It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy of the State (1998)- Who said Hollywood isn't Programming the Masses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This isn't a 'conspiracy'. Hollywood has for a long time, perhaps even since its inception, been a tool to program the minds of the masses to accept the reality of what is to come. A future molded by TPTB and accepted collectively by humanity.

Here is an excellent video highlighting key scenes from the movie 'Enemy of the State'. This film is from 1998 yet reveals pretty much everything Eric Snowden has revealed recently-

The film is essentially about how the NSA is hooked into everything, monitoring everything in a surveillance state.

The following thread does a great job of questioning the recent Eric Snowden whistleblower story-

Enough of the Drama, let's get real here...

Really think about the world and reality folks. Snowden has revealed what Hollywood was telling us in 1998. Pretty much any conspiracy theorist has surely been aware of the surveillance taking place?

That image is the official logo of the Information Awareness Office, officially closed down but clearly still operating in another form.

We are being played folks, mankind is being taken down a path by highly intellectual elites who seek to control us, and they have an incredible understanding of how the human mind works and how it can be manipulated on a collective level. We are programmed. Through music, TV shows, films, video games, the news channels, we are fed ideas and imagery and symbolism that is literally programming us to accept their future.

What we are seeing now is the preparation of 'revolution', the reason there are so many threads about this subject is because it has been forced into our subconscious, just look at the TV shows out there now, one is even literally called 'Revolution'-

Music-

You think it is all just harmless entertainment? No, it is piece by piece through all forms of media creating a future reality as we are programmed to accept their version of events to come.

Remember 9/11, this was shown months before 9/11 took place-

The Lone Gunman pilot literally outlined the 9/11 conspiracy! Coincidence? Beyond coincidence folks and you know it. Even if you don't want to believe it, it is right in front of you, not even pretending to hide.

Armageddon, 1998. On the day of 9/11, people are referencing life imitating art, but isn't it more likely all the 9/11 references in Hollywood and in TV shows were just part of the programming?

Never forget that our collective mindset is being manipulated by TPTB, keep this in mind as the MSM goes into a frenzy over Eric Snowden, it is just another piece of the jigsaw in pushing America into revolution.

Don't play their game.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
GOD Bless America..

GOD bless Snowden too

edit on 27-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

In the movie Enemy of the State, Gene Hackman reprises his role from an earlier one (1974) by Francis Ford Coppola, "The Conversation".

Interesting parallels... Remember, this was 1974:

ETA: People become the enemy of the state once the state is no longer in the hands of the people

edit on 27-6-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

In a similar regard, the show Continuum is a straight up mega corporate, nwo type, propaganda piece. In this story, If one is against the "corporate congress", then one is shown to be a filthy criminal with every badly conceived stereotype one can imagine. I thought the show was going to be cool until I watched 15 minutes of it and just shut it off.

edit on 27-6-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hollywood has always been the script writers for the New World Order, just as Revelations of the bible and every other fantasy Writer..through our intellectual property we inspire the "Power Dreamers"

without us their imaginations have no future

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
When looking at your examples its compelling but to think this is happening is to also assume our government knows enough about psychology. Looking at recent actions by them I see no evidence of this; how they are dealing with the Snowden thing as one example.

Even if they wanted to do this it would require mass cooperation by not only government but those within the movie industry and all the people they confide in. That many people keeping quiet over the last 50 years.... I don't see that as plausible.

More likely - creative minds using present circumstances to predict the future. I think even the folks on ATS do this. Requires being willing to go the extra mile with imagination yet keep in within the context of our frame of reference.

They are for sure Manipulating the media to manipulate us.

I also believe there is something to collective consciousness coupled with some precog stuff. I've gotten up to answer the phone time and time again a fraction of a second before it actually rings. It happens with other little things too like a car almost hitting me; I seem to know before it happens and respond. It's always just a fraction to a couple of second though so I imagine some get a sense about the future and have that gift on a larger scale - even if its just a dream about a possible further or an inspirational moment that they expand upon.

Will look at moves a bit differently after your post though. Was for sure intrigued by the matrix. Sometimes it makes you wonder.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
This isn't a 'conspiracy'. Hollywood has for a long time, perhaps even since its inception, been a tool to program the minds of the masses to accept the reality of what is to come.

I think hollywood has based it's movies on the imagination of people. Like, someone has an idea, spins it to a producer, and they go make it. People them pay to watch it.

And the cycle repeats.

I really really doubt it has anything to do with programming the minds of people to accept things. In fact, that's stupid.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Greetings!

So let me get this straight.

A movie that paints government surveillance in a bad light, is somehow programming people to believe what?

That it's good?

lol

Using this logic zombie movies must be programming people to think zombies are nice, cuddly creatures that are merely misunderstood.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Nice thread. You may also like some of the work of Jake Kotze, and Steve Willner, as they have been discussing "synchromysticism" for a long time.

The "program"ming of those that choose to see this as pure entertainment is who it is meant for. Many choose to ignore subliminal messages, nuero-linguistic programming, and all of the other aspects that today seem to be desensitizing, and forming a kind of mindless society that is in fact going quite well.

S&F, NRE.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
I thought the show was going to be cool until I watched 15 minutes of it and just shut it off.

You've never given the show/story a chance to arc then and are basing your conclusions off an assumption.

Letting your emotions guide your thought to stop watching it based purely on the one sided view it seemed to portray, interesting, while it is based on the opposite, it has just started out that way to paint the future the way it COULD be.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I think there is a reason why movies like this get made, so that when conspiracy theorists start talking about what the Government is up to, the masses will never believe it, because it seems like the plot to a movie they saw. When crazy people come up with paranoid scenarios, it's often based on the plot of some popular movie. The crazy person starts looking for "messages" in the movies, as though the movies are speaking to them.

So the conspirators do things like this just to f&*# with you. They want to send people over the edge. And no, it doesn't take too much trouble to put something like that in a film. One call from a studio head would do it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

See, this is the problem I have with the whole, "Hollywood is programming us" conspiracy.

Movies about almost any subject imaginable have been coming out for many years now. Independence Day came out in 1996. Almost seventeen years ago. So where is the Alien invasion that we were "programmed" for? I could list many, many more movies and give more examples but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

The Lone Gunman pilot literally outlined the 9/11 conspiracy! Coincidence? Beyond coincidence folks and you know it. Even if you don't want to believe it, it is right in front of you, not even pretending to hide.

What if i never watched it? I have honestly never even heard of that show. How does it work then?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have a movie scenario for the hollywoodies.

After TSHTF and the common folk win.

the next Phase:

Find the rabbit holes (dumbs deep underground bunkers/hotels) and ferret out the rabbits.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Didn't all the old mages use wooded wands of holly?

It is part of TPTB ritual to show us not only what they plan to inflict by their own will upon us beforehand, but they also often unveil to humanity a distorted 'mythical' revelation of the mysteries recorded and preserved throughout the ages---for much of true earth history has been hidden from the masses.

So many secrets still, although we are seeing increased 'unveiling' taking place, along with a heightening of deceptions foisted according to the aims of these 'elite' serving their master of cunning. And many are destined to go with his 'program', spellbound in an overcoming of mind, body and soul void of the Truth for their means of Salvation.

edit on 27-6-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Maybe just maybe it's the other way around. 90% of the human population watches TV of some sort. Maybe these plots are being pulled from the movies without any involvement from Hollywood itself. I know there is a certain agenda by some directors and producers but I don't buy that Hollywood in general is working with the gov't.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Programs many

Discloses itself to some that have eyes.

Key to beating serpents is you have to be more gentle than a dove and wiser than a serpent. Serpents can trick serpents.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Only one thought here:

Remember the TV show Buck Rogers ??? Remember what he was flying in space ?? Now fast forward a few decades and take a look at the smace shuttle. IMHO....This has to be programming iof the minds to accept the future as TPTB want it to unfold.

Buck Rogers:

Space shuttle:

edit on 27-6-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just a few quotes that pertain to the discussion.

“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”
― Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

programmed to accept their version of events to come.

Or programmed to create their version of event they have planned.

2 or more factions battling each other to see which group can manipulate the masses more and steer them in the direction they want society to go.

Even before "Enemy of the state" a number of movies point to this kind of surveillance, Sandra Bullocks "the Net" is one that comes to mind.

It could be art imitating life as you say or the other way round life imitating art, much of science fiction comes to mind.

Hand held devices to communicate and use as a recording device and personal library were thought of many years back and used in fictional stories only to have such devices today.

And to answer your question in the title, many people do.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Information can be used in endless ways to guide peoples beliefs. If comprehensive surveillance methods become somewhat apparent to the public, they can then reference Enemy of the state and other fiction - a comprehensive, but concise precedent has been set and they may have all ready begun a sub-conscious acceptance of this truth.

I'd also put forward the idea that most people would consider the bad guys as potentially realistic in their operations and threat, while the good guys overcoming almost insurmountable odds by beating them, would be unlikely and quite probably considered the defining element of the fiction - the aspect that makes it preferable to real-life.

All lies are a reaction to truth and can be used to deduce some elements of truth; if you know someone to be a liar look at the specific elements of their lies.

This entire reality being an illusion, is no more far-fetched than this entire reality actually being a reality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join