It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen in jail for months over 'sarcastic' Facebook threat.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
People need to realize that writing on the internet is not the same as a private conversation. Think of it as shouting something in a public place and the laws make more sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have no sympathy for him, what he said was down right repulsive and insensitive given the current events at the time.

He said it on a public forum/chat, with kids (probably), parents and who knows who, that stuff can terrify people, even if meant as a joke.

He deserves his 2 months inside waiting trial, made an example of... however, I do think that should be enough of a warning.

Putting him inside for years for simply making a horrid joke would be a bit over the top.

Think I'm going to go and blow up... a balloon.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Lighten up Francis.

Two months or more in jail for a thought crime?

What's next, verbal support for Mark of the Beast?

/facepalm

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Not all speech is free.

You can't yell fire in a theater.

Can't say bomb on an airplane.

Can't say you're going to shoot up a school.

This is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think this story shows as well as any in recent times, we have a nation of wimpy little children and whiners.

I don't mean the kid, either, The REAL child here was saying and doing what kids have done since time began. Learning boundaries, testing them out and finding his place in the world.

No, I mean the badge carrying pansies and general wimps and losers we have in "authority" positions who have spent so many years now ordering us to shriek in fear from our own friggin shadows ...THEY are now scared of everything that doesn't say "Yes sir, No sir, may I kiss your butt better now, sir?".

The fact a kid could spend ONE HOUR in jail for something said *ANYWHERE* in jest ....particularly said among friends in a game meant to be violent for the whole point of conquest and character building, is a reflection of how many "adults" we have who need a pacifier, diaper and oversize crib to go sit in for awhile so they can get over their fears of everything and everyone, everywhere.

Someone ought to send the kid a few hundred bucks for whatever passes for an account there, if it's a large enough jail. He did nothing wrong but catch the eye of another wimp in power who got a rush off power-tripping a child. What a set of bastards. Start to finish.

People ask where freedom went? Ask this kid. He's sharing a cell with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
keep posting ever thought that pops in your head on the internet, see what happens.......

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yet, the leader of "The New Black Panthers" and other such groups can call forth all manor of hate crimes and continue to walk free.

No links because the things that these groups espouse are to awful to repeat. research it yourself.

I'm certain we can take all manor of quotes from all manor of public figures now and lock them away.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WHYFIGHT

Why this kid and not the hateful trolls of the New Black Panther movement? This young boy can't muster the full force of the NAACP's legal team and the intimidation forces of Jackson and Sharpton by a telephone call. The Panthers can. So...one goes to jail and the other gets MSM airtime for international coverage like a good idea.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
don't see why people are surprised.

its the US

kids do get shot up.

so if someone makes a threat like this it must be taken seriously.

the US is a violent dangerous country which has embraced the gun.

the guy needs to be taught a lesson.

a normal sane person would not make a violent sick threat like this.

more people like this need to be locked up.

nothing more than bullies.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
And now.............evryone gets too frightened to post their thoughts.

They win, we lose.
Sadly they have won.

There are posts to which I wanted to reply but haven't because I worry about who will see it and what they may do.

Freedom of speech, even freedom of thought is well and truely dead.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

i take it that you don't have any children because if you did , you would not have made your statement .
it is totally natural for a parent to support their child in their hour of need .

America's penal system is barbaric .

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

welcome to the new "holy" Inquisition
it's all about terrorizing you and everyone else
and it's working from what i can see
cowards afraid to speak their minds now
or even make a joke

along with the enabling fascists,
who applaud this kid [and many others] being made an example of.

remember folks, the previous Inquisition lasted 600 years
thanks to the abovementioned people

the only means remaining of stopping these psychopaths
said psychos having "legally" removed all peaceful means,
is to treat them the same way you treat mad dogs.

especially if they threaten your children/loved ones

history does not repeat itself,
but sometimes it rhymes

but feel free to disregard my words [and cower in terror ]
as I Am quite "Insane"

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To anyone with half a brain that was clearly not a threat, it was blatant sarcasm. Probably not in the best of taste, but worthy of jail? Hell no. But that the way this #ed up planet works. Punish the little guys for little things, while the elite do far far worse with impunity. I hope someone goes into congress and blows all of those #ers away, and anyone who will defend them. THEY are the real terrorists. THEY are the ones who spread evil throughout the planet just so they can profit. THEY are the ones who have murdered and destroyed the lives of countless millions.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I signed the petition for him. Thanks for posting this. Everyone should sign the petition because he is being destroyed for no reason. He needs help

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This is maddness, did this woman have nothing more to do with her time that trawl kids facebook comments? She needs a kick in the ass. I am so glad I don't live in the One time land of the free. It is beyond crazy how that country is on lock down.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

He's a kid that said a stupid thing. Show me one person in this world that hasn't. He happened to say it on a social network were as usual someone with too much time on their hands is moderating OTHERS facebooks.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Originally posted by VoidHawk
And now.............evryone gets too frightened to post their thoughts.

They win, we lose.
Sadly they have won.

There are posts to which I wanted to reply but haven't because I worry about who will see it and what they may do.

Freedom of speech, even freedom of thought is well and truely dead.

it is crazy and what that poor kid is going through.
Thyat lady that reported it needs to go get a job and get her ass of facebook.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
if anything you people have replyed was remotly true you would all be locked up just for the replys you made in this thread .
Kid goes on line saying
he would kill kids and eat there hearts then says only joking? Tell you what goto the house next to yours knock and when the person opens the door say you will kill them then say just joking and see what happens.
so what part of this post the kid made should everyone believe the part taht says he will kill kids or the part that says only joking?
If he they ignored this and he did kill kids you all would be here asking why they didnt stop him when they knew .
people are so stupid freedom of speach doesnt meen you can say you want to kill people (that my friends can be conspirecy to comit a crime .
all I can say if this kid had lived next to me i sure would want him arrested and alest a few months in jail.
My 19 year old works on a charter boat has had guys threaten him saying they would beat the snot out of him.
Is this what you call freedom of speach? I told my kid if they even SAY IT do your best to take them out first ((how can he know if there joking?
If you DONT intend to do it DONT SAY IT because if you do Ill sure assume you meen it and do what ever is nessery to protect my family and my self.
feedom of speach also meens being responcible for what you say so think first

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Apparently freedom of speech in this country is all but non-existent. I often sensor myself, in terms of social media and message boards, because of cases like this. I'm afraid it'll only get worse because our government is either blinded by whats happening with our law enforcement agencies, or doesn't want to take action because of the power and control they want and have over the masses. This makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If only they heard half the things I yell through my mic when playing online video games.

This country is a huge embarrassment right now. It's down right pathetic what TPTB deem a "threat".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join