It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Storm, Heavy Rain Threat in Multiple Regions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
From Weather.com - this looks bad!

Check, please, the picture just below the video, with all the large red areas! This isn't just the East Coast, but all over the place. I have heard reports of bad weather in New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Kansas. I don't recall every seeing this many severe storms, over this large an area, in the past. My question is simple - who's playing with the weather control machines???

For any in such areas, be safe.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Not saying its not accurate, but we get the same exaggerated forcasts in the UK, hardly ever happens though.

Micheal Fish anyone?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I know right..totally amazing to get severe thunderstorms in the summer..
It only happens every year.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

The weather has been strange lately, with our extreme cold and snow in the late spring and now extremely wet and stormy. Weve had about a 70/30 ratio of stormy wet days vs good days here and some of our storms have been extreme. In Bismarck Saturday they got 1" in 10 minutes and had major flooding of the streets. We had 70+ MPH winds Saturday and some golf ball sized hail.

very strange indeed.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
becareful of tornado folks..like nasa say 'pray'

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've been watching this all week.

Now it's starting to look like a hurricane.

edit on 27-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

That's MY area!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

We got hit pretty hard here in Michigan. Rain came down in sheets, we couldn't see out our windows; our next door neighbor property looks like he moved his front yard into the lake. The water crossed over the road, but the flood line stopped at our property line. We are lucky we are on high ground. Strange, I was thinking the same thing about weather manipulation, the storm was so loud and frightening.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Alright....the weather where I am is way weird! One of the kids came in, and said things looked "green"! I looked, and while it isn't exactly green, the color is different than I have ever seen for storms here. Took some pics and video, and will try to add those later. Note, though; the color in the pics seems to be less weird than what we all see in the sky, with our eyes. No idea WHY.

Anyone else seeing odd weather tonight?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I'm right on the edge of one of those red areas, but the local forecast calls for some mild wind and scattered thunderstorms. Your forecast might be slightly exaggerated. Just a little.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Not saying its not accurate, but we get the same exaggerated forcasts in the UK, hardly ever happens though.

Micheal Fish anyone?

Well, I see bad weather HERE (middle US), and people I know on FB posted about it where they live, too. So, this time, at least, it looks bad.

I do know what you mean, though. We had storms predicted before, and clear weather, with no storms showing up at all. Happened a LOT recently, in fact.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

That can be a precursor to a tornado. Be alert.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

This isn't just severe thunderstorms; it's large areas with severs storms, not all along a front line. That is the weird part. Did you check that pic in the link? I love thunderstorms, and frequently watch them. This weather is odd.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

The weather has been strange lately, with our extreme cold and snow in the late spring and now extremely wet and stormy. Weve had about a 70/30 ratio of stormy wet days vs good days here and some of our storms have been extreme. In Bismarck Saturday they got 1" in 10 minutes and had major flooding of the streets. We had 70+ MPH winds Saturday and some golf ball sized hail.

very strange indeed.

I hear that! Here, we had cold, then hot, then cold again, like I haven't seen it in years of living here. It's very strange, and it's that way in a LOT of places! Hopefully, more will chime in on their areas.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

I'm in Michigan too. We were supposed to get rain all week last week but it never happened. Right now it's looking like to set up for the average summer thunderstorm. Really nothing new to the native Michigander.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
becareful of tornado folks..like nasa say 'pray'

Prayer is a good idea. Weather.com spoke of possible ping pong sized hail here, and possible tornadoes.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

One of the kids came in, and said things looked "green"! I looked, and while it isn't exactly green, the color is different than I have ever seen for storms here.

I noticed the skies here looked really eerie too, and commented on it to my husband. I called the sky color a yellowish-green though.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Better get your swimmies on! Lol.

I'm in Albany - flash flood watch, and few rumbles of thunder so far.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
I've been watching this all week.

Now it's starting to look like a hurricane.

edit on 27-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

That's really freaking over land, moving seaward! It does look a lot like hurricane-precursor weather. Spent years in Florida, and seen that before!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Micheal Fish anyone?

Well, I see bad weather HERE (middle US), and people I know on FB posted about it where they live, too. So, this time, at least, it looks bad.

I do know what you mean, though. We had storms predicted before, and clear weather, with no storms showing up at all. Happened a LOT recently, in fact.

Its hard to know what to believe.
The Micheal fish comment. In the UK we don't get hurricanes, but back in 87 a TV weather presenter announced to the whole of the UK "Don't worry, the hurricane rumors are false" Next thing we knew half the country was blown down by one

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join