It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Santa vs Easter Bunny vs Tooth Fairy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

How many kids have seen or heard Santa??? (When I was 6 I swear to this day I heard hoof prints on my roof before I fell asleep Christmas eve) How many kids have proved the tooth fairy real by waking up in the morning and finding money under their pillow??? Religion is no different! People say things. People believe things! That doesn't make them real.

Question to you....How many people have died for religions??? Wars, hate crimes, invading a country??? All in the name of GOD. (Whichever one you believe in)
edit on 26-6-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Some people outgrow the need for an invisible friend. Some people don't. The crime (I use the word on purpose) comes when you lie to children as an adult in authority over them and then they have to spend the rest of their life either believing in something that's a load of BS, or go through the mental and emotional and existential gymnastics to overcome the lie.

The funny part is where most people overcome a belief in the Easter Bunny or Santa pretty easily but that 'god' thing is so a part of society, that it's hard to avoid.

What if we had a Church of Easter Bunny or Church of Tooth Fairy or Church of Santa on every street corner, and they all were tax exempt purveyors of their respective religions? It would seem insane, hopefully. Well, that's how the present situation looks to an atheist. Religious people are different shades of insane or at least deluded by early brainwashing and strong religious beliefs (AKA religious fanatics) are whack-job crazy, whether it's the Westboro gang and their hatreds, or jihadists.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Explain to me why I should choose to believe in a supernatural being who damns all who doesn't believe his way? That's my question. Explain to me why I should choose to tell billions of others who don't believe my way they are going to have a horrible afterlife? I don't judge. I don't think anyone is better or worse than me. I don't have faith or belief in the afterlife. I just know in my heart its not going to discriminate if there is one. It's only my opinion. Nothing else.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922

Explain to me why I should choose to believe in a supernatural being who

I'm not replying to convince you of anything...

Know this.

I'm like you and simply asking questions or for clarification

That's my question.

Answered.

Explain to me why I should choose to tell billions of others who don't believe my way they are going to have a horrible afterlife?

You posted this thread not I.
What were your motives?

I don't judge. I don't think anyone is better or worse than me.

That's nice.

I don't have faith or belief in the afterlife.

I believe we all are going to the same place. (Difference is separation.)

Where or what is this "Same place"

Oblivion?

I just know in my heart its not going to discriminate if there is one. It's only my opinion. Nothing else.

I appreciate the honesty

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
One thing is for certain: atheists post more in the Religion, Faith and Theology section of ATS than the supposed religious do.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

My motive is to tell my point of view. My motive is to stop separation among a species that is clearly divided when it comes to what god you believe in.. As for the afterlife, I don't know. No one does! No religous group knows for sure. Its the same beliefe system as Santa Clause. No one knows. Not even me. As I stated these are my opinions.

But answer me this...What if there were no religions??? Would there have been less deaths over history??? Answer honestly!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

LOL, but religious people persecute and judge everyone according to their beliefs. You don't belong to their church, your going to have a bad afterlife. What's that about? I don't personally believe if you are a member of any religion, that you will end up better or worse than me. Wherever that may be. (If anywhere)

By the way, I am not an atheist. I do believe there is somewhere we go after we pass. But I don't judge others and tell them they will burn forever if they don't think my way. It's possible to believe in an afterlife without being religious (hateful towards others who don't think the same way).

link   

But answer me this...What if there were no religions???

That would be a good thing imho

Answer honestly!

I just did.

Now, what about faith in a all loving God and leave the trappings of the man-made construct or outdated perception of an infinite God outlined within the pages of a finite book?

link   
I think we go to the soul catcher on the dark side of the moon. I have faith because I read it here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You sure about that?

Just a glance in that sector you can see the ratio of Atheist thread to religious one is like 1:4.

Where did you get the number?

Sometimes when people that kept their mouth shout for years, ask question, the other side tend to think they are outrageous.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I'm not sure what's after this life. However, I believe that our time on earth isn't meaningless. In my opinion we are all here to learn. In my opinion, we are all here to experience. That's it. If there is an afterlife, then I think we take our experiences with us. That's only my opinion though.

Main thing is no one knows. So why the religions saying they are sure what happens?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

Why is it so important what others believe?

Faith, belief, tradition, religion, worship; is all in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Its important when others are hurt for not thinking the same way! Check history.....

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Its important when others are hurt for not thinking the same way! Check history.....

That'll go on until man ceases to exist.

People always have and always will hurt others who believe differently.

It's the way we as humans are wired.

Acceptance of different faiths is a small start. But it is a start.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I was joking somewhat...but.

Is atheism a religion? If not, why post and spend one's time in the religion section of a website? Maybe we should rename it to the Dogma, Faith and Theology section. Something here is remaining religious while claiming not to be.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Personally, I think we will evolve eventually to be peaceful. As a world, not as human beings.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If religion does not hold any power over countries law and dynamic, that i didn't have to give a crap, but in reality, religious politician and promoting their mind set on rest of the society, and we should not complain?

We should not counteract retarded statement from 3000 yr old books? just accept it as the truth?

Only threads i see created by atheists are .. "how can it be true, if X states Y but contradicts X?

The more religion is criticized the better is for everyone. backwards thinking for 3000yrs is a big free pass they got.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Real simple question to everyone. How is faith in God any different than what children believe in Santa, Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. Personally, I believe they are all just stories. But what is the difference between the faith of an adult in the supernatural being (God), and the faith of a child in the belief of Santa??? How can one be more real than the other??? Is it just because more people THESE DAYS believe in god? God is just as supernatural, magical, all knowing as Santa. Just questions I have always had.

You only name one that can do this:

God rendered our bodies from 2 pairs of 22 Chromosomes with 2 sex chromosomes--one from each parent. Mirroring this, the Hebrew language has 22 letters and the Greek languages has 24 letters. Together, you get a body that mirrors both language and the (46 Chromosomes) amino acids creating it. The Hebrew language is concrete and the Greek language is abstract and mathematical. When the body is finished being produced by 20 proteins, the remaining 2 proteins of the 22 then stop the process, just as the 2 sex chromosomes engaged the process. The body is then a mirror of language with one side concrete and the other abstract.

When two sides come together, we get intellect. When two sperm come together, we get union of information like links and chains in language. Proteins form by the union of amino acids in root position, just like language. When other amino acids are combined, other proteins form, just like words, sentences and paragraphs. Photons form the same chains to engage light (Particle and Wave) into matter. This is called root morphology and shows up on all levels of reality. If you look at the macro or micro, both reflect this chain of two becoming one, yet nature demands a third that is hidden. All unions happen with two becoming one with a mirror in the middle.

Matter originates from Hydrogen. Hydrogen is one proton (+) and one electron (-) in balance. All other elements have a neutral in the middle. The neutral and positive seek balance with the negative continually. Three must be present in all systems. Light is said to be both particle and wave. We now know, from the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, that light also has a third. Consciousness is the missing aspect of the trinity in light. Collapsing wave function demonstrates that our reality is a construct of all three. Your body is matter (Particle and Wave Function Collapse), yet it is also animated by Spirit (Consciousness). We are constructed from Time, Space, Matter and Energy in motion and constructed from what is not seen.

Where do we find this information in exacting detail?

Genesis 1:1-3

In the Beginning (Time), God created the Heavens (Space) and the Earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

WORD is information and the very information from the Tree of Life (DNA) that I outlined in the head of this post. It doesn't matter if you are talking about light, language or DNA. They all mirror the one thing the Bible says we are made from. WORD.

Hebrews 11

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Of course, Genesis 1:27 states that we are INSIDE the image God created and we are HIS image. An image is a representation of the real. Since we are created inside an image, we are not the image itself, no more than you are the one in the mirror when you look at your own image in reflection. God stated this to describe particles (Volumetric Picture elements / Voxels) in an image of the above mentioned structure. We are inside a hologram of information and Word, just as the Bible states.

I would be interested to hear your evidence from Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. What does their book say?

edit on 26-6-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I would be interested to hear your evidence from Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. What does their book say?

I know this one...

Santa 1: 1 - 4

Thou shalt not shout

Thou shalt not cry

Thou shalt not pout...

For he cometh to town...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Only threads i see created by atheists are .. "how can it be true, if X states Y but contradicts X?

...in the religion section of ATS. It's becoming apparent that atheists still want to talk about God and the Bible like their theist friends, showing how far removed from it they really are.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join