacks. They mindf*** themselves with ancient history.

how did they get "down" in the first place??

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
Its things like this that annoy me:

Just enough to keep the herds pushed against each other to cause disruption.

I think it's funny and quite accurate.

"happy white independence day" he says (and completely believes it) while we have "black history MONTH".

just someone else told that they're entitled to "getting back" at the other side, a side that doesn't exist anymore.

we have a month dedicated to telling a group of people that they're entitled to be angry and lash out, a month where people are taught what the race card is and how to use it.

every action taken to end racism has had the opposite effect, and i think that is exactly what they wanted.

Perhaps, but you can't deny the fact that slaves and their indian brethren, probably enjoyed the fireworks. They have no reason to celebrate that occasion with you.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by suz62

2nd

How am I keeping blacks from getting an education?

How am I keeping blacks from getting a job?

How am I keeping blacks from owning a home?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I replied to another member whom I respect in this manner.

I think that racism needs to be addressed again and again until people get sick of it.

Of course, the haters will never actually go away. They'll hate because of ideology, religion, wealth, etc, etc

Giving birth to haterism.

That said. It's human nature. Most people just want to be left to their own devices. But others seem to want to impose their own views on them. This creates discontent...on all fronts as people make their own personnal viewpoints known.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

hey dont get personal you are probably a good person....u said black are keeping themselves down...how they did they start off "down" ????

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by suz62

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by Baddguy

how did they get "down" in the first place??

Ask yourself how successful blacks got "up". THEY WORKED FOR IT.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Perhaps, but you can't deny the fact that slaves and their indian brethren, probably enjoyed the fireworks. They have no reason to celebrate that occasion with you.

do you have a birthday? of course.

do you ever celebrate your becoming 1 year old on subsequent birthdays? no, because that was then and this is now.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Baddguy

Ignorance and stupidity is the reason why the word is used at all, who cares who says it. Women sometimes, jokingly, call each other the B word, but if a man says it...watch out!

The word is a word. Makes no difference what color idiot uses it or what excuse. If you're black and use the N word, then go ahead and be a mindless tool. If you're white and you use the N word, you deserve the reaction you get.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

Again if you spend time in an adversarial mentality you are failing on a base level to effectively cope with mutual cooperation. I am adopted it was sealed so I have no idea who my birth parents were.I just assumed my adopted name an moved on without it being an issue to my emotions.
The only thing "special " about me is my strong will.Other than that I have a meritocracy mindset,I feel pragmatism over emotions most of the time but I NEVER look at anyone as less than me.
I doubt Asher really understands what he is saying about the term "WHITE" accept as a racial identifier just like we do black. I trust many black people as well as enjoy a more rich life from their help in many fields.
Hell they gave me my rock from their blues,the food ,their art,it's been really great to know blacks in my world.
Now you ask ME about color? I would guess( Cause I really don't know) they are still peed off so to all I give advice from John Wayne probably the ultimate "White" man who ever lived.
: “I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
- J.B Books in The Shootist 1976, directed by Don Siegel

POLITE not Politically Correct as often as humanly possible.We'll get through all this BS if we cooperate with each other like we are right here.
edit on 5-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: Finished my point

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join