It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Issue of Misandry – 21st Century Social Conspiracy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Umm, i dont need your permission or guidance... thanks? I was more angry that he attacked me out of nowhere over a topic i didnt even raise, i think everyone would be a little irate about that.

I was not doing any of those, like I said people do what they will do. I am quite aware that you do not need my permission or guidance, I was merely retelling a story.

I dont know maybe I missed it or its a matter of perspective but I do not think he was attacking you. You just choose to pick a fight over something which he probably has no clue about.

And for the last time, i am not a feminist

Yes you are. But I suppose further classification on that could be stated and expanded on what feminisem is for you. Or not! I would go with not. The whole thing is really irritating, and kind of pointless. Lets go with humanism and leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

One of the best threads I have read on ATS. I couldn't agree more and I am going to struggle to add more to the conversation when I decide what exactly it is I wan't to convey that progresses the thread in a positive fashion. Thanks for this tenth!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Quite interestng and accurate observations -
divorce laws in western countries are definetly biased in womens favor ( from experience 3 of my 13 ex wives were american and in two of the divorces got royally ****** by the system there .. )

cant say on television and movies or advertising as havent watched television since 80 .. nearly as long since watched a movie ..

not surprised in the least with how the feminest movement has been over there that things are now stacked greatly in womens favour ...

maybe - ( extremely long shot ) people will realise all are equal and end the idiocy that leads only to further disparity and discrimination between genders .. ( among other problems created by political correctness over there .. )

Dam dude you need to slow down on all the wife's there were-ever and whoever you are.
Who the hell in there normal mind would even want to have 13 wife's? Even if you could afford it. Its a totally crazy, and bat # idea, b unless you got a whole species of different women there then I have ever meet in my entire life. I suppose to each there own.

Ok never mind I read on, but still....Ah whatever, the whole thing is a waste of energy. people do what people do, its practically fate they way they lock themselves in certain wavelengths and the same pattern just repeats and repeats and repeats and repeats and repeats.
edit on 28-6-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

Your wife lets you handle the finances because you are better than money than she is

no .. she's an expert at money more so than perhaps I am and has 12 years under her belt as a payroll admin.. I used money only as an example. there are many others.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by ThreeBears

And there it is.

Call those who want to discuss the topic Misogynists. I'm not saying you called me that specifically, but that is the common practice. Hell I don't even consider myself an MRA and I get this stuff.

~Tenth

This post seems a little dirty, what's the point? Either this person called you a Misogynist, or you are lumping this person in with others simply because it is a 'common practice'.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
One of the best topics I have seen on ATS lately spying aside, Most media now is strangely afflicted including advertising but sitcoms for me have in the main become unwatchable as they seem to follow the same formula:

The Males in sitcoms have to practically beg for sex from the wife or girlfriend, He then has to abide by a series of rules or tasks usually involving gaining something of material value or attending a social function he initially declined or Righting a perceived wrong or all of the above, when the criteria are met then he can have sex that night/weekend whatever.

I have seen the above roles repeated over and over again there are many double standards at play in these programs, Ironically they only serve to move me to seek alternative things to do with my time like learning computer programming fixing my car myself or just tinkering around and other so called "Manly" activities.

I have lost count this month alone the number of nights I have turned the satellite box off and booted up the PC instead and get my fill of reading because of this televised drivel so whomever is in charge of this agenda it's not working (or maybe it is) I'm not sure.

I know one thing for sure more and more of my Male pals are single and staying so it seems rather than run the gauntlet off b.s men have to endure these days when trying to have a relationship, too much uncertainty on many levels in my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Anyone care to point to a time when television wasn't sexist and racist? The people complaining are finally getting on board with the concerns that have been plaguing others since televisions inception.

Television doesn't like women.
Television doesn't like men.
Television doesn't like blacks.
Television doesn't like whites.

Each of these groups are targeted. That targeting isn't eliminated just because the way they are targeted differs from program to program. Some shows seems to promote women. Some seem to promote men. Some promote whites, some blacks. However, if television really liked one of these groups, there wouldn't be a targeting of them at all. Is it misandry, or is this supposed singling out of men endemic of a larger problem?

By the way, you know what television likes?

Sex.

Television LOVES heterosexual sex.
Television LOVES homosexual sex.
Television LOVES rape and molestation.

Sex is never demonized on television unless that demonization is used to showcase the act itself.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I was thinking about this thread this morning...and wondering if the real issue, given that the entertainment industry is still pretty much male dominated, whether what we are seeing is an in-house problem. That is, men hating on other men.

Three Bears has offered some fascinating statistics and links, especially with regard to the whole 'hazing' thing and I remember a conversation that I had with another member on here a few years ago on that subject. One of his 'friends' had been held down by two other guys and sodomised with a shampoo bottle...as a joke! Of course the boy in question laughed it off, what else under such circumstances could he do? As I pointed out, it is still, especially on a psychological level, rape, even if he, at the time, made no big deal about it.

The whole hazing thing seems to attempt to create a positive out of a negative, it is bullying, but it because it builds conformity and social bonds, it is seen as a necessity. There must be fall out, especially with those who only go along with it to survive in that environment. Perhaps Family Guy and other shows, that ridicule some male archetypes is a backlash to that.

Just a thought.

I was looking at a list of the top ranking shows in the States, and there did not seem to be any discernible pattern to the type of programming that you refer to, if anything, there is a greater trend towards promoting women as 'dumb' and obsessed with shoes/appearance, which I find kind of offensive. The most popular shows though seem to promote a more egalitarian perspective, of both men and women being judged meritocratically (although they do all seem to have to be beautiful too :lol

As far as the more social media side of it is concerned, I feel that plays more into 'expected' behaviour. The whole women are from Venus, men are from Mars popular perception seems to be asserted through the slagging off of the opposite, and can be largely considered reactionary to the way in which women are popularly objectified in the media. No excuse for it, but I believe it is a seperate problems, rather than part of the whole that you are putting forward in your OP. I can't count how many times I have seen the phrase on this site alone, 'go make me a sandwich', or variations there of, for example. We notice what seems most critical to us personally I suppose. I wonder if that is what you are doing.

In terms of the legal side of things, that is something that has to be fought for, and seems to tie into traditional outmoded belief systems. Here in the UK, it has taken time, but the balance has started to be redressed, only with determination of those involved, and as importantly, just as with the women's movement before it, by those who look not just to their own circumstances, but to those that come after them. A path becomes easy only after many have travelled along it and made it so. It may be worth looking at the way in which judges are appointed, much of the progress made in the UK is down to judges representing a wider cross-section of society, rather than, as they were for a long time, aged white, ex public school boys who's own experience of parenting was when the Nanny brought them down after dinner to say hello to the strangers who had borne and sired them

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Women on a tv show having enormous fun discussing a man who had his penis chopped off

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

Women on a tv show having enormous fun discussing a man who had his penis chopped off

That is bang out of order, and what I found interesting, is how the woman on the far left was the one to actually make the apology when she clearly, during the initial discussion, didn't approve of or join in with the piss-taking.

Seems to me, that there was only one grown up at the table there...and funnily enough, isn't that the actress from King of Queens?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
Anyone care to point to a time when television wasn't sexist and racist? The people complaining are finally getting on board with the concerns that have been plaguing others since televisions inception.

Each of these groups are targeted. That targeting isn't eliminated just because the way they are targeted differs from program to program. Some shows seems to promote women. Some seem to promote men. Some promote whites, some blacks. However, if television really liked one of these groups, there wouldn't be a targeting of them at all. Is it misandry, or is this supposed singling out of men endemic of a larger problem?

Sex.

Sex is never demonized on television unless that demonization is used to showcase the act itself.

You forgot that televisions LOVES death and destruction. Oh and MURDER.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Sex.

You forgot that televisions LOVES death and destruction. Oh and MURDER.

Oh yeah, TV has a huge love for death and destruction. Violence is almost as universal as Sex. Good call.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by ThreeBears

And there it is.

Call those who want to discuss the topic Misogynists. I'm not saying you called me that specifically, but that is the common practice. Hell I don't even consider myself an MRA and I get this stuff.

~Tenth

As a Male and a Self Confessed M.R.A. Myself I understand what Men in general go through We go through what amounts to Living HELL Misandry Is Even in the Medical industry We get # on medically

This is What is wrong with the world:

The Misandry Bubble by the Futurist
edit on 1/7/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I did not think i would read this post, but it was very interesting

My thoughts: (excuse the stereotypes there are always exceptions, this is not a personal gender attack)

Yes men are discriminated against, but many of these minor things are born from the 'men are tough then can take it'

even basic examples like sitting having a drink with your friends, you can spend the entire night insulting and generally being insulted, however coming from your friends these are not really insults but a sort of ritual abuse that breeds rapid come backs and a comedic barrier towards most insults.

not being sexist (atleast trying not to be) but women have yet to really shape the way they should be: they have had to change to different roles far more regularly than men

for example: men have for the most part been the worker provider, the strong one

women have over the years gone from, carer, child raising, the worker, the supporter, the pay underdog to try and fill in as much of the traditionally male role to make their way

it is no surprise that women are a mix of values from 'i dont need your help' to 'what a rude man he didnt hold the door open for me'

it is like the colour chart, men see the 3 or four colours women see all the hundred different colours in between like plum etc

there are too many roles for them to pick one and stick to it, from warrior princes to fairy godmother

culturally:
i would say it is not the lack of Male role models it is the total lack of Female role models that realistically fit in to a modern Womans schedule (men have it easy but they get the short end of the stick)

the problem with the modern female role model is because of the culture of change, one minute it is A. next week it is B. then next year it is C. it is the changing women in men's lives that lead to upheaval rather than men changing or being torn from stereotypes

what i am trying to say in short is that... men can be men they will find men with similar interests if you are into hunting bears or into cars, you will generally find a hobby buddy to chat about.

women being women find more interest from other peoples business which leads to rapid change and interest changing, there are no interesting hobbies which are fully mainstream for girls leading to a real lack of hobbies or time vampires which men can generally lose themselves in, games, sports etc girls like that my little pony birthday present they now have trash tv or glossy mags or Hollywood bias. their whole upbringing is a contradiction, be strong, be soft, be hard, cry, love your man, take no prisoners

I think it is Women's frustration to find a concrete place in the world is what actually leads to the problems of Male discrimination.

Male,Married, 37, baby on-route, (2nd marriage)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

He isn't wrong exactly but he isn't quite right either. Most definitely there are women who absolutely hate men and degrade them, try to take their rights away and then their are women who 'need' or 'want' men and then treat them like garbage by cheating or punishing them in divorce/custody battles... I can't relate to women like this and to be quite frank, I despise them.

All that said there is still a long, long way to go for equality. Women aren't paid equally, passed over for promotions etc. There is still an extreme amount of sexism is media and entertainment. 10^ chose to use "Twilight Moms" as an example of a double standard regarding sexual attraction and age, that example presumes that men of all ages weren't satisfying themselves (sorry for being crass) looking at 14 year old Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus... We all know it was/is happening, just because they didn't show up in droves at concerts etc doesn't mean there wasn't equal sickness going on.

Now as far as justice goes... rape culture is a very real thing, women in general are always blamed for getting raped. "What were you wearing? Why were you at that place? Why did you drink too much? You lead him on.", it goes on and on, not to mention the penalty for rape is laughable, a few years in prison IF found guilty.

So I both agree and disagree with 10^. The battle for equality isn't over but men don't need to be demonized in the process.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Is feminism hate? By a woman for you

Just something i stumbled upon.

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Why aren't there equal numbers of US Presidental candidates outside of primary season? (Or even inside primary season for that matter

I've seen you parrot this many times now and I'm going to have to interject with a little experiment you can try on your own; just follow these steps:

1. Invite some guests over -- 10 males and 10 females.

2. Start talking about politics.

3. Observe who is paying attention and getting involved in the discussion

4. Watch the majoirty of women leave the room and start talking about something else

5. Behold your answer; most women are less interested in politics than most men.
edit on 9-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

Why aren't there equal numbers of US Presidental candidates outside of primary season? (Or even inside primary season for that matter

I've seen you parrot this many times now and I'm going to have to interject with a little experiment you can try on your own; just follow these steps:

4. Watch the majoirty of women leave the room and start talking about something else

5. Behold your answer; most women are less interested in politics than most men.

Hahaha! That is such a BS experiment.

I could do the same thing and get a different result:

10 men 10 women - The men are high school drop outs, women raised in middle-class homes, who do you think will pay more attention?

Personally, im from a working class family and there are very few people who actually give a toss about politics!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Hahaha! That is such a BS experiment.

I could do the same thing and get a different result:

10 men 10 women - The men are high school drop outs, women raised in middle-class homes, who do you think will pay more attention?

Personally, im from a working class family and there are very few people who actually give a toss about politics!

Well, in my experience -- and I have a pretty massive group of aquaintances -- women rarely get engaged in political discussions and will physically leave the area when it starts going on.

In the given scenario with 10 and 10 even split, I would typically find myself and 2 or 3 other men at the end of it talking politics.

It's really not a BS scenario at all. If you go on an online dating service like POF, they specifically say that politics is one of the top 10 things not to talk to women about, alongside sex, past relationships, cars, sports, and the weather.

Of course in different scenarios and with different people you'd get different results, but generally a very small faction of women really care to even hear about politics much less engage in them as a career. I am from a middle class family myself and there isn't a single woman in my family you could hold a political conversation with for more than 5 minutes. My father is an elementary school drop-out and could talk your ear off about politics for hours so I don't see where you're going with that fictional anecdote.
edit on 10-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Well, in my experience -- and I have a pretty massive group of aquaintances -- women rarely get engaged in political discussions and will physically leave the area when it starts going on.

In the given scenario with 10 and 10 even split, I would typically find myself and 2 or 3 other men at the end of it talking politics.

Im not knocking your experience but i dont think you can apply it to the rest of america/western society.

It's really not a BS scenario at all. If you go on an online dating service like POF, they specifically say that politics is one of the top 10 things not to talk to women about, alongside sex, past relationships, cars, sports, and the weather.

Yes because you're trying to date her, but win her vote. That doesnt mean men have more of an interest in politics compared to women, i think it depends on many factors and your gender is nothing to do with it.

Of course in different scenarios and with different people you'd get different results, but generally a very small faction of women really care to even hear about politics much less engage in them as a career. I am from a middle class family myself and there isn't a single woman in my family you could hold a political conversation with for more than 5 minutes. My father is an elementary school drop-out and could talk your ear off about politics for hours so I don't see where you're going with that fictional anecdote.

so, you're seriously suggesting that depending on what genitals you were born with, your interest in politics can be determined?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join