It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Insurance Exchange Train Is Already Coming Off The Rails

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This could be the tipping point that leads to a revolution. People may very well rebel.

Forbes Magazine:

it’s becoming increasingly likely that the exchanges won’t be ready by October 1, when they’re supposed to open for enrollment. Mass confusion and excessive costs will result.

Large, well known Insurance Companies are choosing not to participate:

Even if the exchanges open on time, there’s little guarantee consumers will actually have insurance options, as Obamacare’s architects promised. Major insurers have indicated they plan to operate in less than a third of the exchanges. In California, for instance, UnitedHealthcare, Aetna, and Cigna are all choosing not to sell policies through the state’s exchange. This will undoubtedly reduce consumer choice.

And us little people may not have a choice of plans at all. There may be only ONE OPTION available:

Employees working at small businesses are unlikely to have any choice of plans in the exchanges designed for them. The Obama Administration has delayed full implementation of the Small Business Health Options Program, or SHOP, in the 33 exchanges it will be running. Workers at small businesses were supposed to be able to log onto these exchanges and choose from among several competing plans. Instead, employees of a given firm will have just one option through the exchange until at least 2015.

And, of course, higher premiums for us little people who could not afford health insurance to begin with.

That lack of competition on the exchanges will yield higher prices for businesses and consumers.

And Obamacare’s raft of regulations and costly benefit mandates will only drive prices higher. According to a new report from the House Energy and Commerce Committee,major health insurers expect average premiums for individuals to double — and in some cases, to quintuple. Small-business premiums will shoot up anywhere from 50 to 100 percent.

The Obamacare train is derailing right now. The only way to stop it from crippling taxpayers, small businesses, the health care system, and the economy is to cut the engine and pull hard on the brakes.

Forbes

People are already broke and desperate. Small businesses are already struggling to survive. And the economy is going to crash even harder than it already has.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
They are now taking $68 out of each of my paychecks. I used to work full time, then knocked to part time when this whole deal kicked in. I lost my insurance too, because I can't afford to pay for it. Why? Because I'm missing the $68 out of each of my paychecks.

I will also not qualify for the expanded medicaid coverage, so I will have no other choice but to be fined.

I don't know what else Obama wants me to do. I'm so happy that him and his family get to go on vacations all of the time and enjoy. I haven't been on a vacation in many years.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I voluntarily dropped my insurance 3 months ago, because if I did not we would be homeless. I have no car loan, no credit cards, operate on cash only, use coupons religiously and still could not make ends meet due this economy. I held a small hope for Obamacare in the back of my mind until now. Now I'm pissed!

Even if opt to just take the fine, the economy is going to crash and it will be harder to survive each month.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
I voluntarily dropped my insurance 3 months ago, because if I did not we would be homeless. I have no car loan, no credit cards, operate on cash only, use coupons religiously and still could not make ends meet due this economy. I held a small hope for Obamacare in the back of my mind until now. Now I'm pissed!

Even if opt to just take the fine, the economy is going to crash and it will be harder to survive each month.

I feel your pain, I truly do. And I'm sorry you are struggling. It feels as if it is a never ending battle most days.

I think many people are going to find out real soon that they will not qualify for the expanded medicaid, even though they feel they should qualify. And this is going to be a big shock for some, it was for me.

It was explained to me weeks ago by a hospital administrator the criteria for expanded medicaid, and she told me I'd have to make less than 10K a year. I told her, I may as well quit my job and just live on the system.

The poor are going to be punished. The money will be taken out of their paychecks and funneled into a health care system that they will not be able to afford, leaving people like me with no insurance at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am a Independent Insurance Broker in Connecticut. My maine bussines is health insurance to small bussineses.In the past year I have lost %70 of my clients do to the high rising cost of Heath Insurance in this state do to Obamacare! So many companies have just gone belly up do to the high cost and the economy.
I have been to a few meetings with some of the carriers I do bussines with and they all say the same thing...rates can rise by as much as %80 by next year.

I am know looking for a new career.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I am a Independent Insurance Broker in Connecticut. My maine bussines is health insurance to small bussineses.In the past year I have lost %70 of my clients do to the high rising cost of Heath Insurance in this state do to Obamacare! So many companies have just gone belly up do to the high cost and the economy.
I have been to a few meetings with some of the carriers I do bussines with and they all say the same thing...rates can rise by as much as %80 by next year.

You complain the Obamacare is to blame for rates going up for the past year even though it isn't in effect yet. Obamacare isn't the blame the greedy insurance companies are the blame.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't put much stock into editorial pieces. Until "Obamacare" is fully implemented and when we get some factual numbers then we can decide whether or not it's a failure or a success. Until then I'll continue to dismiss the countless editorial pieces that have been posted here demonizing Obamacare.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

You complain the Obamacare is to blame for rates going up for the past year even though it isn't in effect yet. Obamacare isn't the blame the greedy insurance companies are the blame.

Well, we can't leave the insurance companies out of the blame game completely... But,

Well, it’s been an interesting week in health care land. For a while now, independent analysts—and conservative critics—have raised concerns that Obamacare will dramatically increase the cost of individually-purchased health insurance for healthier people. This would, of course, contradict President Obama’s promises that “if you like your plan, you can keep it” and that the cost of insurance would go down “by $2,500 per family per year.” What’s new is that liberal columnists, facing reality, are conceding that premiums will go up for most people in the individual market. But they’re justifying it by saying that “rate shock” will help a tiny minority of people who can’t get insurance today. If they had said that in 2009, would Obamacare have passed?

Forbes

Obama did say, "if you like your plan, you can keep it" and that the prices would go down.... he even quoted an amount that they would decrease.
So much for that BS.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Health care costs will never go down as long as Congress is in cahoots with the doctors and insurance companies. You cannot throw money at them and expect that will make health care more affordable. Doctors and hospitals have to be held accountable for the prices they charge. There needs to be laws passed that doctors cannot own the hospitals. There also needs to be oversight to check against fraud. I went to an emergency room several years ago with stomach pains and was there for three hours. I received an MRI and EKG, some intervenous meds, and some jello and crackers. The doctor billed me for $3000.00. The Radiologist billed me for $2000.00. And the hospital billed me for $11,000.00.

One should not be saddled with a lifetime of debt for a three hour hospital stay that diagnosed nothing and cured nothing. Three hours in a hospital should be able to be payed with out of pocket money. It should not require years of payments.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
...and its only gunna get worse before, or if ever, it gets better....it like the more business and govt and lawyers actually read obamasortacare...they find more and more things that condradict everything lord god king bufu said about it....

and the govt wonders why the peole dont trust them....'we're gunna have a problem'......

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just want to throw some Obamacare happenings in the company I work with right now... Recently the company I work for held a meeting in regards to us switiching over and offering a 4th option that would meet the guidelines of "Affordable Insurance" we went from Blue Cross Blue Shield to United Health Care ...

People... They offered a Health Savings Insurance plan... If anyone knows anything about insurance plans... These are not that good. Especially since you can't gaurentee that your not going to fall sick tomorrow or the next day. In theory everything sounds logical. It was "cheap" for individual coverage but for those of us who have families and need them covered as well..

I should scan and upload the plans for everyone to see....

The overall cost of premiums did go down per plan across the board... Which I still dont' understand... But once you get into family coverage Me, My Fiance, My daughter your still looking at 400-500 per paycheck and since I get paid 2 times a month that a G-Note right there just for insurance... Even with the "Affordable Care Act"...

Needless to say I stayed with the PPO coverage... F-me in the goat arse with no lube Obama... Thank you mother may I have another!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Taxation and regulation started a two years before benefits go into effect and have been implemented in an incremental fashion since the bill was passed.

Yes, the rates have gone up due to coverage mandates, increased regulation, increased taxation, and anticipation of more of the same in the future.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Health care costs will never go down as long as Congress is in cahoots with the doctors and insurance companies. You cannot throw money at them and expect that will make health care more affordable. Doctors and hospitals have to be held accountable for the prices they charge. There needs to be laws passed that doctors cannot own the hospitals. There also needs to be oversight to check against fraud. I went to an emergency room several years ago with stomach pains and was there for three hours. I received an MRI and EKG, some intervenous meds, and some jello and crackers. The doctor billed me for $3000.00. The Radiologist billed me for $2000.00. And the hospital billed me for $11,000.00.

One should not be saddled with a lifetime of debt for a three hour hospital stay that diagnosed nothing and cured nothing. Three hours in a hospital should be able to be payed with out of pocket money. It should not require years of payments.

You were billed to cover the costs of those, such as illegal aliens, who are mandated ER care without reimbursement.

Look up the EMTLA act.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Obamacare means everyone except the very poor can no longer afford to go to the doctor. The poor will get the best care. I cannot afford to carry a decent plan for my family as the premiums are too expense. With crappy insurance, I cannot even go to the doctor because I cannot afford the extremely high deductibles and copays.

Obamacare sounded awful in the beginning and has only gotten worse.

Not to mention companies paying additional tax so wages will be cut and unemployment will increase. What a mess!!!
edit on 28-6-2013 by GoldenVoyager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager
Obamacare means everyone except the very poor can no longer afford to go to the doctor. The poor will get the best care. I cannot afford to carry a decent plan for my family as the premiums are too expense. With crappy insurance, I cannot even go to the doctor because I cannot afford the extremely high deductibles and copays.

Obamacare sounded awful in the beginning and has only gotten worse.

Not to mention companies paying additional tax so wages will be cut and unemployment will increase. What a mess!!!
edit on 28-6-2013 by GoldenVoyager because: (no reason given)

hhmm...I live in California, and the insurance exchange hasn't even gone into affect yet....you must be talking about your present day insurer. but, you blame Obama, and not the insurance companies who are making billions in profits. so, if we had republicans in charge, we would all have lower premiums?????....this is why your argument doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
No only our regular health care insurance has double thanks to Obama change and hope you can believe, but our deductibles has double also, the medications has triple and now we have to prove that when the doctor give us a none generic medication we have to filed paperwork with specific information why we most have the medication

We have the same insurance since the 90s and never we have so much BS as what we are getting now, also if the doctor is giving us treatment that required blood work frequently because possible side effects to the liver or other organs we can not do it without permission first

So we are paying more for restricted and limited insurance and we have insurance for 40 years is not like we never been insured before.

Then here in my neck of the woods the local government is warning the consumers that health care under Obama will be costly for most households due to the fact that we have one major hospital in the area and is a monopoly so the Obama insurance Exchange will not work if is not competition of two and more hospitals to chose

Yes this is the great Obamacare at work and is not even in effect yet

Yeah, I agree is going to be riots when the fines starts to pile out for consumer when is not even their fault.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

Wait for the amnesty bill and the millions that will fall into the welfare system and you and me and all the hard working tax payer paying for their fee health care.

Revolution is what this nation needs.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
True, Obamacare has not even gone into full effect and look at how much damage it has done.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

These idiots in washington dc can't seem to understand "affordable" to someone making $75,000 a year with a family is a bout $50 - $150 a month - but they don't see it when they make $100,000 plus a year - and all the extra money they garner from their insider trading scams.

Beside, they really believe in Cloward and Piven.
edit on 28-6-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"We have to pass the Bill to see what is in it." Words to remember. "Greedy doctors. Greedy insurance companies." What a joke. Stop drinking the Obama kool-aid and wake-up! Obamacare is a scam! It is DESIGNED to make medical care unaffordable! It is the first step to a National Health Care system. It is the first step to the Government taking ownership of you. Once this happens you will have no privacy. Everything will be open to the Government in the name of health care. Stop blaming insurance companies and doctors, put the blame where it belongs. Politicians wanting more power and control and the Unions who foot the bill for them. If we go to a National Health Care system, the Unions get off the hook for providing care for retirees thus freeing up BILLIONS of dollars for the union leadership to spend how they like.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join