It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Storm, Heavy Rain Threat in Multiple Regions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Latest Radar Image

06/28/13 12:42 EST:

If I didn't know any better...
I'd swear I'm looking at a damn Tropical Storm.
edit on 27-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
This is Us Weather Condition Right Now..

Not Good
edit on 27-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

Well, quieter where I am, at least!

Originally posted by iunlimited491
Latest Radar Image

06/28/13 12:42 EST:

If I didn't know any better...
I'd swear I'm looking at a damn Tropical Storm.
edit on 27-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

Still looks pre-hurricane.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Here is a pic (this is almost due EAST, in the evening just before the thread started) showing the odd color in the sky.

The weird thing is that the whole sky looked this color, to the entire family, but only this picture showed the color. No idea why that would be.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

That's crazy! I walked outside yesterday to try to get some shots of a storm that was dropping huge hail about 10 miles away from me. I didn't get any because my camera was cold and the air was humid, whoops. The sky was a deep orange and green right in certain parts if the cloud, very similar to your own picture.

If you had one picture that came out like this and the others were different its probably a white balance thing, should be easily correctable to give you back the right colors.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

That's crazy! I walked outside yesterday to try to get some shots of a storm that was dropping huge hail about 10 miles away from me. I didn't get any because my camera was cold and the air was humid, whoops. The sky was a deep orange and green right in certain parts if the cloud, very similar to your own picture.

If you had one picture that came out like this and the others were different its probably a white balance thing, should be easily correctable to give you back the right colors.

Maybe, but it's a cheap camera, so I would have to play with the photo editing software to try and fix it. Will have to see. Very odd color, in any case! The kids were all freaking out, and they have seen tons of storm clouds, and never were bothered by them.

VERY odd weather these days. Huge hail was talked about (on the weather site) for this area, too. Even so, with hail in other storms, I never saw that, and I have a tendency to try and get storm cloud pics, as they tend to be very pretty.

There was a little green here, but it had faded before I got the camera outside.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I live in upstate NY right above the PA border and heard Luzerne? County in PA got 3 - 4 inches of rain and saw on facebook that the flash flooding was so bad there was a couple of feet of water across some roads. It was just downpouring last night! I was at my boyfriend's mom's house and tried to go home around 930 or so and it was coming down so fast / hard that the road was flooding almost immediately in certain spots, got to an intersection that was flooded and turned around and decided to stay at his mom's for the night, and there was a mudslide, the news station reported 12 inches of mud across the road in an area where they have been doing construction where the soil was all loose. Very wet night! Hope everyone stayed safe!

Here's a couple picture of some of the flash flooding in Chenango County, New York taken by Rick Crowell

Source

edit on 28-6-2013 by ML8715 because: added photos

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hasn't rained where I live in 3 weeks. We're needing it bad. Ofcourse, here in Arkansas it's a common thing to see the rain go north into Missouri or south into Louisiana and totally miss us and it sucks. If I could get my wife to move further north i'd do it.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I hope all in those areas will be safe and clear from any bad weather. I grew up in the midwest and have seen the damage that rain and tornadoes produce and I wish you all the best. Stay prepared and pay attention to your weather alerts!!!!

However, on a lighter note...maybe someone could do some voodoo and send those rain storms back my way

The weather here in Pasadena, CA will be in the triple digits over the next week or so and today it was about 94 degrees. I live right against the mountains and just hope that nothing goes up in flames...it's so incredibly dry back there, that if you blew hot breath on a bush it would probably catch fire. We have already kicked our fire season off two months early. As a matter of fact, there's fires burning right now in the Mentone, CA area.

I know it's no comparison, but I would love to see some water fall from the sky right about now.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It's been every night, for a week now!! Tonight was really bad. Power lines down, poles down, trees took out a car, a house and a pool.....I've never seen storms like this every single night....it's getting ridiculous......while I was listening to the scanner, at one point, every road in or out of town was blocked by a pole down or a tree down.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ML8715
I live in upstate NY right above the PA border and heard Luzerne? County in PA got 3 - 4 inches of rain and saw on facebook that the flash flooding was so bad there was a couple of feet of water across some roads. It was just downpouring last night! I was at my boyfriend's mom's house and tried to go home around 930 or so and it was coming down so fast / hard that the road was flooding almost immediately in certain spots, got to an intersection that was flooded and turned around and decided to stay at his mom's for the night, and there was a mudslide, the news station reported 12 inches of mud across the road in an area where they have been doing construction where the soil was all loose. Very wet night! Hope everyone stayed safe!

Here's a couple picture of some of the flash flooding in Chenango County, New York taken by Rick Crowell

Source

edit on 28-6-2013 by ML8715 because: added photos

I live right next door in Otsego county and the flooding is just as bad here. Country club has. Several holes gateway's flooded and the last time that happened was during the last hurricanes that hit our area. It would seem the hundred year flood planes are starting to appear on an annual bases.
edit on 28-6-2013 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Record breaking 105 degrees here in the mile high Rockies.

Forest fires all over the state...

nmfireinfo.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I'm right on the edge of one of those red areas, but the local forecast calls for some mild wind and scattered thunderstorms. Your forecast might be slightly exaggerated. Just a little.

Not with thunder that shakes the windows, it isn't! I can see the accuracy by stepping outside. Going to try for some more pics, which I will post if the weird color of the clouds shows in them. A little video clip with clouds and thunder in the background, too, I will try and link in.

The green cast in the sky is from the height of the cloud and the position of the sun.
A thunderhead that is taller than the surrounding cloud cover is illuminated from the side by the sun. A high angle sun is yellow and will turn the primarily blue diffracted light within the storm yellow/green and a sun that is low on the horizon has red/orange light that will turn the light within the storm a darker shade of green.

The key is that surrounding clouds may be a few miles up but big cells will create columns of clouds that reach more than ten miles sometimes. The sun illuminates the entire cell from the side while the lower clouds all shade each other.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Looks like a low sun in the west is coloring the tops of those clouds orange. The wind from supercells has a tendency to throw up fine dust that stays high in the atmosphere and makes red skies around stormy areas in the evenings.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks

I live right next door in Otsego county and the flooding is just as bad here. Country club has. Several holes gateway's flooded and the last time that happened was during the last hurricanes that hit our area. It would seem the hundred year flood planes are starting to appear on an annual bases.
edit on 28-6-2013 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

Yeah definitely. The last few years have been crazy, 2006 flood, 2011 flood that was terrible everywhere in NY. It's like every year we're more and more prone to flooding. Not a good sign.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Looks like June will be the wettest June for Philadelphia over the 142 years.
With the rain that occurred yesterday Philly is now at 10.19 inches for the month.
Seems to have been the same pattern for the past couple of days..Nice in the morning and throughout the day then around 5pm EST Mordor shows up, the skies go black and the downpours start..

Philly Rain Totals
edit on 29-6-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by cheesy

I'm in Charleston, SC and yesterday we had two separate storms with active Tornado Warnings.

Today we had a pretty decent storm, we were under a warning for a good hour or so.

I found myself in a decent spot to stop because the heavy rain was going to be bad in traffic.

Turns out I stopped right where the core of the storm was going to pass.

The core of the storm had a slight rotation, and while this wasn't a funnel cloud, it still had some swirl to it.

As that passed over I wish I would've taken some video, it was intense! The winds were strong enough to rip small twigs and leaves from trees and shake the car. Wasn't expecting all that from this storm, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Hopefully the next few days won't get too rough.

That first picture looks like a derecho. I've been in the path of one in an open field. It was not pretty...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Last tuesday or monday I think it was, there was a red cloud in the sky. I thought that the weather was drunk xD

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Send that rain my way it was 113° here today. 117° for the next two days.

www.weather.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks to all for all the information and posts. Apologies for not getting back to this sooner! It's been a hectic week or so! Any updates on more recent weird weather?

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I'm right on the edge of one of those red areas, but the local forecast calls for some mild wind and scattered thunderstorms. Your forecast might be slightly exaggerated. Just a little.

Not with thunder that shakes the windows, it isn't! I can see the accuracy by stepping outside. Going to try for some more pics, which I will post if the weird color of the clouds shows in them. A little video clip with clouds and thunder in the background, too, I will try and link in.

The green cast in the sky is from the height of the cloud and the position of the sun.
A thunderhead that is taller than the surrounding cloud cover is illuminated from the side by the sun. A high angle sun is yellow and will turn the primarily blue diffracted light within the storm yellow/green and a sun that is low on the horizon has red/orange light that will turn the light within the storm a darker shade of green.

The key is that surrounding clouds may be a few miles up but big cells will create columns of clouds that reach more than ten miles sometimes. The sun illuminates the entire cell from the side while the lower clouds all shade each other.

You seem to have some detailed knowledge on this topic. Appreciate the input! In any case, though, I have seen lower clouds like these before, at sunset, and never that green. Guess it's just not that common. Definitely freaked the kids out, in any case! This week, though, wish we had more storms. WAY too hot! Stormy now, actually, but still in the 90's, and was triple digits earlier. That, though, isn't uncommon for here.

So, as one that knows a bit more about weather, what have you noticed in the way of unusual patterns lately?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is odd...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join