It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alot of military like equipment with ARC on the side?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I want to start by saying that I am a loyal lurker of ats and have been for about 10 years now. I created this account because on my way to a deep sea fishing trip out of Galveston recently we passed a relatively large area that was fenced off with some military like vehicles that had the lettering ARC on the side of it. Now, generally I'd be like ok maybe some private security org. that has some beefed up security somewhere. But, on the way out of the port there was a massive ship that also had that same lettering on the side. The ship looked to be at least 100 ft in length, and have actual building like structures sitting on top of it, so maybe a command center or something. Now that's good and all, but right across from the pier that we left out of there was a huge concrete looking building with no windows and a helicopter sitting on top with a little orange sub hanging from the top that resembled something like what you would consider to be an escape pod.

So my question is:

what is it? I tried to do a google search and couldn't come up with anything. I would have taken a picture but didn't for fear of getting in trouble. There is no way some private security or whatever has that much armor. I also google earthed it and didn't find current pictures with the vehicles in it. the location is just to the right of 1700 harborside dr. in Galveston, tx if any of you guys have any ideas that would be great as my curiousity is bugging me on this!

A lot of thanks in advanced,
Spin
edit on 28-6-2013 by spincycle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spincycle
I want to start by saying that I am a loyal lurker of ats and have been for about 10 years now. I created this account because on my way to a deep sea fishing trip out of Galveston recently we passed a relatively large area that was fenced off with some military like vehicles that had the lettering ARC on the side of it. Now, generally I'd be like ok maybe some private security org. that has some beefed up security somewhere. But, on the way out of the port there was a massive ship that also had that same lettering on the side. The ship looked to be at least 100 ft in length, and have actual building like structures sitting on top of it, so maybe a command center or something. Now that's good and all, but right across from the pier that we left out of there was a huge concrete looking building with no windows and a helicopter sitting on top with a little orange sub hanging from the top that resembled something like what you would consider to be an escape pod.

So my question is:

what is it? I tried to do a google search and couldn't come up with anything. I would have taken a picture but didn't for fear of getting in trouble. There is no way some private security or whatever has that much armor. I also google earthed it and didn't find current pictures with the vehicles in it. the location is just to the right of 1700 harborside dr. in Galveston, tx if any of you guys have any ideas that would be great as my curiousity is bugging me on this!

A lot of thanks in advanced,
Spin
edit on 28-6-2013 by spincycle because: (no reason given)

It would help if we had images to go along with your description.
If they had ACR on the side of them, It could mean Armored Cavalry Regiment....
Texas has been home to the Third ACR, via Ft. Bliss.

Also is this a shipping port where the Army would transfer vehicles through?

Given the state of Syria, and IIRC some older news about supporting Turkey, I'd not be surprised if there was not a base getting set up for prepositioning a task force. KKMC in Saudi or the like.

M.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spincycle

Would the ships look something like this?

www.arrcnet.com...

-hamboan

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm inclined to believe that the armored vehicles are perhaps some sort of military project but are'nt are vehicles usually black or tan or maybe even camo? These vehicles are all white. I'm sorry I do not have any pictures as I live quite a distance away. They are located at the port of galveston on pier 16. I live quite a bit away so I'm unable to go and take pics.

The ARC ship does not look like the one on that website as it has so many building like structures on the top and not much room to transport said armored vehicles. As my knowledge on port goings on and military movements and what not are limited I'm not really sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The above posters link answers your questions. ARC stands for american roll on roll off carrier (or something like that) and they specialize in shipping armored vehicles for the government.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Maybe it has something to do with this:

The Automotive Research Center (ARC) is a University-based U.S. Army Center of Excellence for advancing the technology of high fidelity simulation of military and civilian ground vehicles.

At the Automotive Research Center (ARC) we develop simulation and modeling environments for discovering and assessing critical ground vehicle technologies. We focus on problems associated with management of power and energy within vehicles, mobility and survivability of the complete vehicle system, including the human operator.
arc.engin.umich.edu...
edit on 29-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Look at HamBoan's link. It has to be the roll on roll off carriers.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I used too have a few friends that went to Texas A&M in Galveston. They do have a very good biology program that uses submersibles.They are located on pelican island and sometimes use the docks on harborside drive for their research vessels.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
awesome...ty guys a bunch. I googled arc but got so many links that I didnt know were to begin. I'm definately headed in the right direction now!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I see this basically every day. It may be possible that you are simply seeing CARC which is printed on just about everything that has CARC paint.

CARC is Chemical Agent Resistant Coating

What is CARC paint? CARC stands for Chemical Agent Resistant Coatings. These coatings are used extensively on most military vehicles and equipment. These coatings produce a non-porous coat that impedes radioactivity, chemical and biological contaminants from penetrating the coating and the base material. Instead of penetrating the coating, chemicals bead up on the exterior of the surface and are washed off easily.

www.productionpaint.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
1700 harborside dr. in Galveston,

That's across the street from the rail head at the wharf.

Trains carry military hardware down to the ships at the wharf. Those big ships carry that hardware to exotic and distant lands.
You know the rest.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ah yes, someone else has seen these vehicles as well. I started my own thread in January after I saw one of these vehicles passing me on the highway near Austin, Texas.

I've been googling for 20 minutes and found this thread. And will continue my search now...

Oh here is my thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-23-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join