It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you aren't hearing about the immigration reform bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
reply to post by Night Star

good call this bill needs to be squashed yesterday. I wish they would stop lumping so much other crap into these bills it is so misleading when not even the people who vote on them understand or even read them.

I agree!!!!

Another trigger requires a detailed system of technology and infrastructure mandated in the bill must also be deployed and operational before green cards will be given to amnesty recipients. But this is made moot by a later provision that empowers DHS to waive all of the detailed requirements, in effect rendering the detailed border control plan meaningless.

And this bill is supposed to show a financial gain when in reality, in so many years it will ruin us with trillions of dollars of debt.

People better hurry up and find out what's really in this bill before it's too late.

There is another thread or two about this amnesty and where companies can save thousands of dollars by hiring amnestied illegals because they don't have to give them health insurance for a number of years. They say if a citizen is hired, they will get part time so the company doesn't have to pay health beneits.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Here you go...

Under Obamacare, businesses with over 50 workers that employ American citizens without offering them qualifying health insurance could be subject to fines of up to $3,000 per worker. But because newly legalized immigrants wouldn’t be eligible for subsidies on the Obamacare exchanges until after they become citizens – at least 13 years under the Senate bill – businesses could avoid such fines by hiring the new immigrants instead.”

So to heck with citizens and those who came here through the proper channels.

I'm telling you, there is more. People have to become aware of what is really going on.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

And this bill is supposed to show a financial gain when in reality, in so many years it will ruin us with trillions of dollars of debt.

Trillions huh? Obviously the right wing media has really REALLY brainwashed you. That statement you made makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Privateinquotations

Listen, I'm not going to bother debating the birther crap. It's over. get over it.

E-Verify works. Humans make mistakes. But E-Verify does work.

The point of that post was that your birther argument was complete dunk. As all birther nonsense is complete dunk.

Immigration reform needs to be done. Y'all aren't happy with the way things are going even though Obam a has deported more people than Bush did.

Y'all are against big government, but at the same time want big government. It makes no sense.

When did i claim to be a birther? You put up an article and claimed the post by Reeferman was a hoax. The article did not address what reefer man posted at all(but that's beside the point). I read the article and pointed out that it showed how a government database was wrong and they claim a clerical error on the original SSN entry. Further illustrating my point that errors will determine whether someone is employable.

"Humans make mistakes", and humans will be entering this information. It is a bad idea and will be ripe for abuse. Please try some independent thinking to go along with the independent voting.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Wow man throwing around the labels left and right(no pun intended). I am an individual and have my own views based on what I've been through in my life. To label someone is to put them in a nice neat box, Then make sweeping generalizations on someone you don't even know.

Yes trillions on a long enough timeline. How many of these millions of new U.S. citizens will be on welfare, food stamps, phones... The burden is already too much to bare and further expanding these programs will break the bank.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thanks again for the info. So where are the positives of this bill? The fence won't stop anything, they will find another way.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

When did i claim to be a birther?

When you posted birther lies claiming them to be true when they are not. If you don't want to be labeled a birther, don't post stuff that is just birther lies.

Yes trillions on a long enough timeline.

On a long enough timeline, if the US Government spent a penny a year on something it would cost trillions.

Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Trillions huh? Obviously the right wing media has really REALLY brainwashed you. That statement you made makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The cost of illegal immigration and amnesty could amount to $6.3 trillion, which would fall on American taxpayers over the long term, according to a Heritage Foundation analysis. As Heritage showed, the majority of illegal immigrants receiving amnesty would receive far more in taxpayer-funded benefits than they would pay in taxes. Even critics of the Heritage study admit amnesty will cost trillions of dollars. Whether it is $4 trillion, $6 trillion or more, the additional costs to the U.S. taxpayer are still too high.

A few factors that could drive the cost even higher...

The number of illegals may be higher.

Heritage’s analysis is based on the Department of Homeland Security’s estimate that there are 11.5 million illegal immigrants currently in the United States. “The DHS estimates that there are some 10.4 million unlawful immigrants recorded in Census surveys and 1.1 million more who are not reported by the Census,” explains Heritage expert Robert Rector. The first number is based on evidence, but the second is a guess, meaning there may be far more. If the number of illegal immigrants is actually 20 percent greater than the 11.5 million assumed in the Heritage analysis, the long-term fiscal cost of amnesty would increase proportionately, adding perhaps $1.2 trillion to the lifetime fiscal deficit.

Medical and welfare in future years is likely to increase future costs.

The Heritage analysis is based on the very conservative assumption “that means-tested welfare and medical benefits per household will grow no faster than general inflation for the next 50 years.” However, Rector explains, “the historical record suggests that this is highly unlikely. For nearly every year for the past half-century, welfare spending per capita has increased much faster than inflation.” It is a similar story for medical care. “The main analysis in this paper assumes that the cost of medical services per beneficiary will grow no faster than inflation for the next 50 years,” says Rector. “This is likely an underestimate and probably results in an understatement of future spending.”

Amnesty may act as a “magnet” for future illegal immigrants. It has in the past.

"The United States passed amnesty in 1986 under the promise that no future amnesty would be granted. “Despite this promise, the 1986 amnesty was probably a factor in encouraging the subsequent surge in unlawful immigration, since it signaled that the U.S. might take a lenient stance toward unlawful immigrants in the future. If the U.S now enacts a second amnesty, it will have established a very strong precedent for serial amnesties,” says Rector.

Make any sense to you yet?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations

Thanks again for the info. So where are the positives of this bill? The fence won't stop anything, they will find another way.

The positives?

Any amnesty in the past resulted in a HUGE increase in more illegal immigration. We have millions of un-employed citizens who need jobs to feed their families. I don't want to hear about the damned necessity for crop pickers, we have a way to get those without amnesty and it doesn't take millions of amnestied illegals to do those jobs! If only more people would understand the nightmare of this bill before it is too damned late.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The immigration reform bill will do the following....

1. Screw taxpayers.

Well, the rest is just details. Washington never worries about the details.

By the way, this formula applies to many other bills as well. Most of them in fact.
edit on 1-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Your comprehension is flawed, sir. I did not post anything pertaining to birthers. That was another member entirely, reeferman was the one who posted the document. If you can't even understand the difference between Privateinquotations and Reeferman, just ignore my threads. You haven't brought one constructive thing to it. All i have seen you do is condescend and throw labels around.

I apologize to the other members reading this thread but i felt this needed to be said. I try to be respectful to other members and it seems this member has nothing but disdain for those who don't share his view.

Deny Ignorance!

and mods if you must remove this i completely understand.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It's an important and informative thread. Don't worry, we can handle those who have opposing views.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Try to get a job now without an SS number. How would e-verify change anything for american citizens.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
E-verify is a good idea but it still is a fact that the best way to rid america of these criminal invaders is to stop giving them freebies. Like free health care at hospital ERs thanks to the EMTALA act passed by congress and free k-12 for illegal kids thanks to the supreme court and plyler v doe.

And congress must also end birthright citizenship by clarifying the meaning of the 14th amendment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join