It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind altering sweeties for the children!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
Sorry, but where is the mind altering drug in the label?
I just see a bunch of ingredients I don't feel like looking it up because I'm a pansy shart-gargling mustache rider.

I think the affect it describes is from the sugar content.
An increase in hyperness and a reduction in wanting to pay attention.

Can you read? How did you make it on this site?

The asterisks* are clearly next to all of the dye ingredients, not sugar. The explanation for the asterisks is specifically referring to these dye ingredients, it has nothing to do with sugar.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
At least they're admitting excessive sugary candies can have effects on young developing minds - that's a step in the right direction....a shame it's not common knowledge to some parents.

I've seen kids so hyped on sugar it's indescribable!

A sweet treat is nice now and again, and since I have mild hypoglycemia, I'm somewhat sugar dependant on occassion....I'm wondering if this brand of sweet is for kids with similar conditions.

Brain chemistry is so varied, and individual metabolisms vary - so it's important parents know when a sugary treat might be intended for special cases such as low blood sugar....and not to give it to an already hyperactive child.

You surprise me!
The warning on the packet HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUGAR CONTENT!
The label (surprisingly) clearly points to the E numbers as the source of the mind alterations.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

I just see a bunch of ingredients I don't feel like looking it up because I'm a pansy shart-gargling mustache rider.

Can you read? How did you make it on this site?

The asterisks* are clearly next to all of the dye ingredients, not sugar. The explanation for the asterisks is specifically referring to these dye ingredients, it has nothing to do with sugar.

Just noticed your post, you beat me to it

I always make a note of such people. They are clearly intelligent, yet try to lead people away from the main issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

At least they're admitting excessive sugary candies can have effects on young developing minds - that's a step in the right direction....a shame it's not common knowledge to some parents.

A sweet treat is nice now and again, and since I have mild hypoglycemia, I'm somewhat sugar dependant on occassion....I'm wondering if this brand of sweet is for kids with similar conditions.

Brain chemistry is so varied, and individual metabolisms vary - so it's important parents know when a sugary treat might be intended for special cases such as low blood sugar....and not to give it to an already hyperactive child.

You surprise me!
The label (surprisingly) clearly points to the E numbers as the source of the mind alterations.

Haha, looks like we have another illiterate genius* on our hands.

*Genius in this sentence may or may not actually mean imbecile...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by VoidHawk

You surprise me!

Haha, looks like we have another illiterate genius* on our hands.

*Genius in this sentence may or may not actually mean imbecile...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thats about the ammount of sugar in it. Sugar rushes will make a child not pay attention, and run around alot, then they sleep.

No mind chems. are being fed to the children. I can immagine they would put that on there for all the 14 year olds having babies these days.

I can hear them say " Mom, I just fed my baby 30 jelly beans', and now its running around, is my baby broken?"

LOL. Thats why they did that.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oops I didnt even see that! Wow, so those dyes can do that? That is just weird. Im wondering now, what sort of weirdo things happen! I thought it was for the surgar. No jellys for my kid!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes, of course, its the red bean or the blue bean.
Getting them all trained early I see.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

That's funny to me because here in the US, ever since my wife did some studies abroad in Scotland at University of St Andrews about 20yrs ago, whenever she sees Irn Bru here at specialty shops here in the US, she just has to get a few cans. I guess it is the combination of the novelty of having something from somewhere else and some nostalgia that gets her every time.

edit on 28-6-2013 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
Oops I didnt even see that! Wow, so those dyes can do that? That is just weird. Im wondering now, what sort of weirdo things happen! I thought it was for the surgar. No jellys for my kid!

I'm glad you spotted it

Reading through the thread it becomes clear how brainwashed we all are, we jump straight to the conclusion that its the sugar, even though its there, written in black and white.

There was a program shown on british tv a few months back. It was an experiment. They had a garden party for a group of children, and provided all the usual party food.
Towards the end of the program they asked the parents whether the children seemed hyped up. Of course the parents said yes.
Then they announced that none of the food contained additives and therefore this was proof that additives are not the cause of hyped up children and therefore additives are harmless!

Can you see the problems with the experiment?

1. They didn't use the additives, so they were NOT tested.
2. There was no control group.
3. Children always get hyper at parties.

Sadly programs like that are presented to parents as science!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I just see a bunch of ingredients I don't feel like looking up.

Attention and activity are areas the mind/brain control. So yes it is mind altering. It's plain as day. Do they really need to put "mind altering" on the label for you to understand it?

Gs

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

See the sku number at the bottom??? If a product does not start with a zero(0) I do not purchase...here in the USA we even have had problems with pet foods from other countries especially china...If it starts with a 0 its made in the USA...That aint saying much but it seems to be safer than other places...

edit on (6/28/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
SUGAR IS A DRUG. Well sugar is its street name. Fructose is a drug just like coc aine or amphetamine. The side effects are a bit more mild, but its still a stimulate drug. Its sweetness just happens to be one of its properties. The only reason that we don't think of sugar in this way is because of a social acceptance and its every day use. A very large portion of our population are addicted to it and a lot of them are kids.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop
reply to post by intrptr

Yes, of course, its the red bean or the blue bean.
Getting them all trained early I see.

I think you got something there. Little colored pills for the kiddies. Later when Big Pharmacy sells them "adult candy" it will go down easier.

I wouldn't be surprised if jelly beans were invented by them in the first place. Or a hundred other varieties of little brightly colored candy "pills".

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is the first time i have ever seen the manufacture point out exactly which chemicals have a mind altering effect on behavior and attention,this is crazy.

it must be so they cant be sued if they warn people.

obviously some people here are feeling the effects of ADHD by saying its only the sugar, no the manufacturer themselves is saying its not just that but the chemicals highlighted by the Astrix.

No wonder kids these days are Nucking Futs.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
thats nothing

may mate came back from the states with a pack of chewing gum labeled "causes cancer"

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by VoidHawk

See the sku number at the bottom??? If a product does not start with a zero(0) I do not purchase...here in the USA we even have had problems with pet foods from other countries especially china...If it starts with a 0 its made in the USA...That aint saying much but it seems to be safer than other places...

edit on (6/28/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

I didn't know that, thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thenaturalist
This is the first time i have ever seen the manufacture point out exactly which chemicals have a mind altering effect on behavior and attention,this is crazy.

it must be so they cant be sued if they warn people.
I think you hit the nail on the head

Originally posted by thenaturalist
obviously some people here are feeling the effects of ADHD by saying its only the sugar, no the manufacturer themselves is saying its not just that but the chemicals highlighted by the Astrix.

No wonder kids these days are Nucking Futs.

I think you hit the nail on the head

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
thats nothing

may mate came back from the states with a pack of chewing gum labeled "causes cancer"

Was he eating it?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What blows my mind is these are ONLY colorings - Why isn't there natural colors that are safe with no harsh chemicals?

What safer colors are other countries using?
edit on 29-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join