It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind altering sweeties for the children!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
While walking home a few nights ago a young mother was pushing a buggy a few yards ahead of me. The child in the buggy held his/her hand up and passed an empty box to the mother. The mother took the box and threw it down on the pavement.
I’m not a litter Nazi but this was hardly setting a good example for the child so I picked up the box with the intention of giving it back to the mother.

You’ll see from my avatar I’m an organic feeder
and I take a lot of notice of the ingredients panel on food items. I was shocked when I looked at the panel on the box.

For all you doubters out there – There it is in black and white, and supplied by the manufacturers!

How many children are on mind altering drugs for precisely those symptoms?
You cant help but wonder whether big pharma is behind these companies. They feed them the sweets, wait for the symptoms, and then offer/force the medication.

ETA: This was added AFTER some of the replies below.
E129 – allura red. E129 is a red or orange like synthetic dye which is used as a food colouring in drinks and sweets. As well as being linked to hyperactive behaviour in children, it may also cause allergic skin reactions in adults, especially anyone sensitive to aspirin. It’s worth noting that E129 has already been banned in many countries, including France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Norway and Sweden.

E133 – Brilliant blue FCF. E133 is another synthetic colouring dye, which adds a blue colour to some products. Some people have been found to experience allergic reactions after consuming products containing E133 and this E number is already banned in Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Germany and Norway.

E110 Sunset Yellow side effects
A synthetic coal tar and azo dye used in fermented foods that need heat treatment.
This FD&C Yellow No. 6 has been known to cause side effects such as a runny nose, nasal congestion, hives, allergies, kidney tumors, chromosomal damage, hyperactivity, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, indigestion and a lott of appetite or taste for food.
E110 Sunset Yellow is banned in Norway. Other dangers of E110 Sunset Yellow are vomiting and severe weight loss.

Source

edit on 27-6-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Sorry, but where is the mind altering drug in the label?
I just see a bunch of ingredients I don't feel like looking up.

I think the affect it describes is from the sugar content.
An increase in hyperness and a reduction in wanting to pay attention.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
Sorry, but where is the mind altering drug in the label?
I just see a bunch of ingredients I don't feel like looking up.

I think the affect it describes is from the sugar content.
An increase in hyperness and a reduction in wanting to pay attention.

So why isn't it written on a bag of sugar!
Just keep taking the chemicals and you'll be just fine.

And try looking a little harder at the label.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Sorry. I think they are referring to the huge sugar rush kids get from these types of candy, Your first ingredient is.. sugar. Good eye though,

S&F for the catch.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

link   
Well I will say this the .com portion of the website states that it is just registered while there is one that is .co.uk that is undergoing maintenance so sadly I was unable to delve further into it. Hopefully someone else will be able to find more about this company perhaps and past products.

link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Umm, cause as far as I know, most kids don't eat sugar right out of the bag?
edit on 27-6-2013 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee

Sorry. I think they are referring to the huge sugar rush kids get from these types of candy, Your first ingredient is.. sugar. Good eye though,

S&F for the catch.

Look for the asterisk, it points to the E numbers - Chemicals.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If anyone needs any help figuring out what exactly the E( insert number is ) this site seems to be quite helpful. Especially in showing what else has that type ingredient in it.

www.whatsinthisstuff.com...

[Edit]
Both with the asterisks can be found in ice creams it seems...
edit on 27-6-2013 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Interesting warning label.

At first I though, well yah, refined sugar and kids... bouncing off the walls. But then I saw the asterisk was associated with the (dyes) they use to color the "beans". "Attention" of your kids will be affected?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Those *E numbers are codes for artificial colors, not psychotropic mind altering drugs. That is not to say though that they may or may not have an effect on health.

Here is a link to a list of artificial color codes and some other stuff.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Learn to read what your looking at.

A synthetic coal tar and azo dye used in fermented foods that need heat treatment.
This FD&C Yellow No. 6 has been known to cause side effects such as a runny nose, nasal congestion, hives, allergies, kidney tumors, chromosomal damage, hyperactivity, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, indigestion and a lott of appetite or taste for food.
E110 Sunset Yellow is banned in Norway. Other dangers of E110 Sunset Yellow are vomiting and severe weight loss.

Source
That was simply the first E number I looked at.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
E110 may refer to:
Sunset Yellow FCF, a food colourant

en.wikipedia.org...

The next time you are tempted to pop a candy cane in your mouth, think again. Red No.40 is the most commonly used artificial red food coloring used in the US today and is banned in many other countries.

www.befoodsmart.com...

E129 is interesting as it is banned in 9 countries. Couldn't find anything interesting on E110 though.
Red No.40 is E129 btw.

Ahh ok I see you found something on E110

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think I see where your going with this. I wouldn't go as far as to saying there putting drugs into the candies though. Or everything from candy to soda for that matter. Something artificial and not healthy. Not drugs though.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Learn to read what your looking at.

Source
That was simply the first E number I looked at.

Perhaps you should of included that in your OP and explained a little more as apposed to making the claim that they put mind altering drug in our kids treats and leave us all to look up a bunch of numbers and symptoms.

Also, the only thing mind altering in that quote is "hyperactivity". I'd be far more worried about the other crap.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Those *E numbers are codes for artificial colors, not psychotropic mind altering drugs. That is not to say though that they may or may not have an effect on health.

Here is a link to a list of artificial color codes and some other stuff.

And this?

E129 – allura red. E129 is a red or orange like synthetic dye which is used as a food colouring in drinks and sweets. As well as being linked to hyperactive behaviour in children, it may also cause allergic skin reactions in adults, especially anyone sensitive to aspirin. It’s worth noting that E129 has already been banned in many countries, including France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Norway and Sweden.

Source

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Everything you put into your body will have an effect on you. Be it organic or artificial. Or the effect positive or negative. Mind altering drugs is stressing it imo. Everyone is entitled to their own thought though.

At least they had the respect to put it on the box. First time I seen that on a box of candy.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Perhaps you should of included that in your OP and explained a little more as apposed to making the claim that they put mind altering drug in our kids treats and leave us all to look up a bunch of numbers and symptoms.

Where did I say they put mind altering DRUGS in the sweets? I was referring to chemicals, though I agree there's not much difference.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

WTB Facepalm emoticon.

I read bottom half of your OP wrong. You said how many kids are on mind altering drugs for acting this way.
Ha....

My apologies Voidhawk

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee

At least they had the respect to put it on the box. First time I seen that on a box of candy.

You know, I actually considered that point before I posted, but then, it's an admission they know, and they STILL sell it to the children.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

So I get that you never returned the box mother ? If it was a literary plot introduction you failed to close it, noticing also that as presented it serves only to paint you as a good doer (not a NAZI) even an environmentalist and nothing more, well besides putting down persons that litter and covertly single moms... It may haven't been your intention but that was what a read. Lets not forget the "save the little children..."

You should have presented the real data and your conclusions, but you did do that and have gone in an hyperbole

How many children are on mind altering drugs for precisely those symptoms?

Well, stop giving sugar to kids and they will slow down, its not that many have space and security to play around...

As for mind altering drugs you should consider stopping breathing, oxygen may be having too much of an effect on you.

The E additives are perfectly known and listed if one does concern himself with them there are published lists, most of them are very common things and only a fraction have some shady background (not conclusive), as a rule prefers natural and avoid any addictive as they are not "real" food (they serve to preserve and improve processed food).

Sorry but I had my fill of this type of empty dressed up threads.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join