It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy of the State (1998)- Who said Hollywood isn't Programming the Masses?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just remember folks, the internet was birthed where?

Ok so how hard would it be to believe that EVERY INTERNET SIGNAL PASSES THROUGH..... you guessed it, THE NEW NSA BUILDING IN FORT MEADE MARYLAND

Proving me wrong will only make me happy

The internet had 30 or so years before it was public, that's about enough time to make sure you have some sort of net patrolling it and using filters and flags. I've known ( common knowledge ) about the AT&T NSA flagging operation since 2006 when you were able to read a certain line of DOS in your Tranceip and see if you were being rerouted through a certain room in SanFransisco, CA, if that wasn't odd already.

They watch now and laugh basically, since it will take an act they have yet prepared for and when you have access to the world's minds, you prepared for a lot.

So, stop using the internet for anything you value dear and private.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: to give NSA the finger and thumbs up Snowden's reddit account imaginarily.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
When looking at your examples its compelling but to think this is happening is to also assume our government knows enough about psychology. Looking at recent actions by them I see no evidence of this; how they are dealing with the Snowden thing as one example.

Even if they wanted to do this it would require mass cooperation by not only government but those within the movie industry and all the people they confide in. That many people keeping quiet over the last 50 years.... I don't see that as plausible.

More likely - creative minds using present circumstances to predict the future. I think even the folks on ATS do this. Requires being willing to go the extra mile with imagination yet keep in within the context of our frame of reference.

They are for sure Manipulating the media to manipulate us.

I also believe there is something to collective consciousness coupled with some precog stuff. I've gotten up to answer the phone time and time again a fraction of a second before it actually rings. It happens with other little things too like a car almost hitting me; I seem to know before it happens and respond. It's always just a fraction to a couple of second though so I imagine some get a sense about the future and have that gift on a larger scale - even if its just a dream about a possible further or an inspirational moment that they expand upon.

Will look at moves a bit differently after your post though. Was for sure intrigued by the matrix. Sometimes it makes you wonder.

You make some great points. I would disagree however when you say that that the 'government' does not know what it is doing. You've got to realise that the 'government' is not really in control, it is for the most part, a charade, an illusion that democracy exists.

At this years Bilderberg meeting, both key figures from the political parties in Britain attended. They are dictated to by a higher power, and the 'debates' you see in congress and parliaments are really just to entertain the idea that political parties that the people vote for are making decisions etc.

How could anyone watch this and think these folks are making decisions? In many ways, they are for entertainment. Front men, professional liars for their controllers.

It is videos like above that make people wrongly believe 'the government' 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery' mentality.

I highly recommend researching Edward Bernays pdf, you can view many of his works, here is the opening few sentences from one of his books-

THE conscious and intelligent manipulation of the
organized habits and opinions of the masses is an
important element in democratic society. Those who
manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute
an invisible government which is the true ruling
power of our country.
We are governed, our minds are molded, our
tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men
we have never heard of.

- Edward Bernays, Propaganda, 1928

If media can control what we buy and what we think, or more specifically what we think about, even on a subconcious level, then it is perhaps fair to suggest they understand how the mind works.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by Wonderer2012

See, this is the problem I have with the whole, "Hollywood is programming us" conspiracy.

Movies about almost any subject imaginable have been coming out for many years now. Independence Day came out in 1996. Almost seventeen years ago. So where is the Alien invasion that we were "programmed" for? I could list many, many more movies and give more examples but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Well first off, no one is claiming all movies are created with the intent to deceive or manipulate you, though there are quite a few that may be. Plus the way disinfomation works is by flooding the system with real and fake things so not to know what is real and what is not. What ever the case may be, I believe people who look into conspiracy theories need to have the understanding that it just may be smarter and more complicated then they give credit for.

The Lone Gunman pilot literally outlined the 9/11 conspiracy! Coincidence? Beyond coincidence folks and you know it. Even if you don't want to believe it, it is right in front of you, not even pretending to hide.

What if i never watched it? I have honestly never even heard of that show. How does it work then?

That is a good question and glad you asked it. I've had quite a few people ask something similar, like "What if I don't watch that show / movie"? or "What if I never listen to that Artist...how does it work then"?

Well, it works at the level of mass influence and not directed at any single individual. The idea is to create a meme or a way of thinking so that it spreads like wild fire throughout our culture. Out of thousands of people who have seen and listened, many may tend to project that meme back on to others by the way they talk, dress, act, understand and believe.

For example: You personally may have never watched the hit movie where a certain phrase from it goes viral, but not too long after, that phrase starts to permeated in our culture, until one day you too are using that same line when out with your friends or around the office, because it's now a meme regardless how or where it originated from.

Now that is just a harmless way ideas/concepts get passed around, but don't you think it is possible that more nefarious ideas are also passed into our culture that slowing change the way we live and think and what we say? Not only is it possible, there's evidence all around that shows this is being done all the time for whatever the agenda may truly be.
edit on 27-6-2013 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

See, this is the problem I have with the whole, "Hollywood is programming us" conspiracy.

Movies about almost any subject imaginable have been coming out for many years now. Independence Day came out in 1996. Almost seventeen years ago. So where is the Alien invasion that we were "programmed" for? I could list many, many more movies and give more examples but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

The Lone Gunman pilot literally outlined the 9/11 conspiracy! Coincidence? Beyond coincidence folks and you know it. Even if you don't want to believe it, it is right in front of you, not even pretending to hide.

What if i never watched it? I have honestly never even heard of that show. How does it work then?

Depending on the project, the programming could take a few years to decades.

The Iraq war propaganda began in the late 90's, the war didn't start until 2003- it took almost a decade of putting it into the minds of the people before they 'went with it' and invaded Iraq.

Regarding the Lone Gunman pilot, I never saw it either. But we are two people amongst millions who DID see it. I'm pretty sure you will have watched Armageddon though, a film which references 9:11 twice deliberately and shows impacts into the WTC as we saw in the video linked through the OP. Not one piece of media implants the ideas individually, it is spread across all forms of media over years, it all pieces together to shape our reality.

Here is a trailer for a Chuck Norris film from 1986-

Here is a quote from that trailer-

"The enemy doesn't care who gets hurt, not how young, not how innocent, how helpless...It's a New Age of Terror, which requires a new breed of warrior, America's elite anti terrorist commandos committed to destroying the enemies of freedom..."

1986!! The Cold War wasn't even over and the masses were being conditioned for the 'war on terror' and the post cold war world- a world where America and allies are fighting Islamic extremists who are the 'enemies of freedom'.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hollywood is a HUGE VAST hierarchy of ever changing movers and shakers...

Perhaps you could point a finger at a few directors, or producers, and claim they
"serve the Illuminati" but to claim anything more is ridiculous.

Hollywood and the music industry are concerned with one thing....MONEY.

Whatever piques the interest of the most people is what this huge conglomeration
of writers, actors, musicians and producers will provide...supply and demand at its finest.

Nowadays when a movie is made they will test several "alternate" endings with select
movie goers to see which ending is the most widely appreciated...

Hollywood is after the biggest market and the highest profit....

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Hollywood is a HUGE VAST hierarchy of ever changing movers and shakers...

Perhaps you could point a finger at a few directors, or producers, and claim they
"serve the Illuminati" but to claim anything more is ridiculous.

Hollywood and the music industry are concerned with one thing....MONEY.

Whatever piques the interest of the most people is what this huge conglomeration
of writers, actors, musicians and producers will provide...supply and demand at its finest.

Nowadays when a movie is made they will test several "alternate" endings with select
movie goers to see which ending is the most widely appreciated...

Hollywood is after the biggest market and the highest profit....

So movie goers got really interested in Islamic Terrorists so Hollywood started making loads of movies about them in the run up to 9/11?

I'm not denying they make money, many of them worship money, but that doesn't hide the clear agenda of Hollywood.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
No-one has mentioned the movie I consider to be almost a prequel to 'Enemy of the State', a film that shows a helicopter with just about panopticon awareness, and at the end of the movie the credits go on to inform us that all this technology already exists. Probably 1988 I would guess, I'm talking of course of 'Blue Thunder'.

This movie just added to my late teen paranoia, and just a few years later, the smallish city I grew up in got its first police chopper. Commonplace now, but quite frightening at the time.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
watch some old original star trek capt kirk era and some of the story lines how did they know that ? then .

or google what did arthur know and when did he know it
. another strange man .arthur c clark

former president clinton was p off that chris carter had more access to secrets than he did allegedly .

nothing like hiding things in plain site

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Right on. What bugs me is that these theorists never give any credit to the imagination and creativity of said writer/movie maker/musician. It all must be goverment brainwashing!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by winofiend

Right on. What bugs me is that these theorists never give any credit to the imagination and creativity of said writer/movie maker/musician. It all must be goverment brainwashing!

Please go to the OP and watch the Lone Gunman pilot clip.

Then apply the logic you have just demonstrated, bearing in mind this TV show was aired in March 2001.

Or this from June 2001-

Creativity and imagination?

edit on 27-6-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yep. I always thought it fitting that they call them "TV programs". If it wasn't so creepy it'd be funny. That's exactly what they're doing. They're programming people.

In fact, I think it might be part of the reason why things seem to have kicked into high gear lately. They're afraid television might lose it's grip on the population so they're cramming as much in as they can fit. It worries me to think what they might have planned. Because everyone knows the worst thing that can happen to a control freak is for him to lose his power. I fear that they might do anything they deem necessary to prevent that.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
I have a movie scenario for the hollywoodies.

After TSHTF and the common folk win.

the next Phase:

Find the rabbit holes (dumbs deep underground bunkers/hotels) and ferret out the rabbits.

Have you read or heard of the "Deathlands" sci-fi book series by James Axler?

It's after TSHTF and the whole premise of the book series is finding the DUMBs and all the awesomeness that is in them.

There's something like 110 books in the series by now, and there was a movie made too but it was terribly done.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No doubt Hollywood is a propaganda machine, ie if you took history from US films you would get the impression that the US fought and won, in every WW2 theater of war single handily, ignoring the Eastern front, the Middle East and Africa campaigns. However you can not take a film like this and apply it retrospectively. IE if the present was different, you could say 1984 was programming, if different still you could say a brave new world was. Art imitates life, there will always be reflection in it.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So movie goers got really interested in Islamic Terrorists so Hollywood started making loads of movies about them in the run up to 9/11?

I wouldn't say loads, quite a few yes.

However, after 1979 any Hollywood movie that depicted terrorists, usually used characters of a middle eastern decent.

I cant remember of the top of my head but some conspiracy theorist/investigator made a data base of all Hollywood movies depicting terrorists and what their character nationalities were, quite eye opening from what i remember.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
watch some old original star trek capt kirk era and some of the story lines how did they know that ? then .

or google what did arthur know and when did he know it
. another strange man .arthur c clark

former president clinton was p off that chris carter had more access to secrets than he did allegedly .

nothing like hiding things in plain site

Are you referencing a specific site / page / piece of writing with the "arthur C clark" thing, or a specific event with the clinton / carter comment, because I'm curious....?

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
I cant remember of the top of my head but some conspiracy theorist/investigator made a data base of all Hollywood movies depicting terrorists and what their character nationalities were, quite eye opening from what i remember.

If you happen to find this again, or remember where it was, I'd be interested in taking a look....

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Update: Okay, I did manage to find one page referencing that quote. Not sure if this is what you were talking about... but quite interesting, either way....

Moon With a View

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone

TY- I will read 'Deathlands' a star for thou.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm a little late to the party but better late than never. I just watched this movie for the first time yesterday and looking back it appears to be full of all sorts of clues. The one that truly stood out is Jon Voight, who plays the Director of NSA, has a date of birth as 9/11 (9/11/40 to be exact). That seriously sent a chill thru my body when I came to that part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join