It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALL MEMBERS*** Before Its News as a source

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What can compare to the lies and outright propaganda of the mainstream media, who too have been know to manipulate the facts and post pictures and videos to sway public opinion, who manipulate the information to sway election, who have been infiltrated by who? what?

Who is behind the the power of the dishonest and deceitful corporate American media?
edit on 083131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Irony Board

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
So from now on only msm links are allowed?

Hasty generalize much? No, that's not what Mark said, nor anyone else on the staff.

Please try to read with greater attention to what is actually written, not stuff you make up.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

That's why you all maintain a good source for the news the MSM doesn't want to tell us.

Can't say I blame you at one time they were somewhat o.k. as long as you didn't go with the odd stuff. Now it seems as though no one is "minding the store" there at all. Quit going there for any news at all never did like sensationalism.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I don't know what stations you watch, to be fair one of the MSM news groups did report the Egyption revolution (ABC), and uncharactiscally before they mentioned Zimmerman.

But you're right for the most part MSM doesn't want to give its sheeple the real news, and for the most part the more scandalous it is the better they like it and the more they'll dwell on the issue until you're sick and tired of hearing it( I might add) to purposely not tell you the real stuff.

By the way, that's why we have ATS.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Finally... but there are some dedicated BIN users, I practically got crucified for questioning people for using that source before, then later come to find out it ended up in the HOAX BIN anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Irony Board

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
So from now on only msm links are allowed?

Hasty generalize much? No, that's not what Mark said, nor anyone else on the staff.

Please try to read with greater attention to what is actually written, not stuff you make up.

Thanks.

I don't visit that site often myself. Lots of questionable research there for sure, but then again tabloids were never popular to begin with. I simply got scared reading some of the member input in this thread were people were asking for infowars, presstv, natural news, rense, etc to not be allowed as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Haha thank you for that!

About a year ago I created an account there just to tell them how worthless their site was. Total garbage.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have not been here long but already ATS has become my favorite way to start the day. I come here first for any news and fully enjoy every member on here. I feel almost as if this community has become a second family member. It has gotten to the point that my poor husband hears "blah, blah ...Ats... blah, blah, blah" (you know husbands don't listen =P ) more times than he can count! I can understand that BIN is not a credible source, as wikipedia is not a credible source at ANY college. Makes sense. I can also understand that you may want to move it directly to HOAX bin.

I feel that the ATS community is, for the most part, populated with incredibly intelligent ADULTS with (some more than others...) *some* common sense, and the ability to discern, for themselves, what is true / false, good / bad, etc. I have quite a bit of respect for this community. In fact, some of the members here have been smarter and more civilized than anyone I have ever met IRL. There are some exceptions but you get my point. Breaking the BIN links to keep all of us children(?) from getting hurt is just nanny. It reeks of a real FEAR (paranoia?) of losing members / ad revenue / something.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
We've come to realization that "Before It's News" has pushed more hoaxes than "Sorcha Faal" ever did, therefor ALL threads started with BIN as the only source will go immediately into the HOAX Bin. For now we won't hold it against the member, but, after a month or so of this policy being in effect repeat offenders will be up for an account review. We've been told there are some "interested parties" (read as people who may be getting a slice of BIN's ad money) who have ATS accounts, that won't fly here.

We don't want to support an operation that continues to push ridiculous hoaxes, just to garner page views with traffic from ATS.

Springer...

it's about time....hip hip hooray
.....is WND still considered a "source"

edit on 4-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
About time too

Well done ATS

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's about time....hip hip hooray
.....is WND still considered a "source"

edit on 4-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

Its a source of low hanging moron news to swat at whenever someone uses a link. Its quite fun when people use links to their "news". its like someone linking breaking news from a doctor seuss book.

"omg, they are now requiring everyone to eat green eggs and ham! link shows..."

There are a lot of idiotic alternative "news" sites to swat down over time I imagine, The BIN is most certainly one of the top sources that needed to be auto-rejected here though. Mostly because I think they have crossed the line long ago from general lunacy to outright madness.

Many others tend to tread the line. Frankly, when I find a source purposefully is pushing a hoax (knowingly), then that is pretty much when I stop using that source..even if I agreed or would have liked that hoax to be true. Truth is more important than comfort and ego.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have read and understood and agree to comply. I only hope I can remember so I do not get banned. I am having a hard time these days.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I applaud this move. BIN is complete and utter garbage

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wasn't BIN a alright "out there" news site a few years a go? Well that doesn't matter it's crap now.

I think it is funny how BIN bans ATS now ATS bans BIN

Battle of the conspiracy Forums!!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I think most of us are aware of the credibility of that website... or lack thereof.

My only comment would be that what we are seeing is a site that allows people to pretty much post, or speak, saying whatever they choose. This, of course, is an oasis for fraudsters and hoaxers but it is also a kind of public common where one can indeed submit whatever they choose.

ATS is your digital property and I would never assume the right to suggest otherwise. But it may be that we're focusing on the negative while ignoring the positive... with the sum of the latter certainly in question, lol.

Okee dokee... I'm done.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Anyone who thinks that if there is a credible source in addition to BIN for a story and we will still send it to the HOAX bin needs to READ my OP as well.

Thank you for clarifying this point. I'll admit, I didn't think this one point was particularly clear from your original post.

Then again, I'll admit I was a little tired when I read it.

Happy 4th.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Fine, keep your head in the sand. When im safe in my bunker tomorrow afternoon while you are dealing with the alien invasion and pole shift that happens at 5:00 we will see who is laughing.

Is that 5 pm deadline Pacific or standard time?
I need to pick up some dry cleaning first.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Can we do the same for FOX NEWS as well, especially anything that starts "Sean Hannity said today ....."

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

People seem to love to confuse this issue.

You just want to ban political opinions you don't like.
ATS wants to ban fabricated information for the purposes of syphoning the gullible for profit.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Never been to the site but your methods sounds somewhat counterproductive in the meantime. Would not a simple censorship of the site make more sense?

ATS will still drive traffic to the site if it is simply tucked into the hoax label. JMRO

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join