It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot yay or nay ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm very new to this whole type of thing (ATS/Aliens/Cryptozoology). In saying that though, I've done a lot of reading and I've come to my own belief that Bigfoot does exist.

I live in Australia, so no way would I even have the chance to come across one (unless they decide to take a vacation to a nice warm place :lol

But from reading a lot of peoples stories and viewing video and pictures, there just can't be that many people out there going to the lengths of creating a suit and risking their lives to get to some of the spots bigfoot has been spotted.

I'm hoping in our lifetime we do discover who/what is out there. I've only just hit the tip of the iceberg but love reading the mass content that is available.

Yay from me

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I just want to say thanks for your more light-hearted and friendly thread about Bigfoot, I hope you read my post earlier, have you read the book "missing 411"?
For the "yayers", what do think Bigfoot is, an unknown hominid, an alien/dimensional being or something else?
If I had to come off the fence, I'd go with a Gigantopithecus relative that's managed to live in small numbers without being found, but I think that my be a bit of a stretch perhaps.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
reply to post by randyvs

I just want to say thanks for your more light-hearted and friendly thread about Bigfoot, I hope you read my post earlier, have you read the book "missing 411"?
For the "yayers", what do think Bigfoot is, an unknown hominid, an alien/dimensional being or something else?
If I had to come off the fence, I'd go with a Gigantopithecus relative that's managed to live in small numbers without being found, but I think that my be a bit of a stretch perhaps.

Although I haven't read the book, I was interested enough to listen
to all of the coast to coast program and plan on reading the book when
I can get my hands on one.

I find the NAI's words are always dependable. If they say it has magic, I believe 'em. The call it a hairy devil ?
That's most likely what it is. They had no concept of a lie before we white man came along.

Thank you for the interest and your participation.
edit on 3-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Whatever they are, they have characteristics of humans and animals. Being able to avoid detection (for the most part) just shows how clever these creatures are. Also how they've adapted to the environment portrays their animalistic characteristics. I'd like to think some sort of Neanderthal descendant?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infest
I'm very new to this whole type of thing (ATS/Aliens/Cryptozoology). In saying that though, I've done a lot of reading and I've come to my own belief that Bigfoot does exist.

I live in Australia, so no way would I even have the chance to come across one (unless they decide to take a vacation to a nice warm place :lol

But from reading a lot of peoples stories and viewing video and pictures, there just can't be that many people out there going to the lengths of creating a suit and risking their lives to get to some of the spots bigfoot has been spotted.

I'm hoping in our lifetime we do discover who/what is out there. I've only just hit the tip of the iceberg but love reading the mass content that is available.

Yay from me

Don't you have the "Yowie" in Australia? Do you believe this is the same type of creature/Hominid as Bigfoot?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yay from me

Don't you have the "Yowie" in Australia? Do you believe this is the same type of creature/Hominid as Bigfoot?

Yeah we do. But for some reason I don't tend to believe it as much as Bigfoot. I guess that's due to the fact I've seen a lot more of Australia than I have the rest of the world and there's alot more "evidence" suggesting Bigfoot is real.

In saying that though, nothing would please me more for both of them to exist
!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'd done so much reading of Bigfoot stories,and some come from very credible people. As disgusted for the lack of evidence & most evidence presented has been discredited. I still have to say a big "YAY"!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GraciaEspn

Indeed some of the evidence has been, as you say, discredited... But much of it is just plain ignored by the scientific community because it doesn't fit into "what they know is correct".

Tracks with dermal ridges. "unknown" primate DNA. Now I'll be the first to admit that many of the sightings can be, and are, a bit sketchy. My own fits into that category to an outside viewer, especially when the effect that it had on me personally at that moment can not be factored into it, or even explained by me to others...

Discredited. Ignored. Sasquatch is both.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Tracks with dermal ridges. "unknown" primate DNA. Now I'll be the first to admit that many of the sightings can be, and are, a bit sketchy. My own fits into that category to an outside viewer, especially when the effect that it had on me personally at that moment can not be factored into it, or even explained by me to others...

As I pointed to earlier, your being a Mod here on ATS is highly indicative.
I don't just believe every story coming across the interlink. And not that I
believe what ever a Mod says is gospell either. Your sister credits you
and this is really a simple sighting, confirmed by your interest.
As you went back to check an area that is populated by one older man.

Whom if ever did pay attention enough to see it. Would probably blow it
off and never even report it. It would go to the grave with him.
At least now your account is here.

43 YAY

28 NAY

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would say "yes". I have seen one and heard one.

They are out there.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Alaska

Lots of sightings and accounts. Some recently some older. Alaska is so big and remote area abound.

Survivor man Les Stroud had two accounts in Alaska.

Here are others

You might be interested in:•Bigfoot follows women during night ride
•Plane buzzes Hairy Man people running over ice
•Hairy Man and boy have stare-down
•Couple spots Hairy Man near Chevak
•The Tuluksak River Hairy Man

Go to bottom of article for above list.

Link www.deltadiscovery.com...

A family out egg hunting last spring near their village of Kasigluk came upon an incredible sight – a large, dark, hairy creature walking upright was heading towards them.
link www.bigfootbuzz.net...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I just came across this video, and thought it would be right at home on ATS:

Unsealed Conspiracy Files:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have to say, I believe bigfoot is out there just keeping a low profile. I know there isn't solid proof yet, but hey there have been many animals that scientists didn't think were still around that ended up being proven real.

Mr. Bigfoot could very well be a descendent of Gigantopithecus. I don't tend to think he is any sort of missing link or long lost cave man though. I am using "he" just for convenience, since obviously there are male and female.

Until I see otherwise, I can't help but think he exists. I have spoken to too many people that have told me about seeing bigfoot. I live in Alaska, and many of the Native Alaskans who live in some of the villages talk about him just like you or I would talk about a dog. It's absolutely real to them.

I believe Lake Illiamna is a pretty popular place for bigfoot activity, or is that the lake monster... I can't remember, and I am digressing, sorry.

Some people say he is some sort of a slave/worker drone used by the grey aliens (I have a hard time believing that), or that he is a creature from a different dimension that sometimes passes into our universe for various reasons.

It could even be a DNA experiment from long ago. This could be from the nephilim or ancient astronaut theory depending on your beliefs.

So anyway, yes I believe bigfoot exists. Sorry for the meandering answer.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aduley

I believe Lake Illiamna is a pretty popular place for bigfoot activity, or is that the lake monster... I can't remember, and I am digressing, sorry.

Animal Planet's 'River Monsters' visits Illiamna Lake

Alaska's bigfoot

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

New Zealand isn't so far? I understand they have a diverse eco system which might support this hypothetical sort of life. I'll add that if this lifeform(s) does exist, I hope a living example never has to deal with the absolute nightmare (and obvious subsequent death) that would be capture by humans.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Could the Bigfoot be the descendants of the Seraphim, the offspring of fallen angels and human beings? That would explain the lack of physical evidence, these would be paranormal beings with supernatural powers and abilities. Maybe very long lived.
They were said to be giants and to inhabit the wastes. That's my theory.
Now there are smaller "skunk apes" that are seen here closer to the east coast, I don't know what they are. Possibly more offspring from later generations, lesser in stature.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aduley

Mr. Bigfoot could very well be a descendent of Gigantopithecus. I don't tend to think he is any sort of missing link or long lost cave man though. I am using "he" just for convenience, since obviously there are male and female.

You make good sense here. And I often reason this topic with just this one fact.
That this giant ape does exist in the archeaological record. The Minnesota ice
man is something as understand it recently. So it isn't even as impossible as
many like to make it out to be. And another thing, although not one will admit it.
There has to be a percentage of naysayers that are negative only out of fear.
I know for this society to come up with proof that harry ass apes run wild thru
the woods. It would scare the hell out of people.

reply to post by Dutchowl

Could the Bigfoot be the descendants of the Seraphim, the offspring of fallen angels and human beings?

I certainly wouldn't rule that out. Not for one minute. Especially the way the NAIs describe him.
" Spirit of the earth " " Hairy devils " ' They have magic " Invisible " ! Tons of mystery for sure.
edit on 24-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yay Paul bunyun, Nay Bigfoot

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Why?

Paul Bunyan did indeed, so I understand it, exist. Canadian, I believe...

Sasquatch doesn't? Really? What was it I saw then, with my own two eyes that afternoon?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Why?

Paul Bunyan did indeed, so I understand it, exist. Canadian, I believe...

Sasquatch doesn't? Really? What was it I saw then, with my own two eyes that afternoon?

Well, what you saw was your personal sighting and its not for anyone else to determine what it was or wasn't. What you saw may have been a squatch, I just have no way to determine that for myself. What I do know is that people can and do misidentify things for a number of reasons. I'm not saying you did, but that is all I have to go on since big foot knowledge hasn't crossed over to common folk like myself. I am fascinated by the big foot stories as I see it as an interesting possibility.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join