It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone suggest a powerful air pistol?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Due to a wife who is very gun adverse and small kids, I can't have a gun in the house, but would like to purchase an air pistol that would be as close to a .22 as possible, but reasonbly priced ($100) or less. Any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

A .22cal Co2 powered pellet pistol would be best, make sure it's pellet and not BB as they are more powerful and more painful. The target style are typically the most powerful but the get less shots per co2 cartridge. Just look for the .22cal size Co2 with a muzzle velocity of 900fps or more. I have a pneumatic pellet rifle thats muzzle velocity if 2200fps and it will knock a buzzard down from 200yds. You could probably find a pretty decent .177 cal at walmart or a sporting goods store for around $100 for everything including a trigger lock, ammo and co2 cartridges. For a .22cal you'd be best to look online or at an outdoors sporting goods store like Cabella's or Dick's.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The Benjamin Franklin .22 Caliber Air Pistol is the Best air pistol I have ever seen.

My brother had one that was made back in the 60's. Its muzzle velocity was about 800 ft/s.

Pretty powerful for an air pistol.

I watched as my brother damn near shot his finger clean off his hand from about 2 feet away.

It is a good pistol but needs to be reloaded after each shot.

edit on 29-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The first page i will link is probably the most amazing airgun ever. The .357 caliber crossman rogue. I just had to share it because it is so B.A.
The second link is to the pistols page at crossman.com there are a large variety you should be able to find what you want on there.

Rogue

pistols

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
why are you lot answering this bs question

op, dude...go read a book

peace

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
dbl post

so heres a joke

Q. Why can’t Obama laugh at himself?
A. Because it would be racist.

edit on 29-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
you wont get anything decent for 100...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Try perusing Straight Shooters. They have a good selection of some of the best airguns made, including pistols. However, in the price range you're looking at, there isn't much to be had, at least with any craftsmanship, or quality.
Straight Shooters

You can get a powerful break barrel rifle cheaper, and it will be of good quality. Such as the RWS Model 34.
RWS Model 34

You might be able to find a used "BSA Supersport" rifle for around 100-200. British made, and of good quality.

Not exactly what you were asking for, but I hope it helps in your search.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I got something better. Get a Taser x3

I have one and love it. I carry it everywhere with me when I'm off duty.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Man up and just go get a .22..
My father-in-law,before he passed ,gave my 11 year old son a .22 rifle.He took a gun and hunting class last year.
At that age,I had a .22 and a 410 shotgun.
As long as they know how to handle and respect it,you should be ok with your supervision.
My son killed a squirrel with a bb gun just like you can with a .22.
There was this this kid killed locally with a bb gun.
Just keep it safe and locked up.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I would never use an air gun for defense. I had that kind of corny idea when I was a teen and actually carried a very high power air pistol (modified) back then. Then I grew old enough to start a proper firearms collection and learned what total lack of options I'd had with an air gun. I know they can be lethal in small game hunting....but that isn't high stress shooting when the other guy isn't feeling little things like pain sometimes.

I'd really recommend non-lethal choices but powerful ones. A Taser isn't a bad idea and Paintball 'markers' (guns) also have Pepper ball ammunition these days that is just obnoxious as all get out and something you'd have to be among the few % immune to the effect to ever keep coming through. Yet...no possibility of a fatal accident because it can't kill. (Also good for runaway animal control with killing something)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
why are you lot answering this bs question

op, dude...go read a book

peace

Hey jackwagon, it's not a bs question. I read reviews and there are a few good suggestions. I then came to this forum because most members are helpful and friendly, and deferred to those who here who have more experience than I. You are just in the category of an unfriendly and unhelpful member who chose to bad mouth an honest question I had. Luckily you and your ilk are few and far between here on ATS.

Thankyou to the other members on here who took the time to give me helpful input, it's much appreciated.
edit on 30-6-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Hey jackwagon, it's not a bs question. I read reviews and there are a few good suggestions. I then came to this forum because most members are helpful and friendly, and deferred to those who here who have more experience than I. You are just in the category of an unfriendly and unhelpful member who chose to bad mouth an honest question I had. Luckily you and your ilk are few and far between here on ATS.

Thankyou to the other members on here who took the time to give me helpful input, it's much appreciated.
edit on 30-6-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

yea....

still...

put the gun down and go read a book

BTW - lol at "jackwagon"
edit on 30-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thePharaoh

I don't understand why someone is in a conversation like this when all he has to say is read a book. My little sister is in a book forum and chats there. Never in a air gun forum giving reading advice. She is a clever kid though.

top topics

join