It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you deal with blackflies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Peppermint Oil usually doest the trick pretty good, works on mosquitos and ticks too. Usually I just use the deep-woods deet stuff

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Some people have success with skin so soft, you might also try telesis equiderma which has neem oil in it and works for some folks. I have had good luck with Flick's Horse spray, which is a bit strong for some people but works pretty well. When we had horses I found a lot of horse care products worked fine on ME.

Just don't get Flicks on your hands and then rub your eyes.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
an effective way to apply aerosol deet products is to spray some into the air and then walk into the mist. remember to close your eyes.
you can get complete coverage with a lot less product on you skin.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I have had good luck with Flick's Horse spray, which is a bit strong for some people but works pretty well. When we had horses I found a lot of horse care products worked fine on ME.

That's potent stuff man...

Mane & Tail shampoo is awesome on humans...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I sometimes use a hat like this.

It also provides a constant supply of protein in the woods. You just open your mouth and stick your tongue out and about every 5 seconds you have a meal fall on your tongue. And it saves a tremendous amount of time when used in a survival situation because it allows you to spend more time on shelter or fire.
edit on 27-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies guys and gals.
The last time i went where i am going this weekend with my buddy,we were there 20 minutes and the dog got stung so bad that we had to get out of there for his sake.
His face swelled up so bad his eye closed.
We will be bringing the Benedryl this time around.

Hopefully,it will be a good trip and i am sure the girls will be thankful you peeps have passed on some good info.

Thanks again guys.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Bedlam

I have had good luck with Flick's Horse spray, which is a bit strong for some people but works pretty well. When we had horses I found a lot of horse care products worked fine on ME.

That's potent stuff man...

Mane & Tail shampoo is awesome on humans...

Flick's isn't the sort of thing you want to spritz in your face, but it does keep the bugs off.

equiderma fly spray kicks ass, though. Behold! OFF ain't in it with TE fly spray. It has aloe too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join