It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you aren't hearing about the immigration reform bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
While the amnesty and increased moneys for fencing/border guards will put much more strain on the U.S. Nobody is talking about the scariest part that will affect every citizen. E-verify national ID database is written in to the current bill. That's right folks a government program where a bad keystroke can determine whether or not you are employable. This is truly scary to me. Being championed by the same people that say ID requirements for voting is racist.

E-verify

Every time you put in an application or resume DHS and SSA records will be checked.Another database on every American citizen further violating our right to privacy, yet again! This program is ripe for abuse with a simple keystroke your entire livelihood could be shut down. Another very bad idea they are trying to shove down our throats.

Here is what Ron Paul has to say on the subject of E-verify. You can listen to the recording or read the transcript below it.

Ron Paul's take

Show us your papers!
edit on 1-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

Good Points about those pesky 'mistakes' that certainly will plague many.

You can only imagine what 'errors' will happen - genuinely and on purpose.

Untrained and under-trained jealous people will be running rampant.

Good luck trying to get something corrected.

"Verification" is probably necessary, but the 'systems' will be easily broken.

God forbid we should get the word 'efficiency' back into the vocabulary.

edit on Jul-01-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Right to privacy? For a number issued to you by the government?

Here's the thing, if you don't want illegals taking those sweet sweet manual labor and migrant farmworker jobs that Americans are crawling all over themselves to get. E Verify is the way it has to be.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

It is either E-verify, which sucks or making the penalties for hiring a real penalty.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

It is either E-verify, which sucks or making the penalties for hiring a real penalty.

Exactly, and we know that corporations won't let the government do that. They will launch a PR campaign directed towards their conservative slave block telling them that penalizing companies for hiring illegals is a tax and the TEA Party idiots will fall for it hook line and sinker.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
7 years ago I went to get my new drivers license . No big deal. It came in the mail and the prefix was wrong so I went back to the secretary of state and told them. Big mistake they took it and told me to come back with 3 different ID's I did but none had pictuers. After several monthe and lawyer visits I gave up and still have the wrong letter on the license that they gave me 2 years ago. When the bad one expired I figured I was done but they sent a renewal in the mail and renewed it. My neighbor and 1/2 my family are cops they all tried but all got different answers on what to do. Now it's a family joke

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

yet another Governmental double standard...

you dont pass the check.. you dont work..

any official in Government doesn't pass?

none of your business.. move along..

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Really? I thought that we were past the birther bull crap?

www.snopes.com...

Your claim is false, that document was a complete HOAX made up by birthers, cause birthers don't have any real evidence so they have to create evidence.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yeah let's talk about hoaxes:

Like 'right to privacy' hoax considering current events of 'spying'.

Then there is the national background check that is a invasion of privacy. via the immigration bill

Then someone suddenly draws the line at 'e-verify'.

C"est incroyable.!!!!!!

That's incredible!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
People who break this country's laws to come in here illegally should not be granted amnesty.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

A) so you do not trust E-Verify?

B) you do not believe people who have used E-Verify?

C) you have not logged in & used E-Verify yourself?

D) you believe 042 is the appropriate prefix for a Hawaiian born person who never lived in Connecticut?

E) you believe a government office worker, with a bad keystroke or pencil mark can determine whether or not you are citizen from any state in the Union & therefore employable, is not truly scary & all in a normal days work?

F) All of the above

seems odd to me you would be worried about a clerical error cutting someone off from their ability to work, yet a clerical error in the case of 042 68 4425 is perfectly logical.

edit on 1-7-2013 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Right to privacy? For a number issued to you by the government?

Here's the thing, if you don't want illegals taking those sweet sweet manual labor and migrant farmworker jobs that Americans are crawling all over themselves to get. E Verify is the way it has to be.

Yes right to privacy it will be yet another database that the government can put whatever they want into. You can bury your head all you want. It is still a right and has been violated time and time again by our government.

As far as illegals and the manual labor farm jobs i could care less. If they are not earning money to sustain themselves then the result is crime and taking from those earning.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah let's talk about hoaxes:

Like 'right to privacy' hoax considering current events of 'spying'.

Then there is the national background check that is a invasion of privacy. via the immigration bill

Then someone suddenly draws the line at 'e-verify'.

C"est incroyable.!!!!!!

That's incredible!

It's not just E-verify it is the government having the power to cut off your livelihood with the flip of a switch. I also am furious about NSA spying, and the national background check. No line was drawn i wanted to draw peoples attention to yet another trampling of our rights they may not know about.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by neo96

Pretty much sums it up.

What does this "sum up"? Just because some people volunteer information to social networks does not mean we all do. I choose not to put my personal information out there because it is personal. If i want someone to have such information i will give it to them, otherwise the information is stolen which is a violation of my right to privacy.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Here is something else you arn't hearing about the bill...

We were originally told this immigration bill would keep criminals out. That is patently false. S. 744 provides for the admission of criminal aliens into our country with up to three misdemeanor convictions. But once again, this provision can again be waived by DHS. Let's not forget that many misdemeanors are plea bargained down from felonies, and that crimes such as habitual drunken driving, gang-related offenses, stalking, domestic assault, identity theft and child abuse will not stop a criminal alien from being granted legal status.

www.seacoastonline.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

good call this bill needs to be squashed yesterday. I wish they would stop lumping so much other crap into these bills it is so misleading when not even the people who vote on them understand or even read them.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So in the article that you linked it points to clerical error and mistaken cross referencing in a database,yet you are all for E-verify? 2 entry errors on one persons SSN card that should give us all some perspective on this.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

Listen, I'm not going to bother debating the birther crap. It's over. get over it.

E-Verify works. Humans make mistakes. But E-Verify does work.

The point of that post was that your birther argument was complete dunk. As all birther nonsense is complete dunk.

Immigration reform needs to be done. Y'all aren't happy with the way things are going even though Obam a has deported more people than Bush did.

Y'all are against big government, but at the same time want big government. It makes no sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join