It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS*** Before Its News as a source

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Can we also deep six anything to do with Alex Jones or Glenn beck?

How about NOT!!!!

I don't appreciate dictators. I want them in jail.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

BEFOREITSNEWS.COM no longer allowed as a source of "news"

The sad part is that this↑ even had to be mentioned.

"Before it is" has basically the same meaning as "It's not yet", and since 'Yet' makes absolutely no guarantees, it might as well just be "It is not".

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
lol at banning Alex Jones. Drudge Report uses infowars as a source sometimes. What, they gonna ban Drudge too now?

:shk:

Come ON people, quit the bitching! ATS has been pretty damn good about only resorting to banning the most egregious, obvious hoax news sources, leaving anything with any possibility of truth pretty much untouched, and allowed for discussion. This could easily become a slippery slope, with so many questionable sources out there. I'd say they've been damn careful about what not to allow, and it's clear they'd much rather allow it, if at all possible. But when the infractions are so repetitive and continually just lies, I don't see what the problem is. If it was my site I'd do it too.

And with that said, perhaps they ought to consider banning anything any politician says as a source of news. Cause more often than not, it is just lies too. Just because they are after votes rather than internet traffic, lies are still lies.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This is great news. For the slower students in the class that can't grasp what they're doing here, think of it this way:

Posted BIN junk is being filtered/relocated into the HOAX forum. Not banned, geniuses. It's still on the site, just in with the rest of the known manure in one tidy spot.

Most excellent, IMO. This is no different than taking one of the supermarket tabloids off the newspaper racks, saying "Its not news", and instead of dropping carrying it, moving it to somewhere more apropos, like the TP isle or some shiz. It's not gone, just moved to a more appropriate area.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I concur.

But I actually do have one qualm with this action. I would vote to have it moved to LOL Forum - "Ludicrous Online Lies"

As I personally take the hoax forum as a place for proven hoaxes that are vetted by the membership. The Sorcha Faal decision I stand behind, as I don't think I have ever seen a Sorcha story that was real.

While I detest BIN, there are some legit stories being reposted. And while I am not happy with the number of BIN threads popping up which fits in to exactly what ATS Admin are saying (BIN using ATS for their own promotion means) I must say I would feel better with BIN being automatically moved to ludicrous online lies.

Ludicrous Online Lies: All threads in this forum are based on utter falsehoods that require you to ignore reality, proof and logic. These topics require the use of smoke and mirrors because they have no basis in fact and should be viewed as the essence of ignorance.

vs.

[HOAX!]: Dedicated forum for ATS threads that have been proven to be hoaxes, frauds, misrepresentations, part of deceptive schemes, or grossly errant theories/speculations on a variety of topics. Topics in this forum will range from those that have proven to be an actual hoax to those where a significant majority of ATS members believe the subject matter to be based on fraudulent material.

I do have to concede however, if the decision remains to stay the chosen course, I also can see the reasoning, with the following line:

"misrepresentations, part of deceptive schemes"

So, either way, what needs to be done is being done. Somehow I feel like the Hoax forum is a sanctuary for people who have taken the time to annihilate nonsense with fact. Maybe that's just me.

Edit to add: After reading the LOL description again I realize this isn't the one. We need a new forum. The Source Poo Forum. (Caution: Threads in the SP forum are put here because they are based off of deceptive sources, ulterior motives or the motivation to make you dumber, one IQ point at a time. These threads, and the dung piles of the internet they emanate from are as useful as yesterday's lunch before you flush it.)

Cheers.
edit on 4-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

One has to look at those whacko sites every now and then - because every now and then they get something right -- besides, sorcha faal and BIN is rather entertaining. But you should source everything and take everything on the internet with a grain of salt. or two.

Remember, it was the Enquirer that broke the democrat having the baby with his "cinematographer" while his wife was dying of cancer - what's his name? He was actually running for the presidency.

Really wish I would have bought the Enquirer with the picture of Hillary with a picture of an alien and a picture of Bill Clinton on the cover saying "I just thought she was a lesbian" referencing Hillary having an affair with an alien. Funny stuff.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

P.S. I get really tired of all the youtube video crap out there too.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Great idea. I've been tricked by this place before and it started to affect my thread quality and my quality of conversation and character with friends when discussing politics.

I also like how its shorthand is BIN - meaning straight to the Trash BIN. Easy to remember that way.
edit on 4-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I would like to see World Net Daily also added to this list. All they report is lies anyway.

I've been fooled myself by Before It's News. Shamefull.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Excellent news. Before it's News ....

Not that you asked .... but .... a lot of new posters can get suckered in on these guys.
Try not to go too hard on them .... they need a learning curve .....
(I'm sure you guys already know that ... I'm preaching to the choir)

Originally posted by projectvxn
While we're at it can we review the use of PressTV?

... another source of ignorance. Totally unbelievable.
edit on 7/4/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Jolly good! About time too if you ask me.

I know that some people will be a little aggrieved by this. Some will be confused by the ban, on the basis that the "normal" or mass media, cannot be trusted, so it is odd of ATS to refuse sources of the nature of BIN.

However, lets be absolutely clear here. Before Its News, is being banned because the content there is routinely found, to be UTTERLY false. The mass media may be able to spin a story so fast that they make news smoothies rather than genuine reportage, but at least the events that they are skewing are not rooted in falsehood. Now, OCCASIONALLY the mass media will be short a story for the population to be generally underinformed about, and invent some crap to pass the time, but what they usually do is find old info, spin it up anyway thier corperate masters want it, and unleash it on the masses.

What BIN do is allow content which refers to events which have not happened, at all. At least with the mainstream media, you can see the BS floating on the top of the issue, but still have the issue at hand to think about, assuming you have intelligence enough to be able to do so at all. However, with BIN, there is no attempt at spinning a story, because the whole story is a lie from start to finish, an actual Hoax, rather than a misdirection.

I say bloody good riddance to the blighters.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you kindly site and staff. To all of those who claim the staff don't care, or are only pushing an agenda, take heed of this much needed decision. This is proof positive that the staff here does care about this site and the quality of the content posted here.

ATS sits above the watermark for most alternative sites and this move will help keep us there.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Guadeloupe

Following the OP's initial complaint I counted 22 ban and censorship requests for other sites that ATS'ers also disagree with. Are you going to grant those too?

i would assume if those sites also promote hoaxes than, yes, they'll eventually become a censored source. This isn't to say you can't discuss stories they cover, you just can't spread their CRAP here. And, remember, their crap is being posted here to generate ad revenue.

Feel free to discuss their hoaxes and BS reporting in their own comment sections without tainting this site. If you want hoaxes and BS sources, go to Rense.com or WRH. If you want a bunch of back slapping BS go to GPL.

If you want to deny ignorance, start by denying ignorant sources.

Be thankful the mods are kind and the staff understanding, I'd have banned you for that post alone.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Could we do the same thing with natural news? They are just as bad as BIN but in some ways are worse, they are always trying to get people to panic over really old stuff or crap that Mike Adams made up

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Guadeloupe

Following the OP's initial complaint I counted 15 or so ban and censorship requests for other sites that ATS'ers also disagree with. Are you going to grant those too?

i would assume if those sites also promote hoaxes than, yes, they'll eventually become a censored source. This isn't to say you can't discuss stories they cover, you just can't spread their CRAP here. And, remember, their crap is being posted here to generate ad revenue.
Feel free to discuss their hoaxes and BS reporting in their own comment sections without tainting this site. If you want hoaxes and BS sources, go to Rense.com or WRH. If you want a bunch of back slapping BS go to GPL.
If you want to deny ignorance, start by denying ignorant sources.
Be thankful the mods are kind and the staff understanding, I'd have banned you for that post alone.

====================================================================================

I went to all 3 of of your 'condemned' websites and took the first article I saw. They all look fine to me.

Why all this need for banning and censorship? These sites are as interesting and every bit as legitimate as whatever you might see posted here on ATS. And in some cases even more so! And they are not as prone to censorship either.

From whatreallyhappened.com...

Story and links look fine to me.
Egypt army ousts Mohamed Morsi, calls for early elections
mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.in...
===============================================================
From
rense.com...

Article covers Obama dictatorship in a nutshell.
Obama Threatens Humanity
By Stephen Lendman
7-4-13
rense.com...

First few lines: all true.

He represents the worst of rogue governance. He does so lawlessly. He serves monied interests. They own him. Whatever they want they get.
He violates core rule of law principles. He mocks democratic rule.
He's waging multiple imperial wars. He's doing so on humanity. He plans others.
He looted the nation's wealth. He handed it to Wall Street, war profiteers, and other corporate crooks.
He wrecked the economy. He lets popular needs go begging. He ignores growing poverty, unemployment, hunger, homelessness and despair.
He governs by diktat. He permits lawless torture. Global renditions persist on his watch.
He institutionalized tyranny. He authorized indefinitely detaining anyone called a national security threat without charge or trial (including US citizens).
He heads America's Murder, Inc. agenda. He prioritizes targeted assassinations anywhere. He authorized killing US citizens abroad. He deployed special forces death squads globally. They operate covertly in 120 or more countries.
He destroyed hard won labor rights. He's commodifying education. He wants it made another business profit center.
He's waging war on freedom. He wants it destroyed on his watch. He targets Muslims, Latinos, African Americans, environmental activists, animal rights defenders, truth-tellers and whistleblowers.
He pronounced Bradley Manning guilty by accusation. Doing so assures conviction. His trial continues secretly. It reflects the worst of kangaroo court justice. It violates constitutional law. The Sixth Amendment states:

===============================================================
From www.godlikeproductions.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Poster asks quite legitimately "Where is Obama on the 4th of July?"

edit on 4-7-2013 by Guadeloupe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So from now on only msm links are allowed?

Is ATS an alternative site or a msm site?

Serious question!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
So from now on only msm links are allowed?

Is ATS an alternative site or a msm site?

Serious question!

In all serriousness, how often do you see stories in the "breaking alternative news" forum that are not MSM? Personally i think they should just call it breaking news. It has never been a place to find alternative stories from alternative sources.
I get what you are saying but that before its news site is not really news at all, its really just a bunch of crap.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Its a slippery slope my friend. Of course its not my site, but if you look through the first two pages you will see some people are calling for infowars, presstv, to also get banned. I think we need to be careful to preserve the alternative viewpoints.

MSM is so damm fake. Why didn't they report the new egyptian revolution that took place yesterday, and they instead focused on the zimmerman trial to build hate??

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They ban 1 site as a news source and people are up in arms?

Take a look at that site... its frkin exaggerated news... a sensationalist paradise.

When a new source too much Exclamation marks... i tend to lose interest.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join