It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Coup Underway In Egypt...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

You know what, that´s a good idea with the cabernet, I choosed a Sauvagnion, cheers and may egypt get on it´s feet again

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

*Buuurp*... erm i meant cheers... *raises my glass*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
reply to post by verschickter

*Buuurp*... erm i meant cheers... *raises my glass*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Well while you have that nice glass of Cabernet, here is the latest update on the 2nd Egyptian Revolution (courtesy RT).

It seems little Morsi is trying out his new Condo in the infamous Torah Prison outside Cairo. Room mate with Mubarak. I am sure they have much to talk about.

"The Brotherhood in Egypt is now a cautionary tale," said Michael W. Hanna of the Century Foundation in New York. "Morsi's abysmal performance during their short tenure is a tale of how not to guide and rule."

The damage to their prestige echoes widely, from Gaza where the Hamas rulers who saw in Morsi a strong ally, to Tunisia where a Brotherhood branch holds power, to Libya and Syria where Islamists push for power.

edit on 4-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Thanks John...

Hear hear... and may Mosri have great discussions with the gentleman (If you can call "IT" that! who we have seen in the media "pretending" to be dying on a stretcher during his court case (AND hiding his eyes behind great big thick Ray Bans... OR Gucci!)
... even if he is suffering on that stretcher, may he suffer even more for the sufferance that he has delivered to millions of other people due to personal greed...

What a bunch of wankers those "leaders" look like whilst trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the world!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Remember this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Remember this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could have been caused by all the vibrations???

Maybe the other staues had felt or rubber bases to stop them from moving around?

But anyway... back on topic (inbetween the unrespectful POLITICAL THREAD BOMBERS that is!) see below

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 4-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by MrSpad
I have been saying since the election that and the US choice to continue to fund the Egyptian military that this was going to happen if the Mosari stepped out of line. The military has always been the true source of power in Egypt and that power is supplied by US aid. The US now has its chance to get rid of the Egyptian gov and get a pro western gov in. The Egyptian militray will continue to get US aid and make sure Egypt never drifts away from the west. In this case the people just happen to be getting what they want as well.

President Obama is on the side of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Their leadership has personally visited the White House dozens of times since he's been President.

So....unless Barack Obama wakes up tomorrow doing a 180 on whose side he's on....if anything, this coup makes him very nervous.

If Obama was on the side of the Muslim Brotherhood this coup would never have happened. The Egyptian military depends on US aid to survive. If you think for one second that the Egyptian military did not get a the green light from the US to take Mosari out your fooling yourselves. The US kept the Egyptian military loyal to the US by not cutting aid after the MB got into office and in return the military was to keep the MB in line. You will see the US reaction this being nothing beyond a few comments about a having elections as soon as possible, the normal US response when a leader they do not like is taken out. This silly belief Obama supports the muslim brotherhood came about because the US kept giving money and weapons to the Egyptian military and people who know nothing about Egypt did not know that the militray was the MB primary opposition.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Whats at stake is nothing less than the Suez Canal.
Like that other one half a world away... in Panama.

Indeed. And the treaty that is in place with Egypts southern neighbor Israel, will be
enforced. Afterall, the money is in the bank.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You are kidding right? Then why was and still is NATO funding and arming MB in syria, libya, tunisia...practically the entire middle east??

During the first election in egypt the western msm was all over the demonstrations with practically non-stop coverage, now they barely showed any coverage because the zimmerman trial based on racial hatred was deemed more important by the media.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Indeed. And the treaty that is in place with Egypts southern neighbor Israel, will be

The suez canal will remain open regardless who controls it.

I am not sure what all the fuss is about

edit on 4/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

There is no fuss. Its just a simple fact that Egypt is under near total control
by The U.S., and has been for a long time. And by way of The U.S. Israel
has its treaty with Egypt. Facts are no fun though, I give it that.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Its interesting to note that nobody seems to get that. Egypt and Panama both sit on vital shipping choke points. Like the Rock of Gibraltar at the mouth of the Mediterranean and the Falkland Islands at the tip of South America (St. Georges Island). They are all controlled by the British. Militarily verrry important. You can take all that political, democratic, and religious crap that clogs the airwaves and discard it. What matters is who controls the vital shipping lanes around the world. One proof of that was in your link about Bright Star, the joint US Egyptian military exercises.

Just in case that control in Egypt (or anywhere else) falls "out of" Western Hands, then that will be the response. Invasion of Egypt. We already did it... BRIGHT STAR.

Of course it was just an "exercise".

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The suez canal will remain open regardless who controls it.

I am not sure what all the fuss is about

The thing is whats important is just who exactly controls it.

Its called a "Vital Interest".

But they don't admit that publicly, and the media plays along.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

But they don't admit that publicly, and the media plays along.

Yes, and in this case I would say that Obama has certainly got
his "press corps" on the job. This is probably why he told them
to behave over there, he sure would not want a reporter asking the
questions about the 30 years of U.S. control, the U.S. Egytian Israeli
coalition, the treaties and so on.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by johncarter

It appears that the muslim brotherhood had just signed a loan agreement with the IMF a few weeks ago.

This puts a whole different picture on this egypt mess - does the loan still hold?

This is what this overthrow of this gov't might be about. The egyptian people don't want to become enslaved to the elite banksters?

I hope for the egyptian people this is now void.

I don't think it will be voided. Once the IMF has somebody's signature on the dotted line they don't have to care whose signature it is, it represents the state, not an individual. I would like to be wrong about that.

Usury banking is illegal and immoral in Islamic beliefs and I found an interesting article about how and why the Muslim Brotherhood went from rejecting the IMF loan to accepting it. The why was simply that their guy had gotten elected, prior to that they rejected the loan and the how is that after the election they simply changed the word "usury" to "administrative costs".

The Initial Objections

Before Muslim Brotherhood candidate became president of Egypt, arguments against the IMF loan coming from mainly Muslim Brotherhood Islamist leaders can be summarized as follows:

1. The loan will have negative impact on the Egyptian economy.
2. Paying interest on the IMF loan is usury and therefore against Islamic teachings.
3. An economy based on usury is bound to collapse.
4. If Egypt needs to borrow, it should source for lenders from Islamic countries.

The typical reaction at that time is best summarized by prominent Salafi preacher Sheikh Mohamed Hussein Yaacoub who posted a statement online previously, saying: “I totally reject this usury loan from the West.”

Yunis Makhioun from the Salafi al-Nour Party agreed with Sheikh Mohamed Hussein Yaacoub, saying: “I call upon the government to reject this loan that will harm our economy and allow foreign powers to interfere in our affairs.”

But beliefs take a back seat to money, every. single. time.

Now these same Islamist leaders, mainly from the Muslim Brotherhood, are singing a different tune.

Yousri Hammad came up with a creative answer – simply deny that the IMF loan has any interest. But the IMF is not going to give an interest-free loan to Egypt. So the creative solution is to change the name – don’t call it interest, call it administrative fees instead.

Yousri Hammad issued a statement saying: “It is not usury and the money to be paid on the loan is not interest but administrative fees that the bank determines.” This argument began to gain traction when the Mufti of the Muslim Brotherhood, Abdul Rahman al-Barr, who is also concurrently a member of its Guidance Bureau, said: “It is not logical that we take out a loan from a bank and let the bank pay the fees. The borrower is the one who should pay those fees but they are not categorized as interest.”

www.abigmessage.com...

How are the Egyptian people supposed to react to this? They've been had. They can kick Morsi and the MB to the curb but they're stuck with the IMF.

And so are we.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I am just glad that the muslim brotherhood is out of egypt.

I haven't dug much into suez and panama canal ownership because I don't think its that important.

The UK, USA don't control anything. Secret societies and banks control everything. Democracy is an illusion under capitalism.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

We conquered Egypt in WWII. Or the Brits did, I don't know. The British built the Suez Canal. And you notice the distinction between Egypts turmoil and Syria? We already control Egypt, no "revolt" (an insurgency really), or Incursion, or Guerrilla war is necessary. The West is and will always be in firm control of that Canal "Zone".

So we keep propping up puppets to a-swage the average Egyptians anger about being repressed all these decades. It won't work forever. They are pissed. They are wising up. But for now, American backed Egyptian soldiers line the streets.

By the way, Obama is as much a puppet as Mubarak, Morsi and the next one are (IMO)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I am just glad that the muslim brotherhood is out of egypt.

Whatever that means. Most of Egypt is Muslim. We have been fed this "Evil Muslim" conjob from forever. It always is the excuse for the next conflict. (In different guises but always the same).

The Taliban, Al Quieda, the MB (as we call it), pure unadaulterated propaganda.

See thru the veil.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Sorry, replying twice.

I haven't dug much into suez and panama canal ownership because I don't think its that important.

Thats what they want you to believe. Its not that they lie about it, just "omit it" from the media eye.

The UK, USA don't control anything. Secret societies and banks control everything. Democracy is an illusion under capitalism.

Correct. And the military are the enforcers.

edit on 4-7-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

By the way, Obama is as much a puppet as Mubarak, Morsi and the next one are (IMO)

Oh, definitely. And I agree with this too :

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The UK, USA don't control anything. Secret societies and banks control everything. Democracy is
an illusion under capitalism.
with the one caveat being that the CIA is to be considered
a secret society, which it is, and the other agencies that work with it behind the scenes to
destabilize, and then once again stabilize, which is exactly what is happening in Egypt.

And this,most certainly includes the Muslim Brotherhood, they are a faction of the Fifth Column
aka as 'The Illuminati'....that might sound like a ridiculous statement, but its very
based in fact.

The people are wising up. The internet is a dangerous thing in the hands
of bright minds, and I give kudos the folks in Egypt for that!

edit on 4-7-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join