It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Santa vs Easter Bunny vs Tooth Fairy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Real simple question to everyone. How is faith in God any different than what children believe in Santa, Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. Personally, I believe they are all just stories. But what is the difference between the faith of an adult in the supernatural being (God), and the faith of a child in the belief of Santa??? How can one be more real than the other??? Is it just because more people THESE DAYS believe in god? God is just as supernatural, magical, all knowing as Santa. Just questions I have always had.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
Is it just because more people THESE DAYS believe in god?

I think Atheism as well as Agnosticism is on the rise personally.

To each their own eh?

Do you often worry about such things?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

Congratulation!.
You are the millionth ATS member to post this thread.
Please click on this link to discover what you have won.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

How is faith in God any different than what children believe in Santa, Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy.

Because I have seen and felt impeachable proof of God's existence.
I can't say the same about Santa or the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No.. NOOOO!!!! What the hell? then who comes down my chimney on Christmas eve??? What about the money under my pillows!?

Surely that can't be humans doing it!

The presents and money, only answer, something bigger and magical than us is out there.
edit on 6/26/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/26/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Believe what you want. I saw Santa at the mall.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Because I have seen and felt impeachable proof of God's existence.
I can't say the same about Santa or the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.
I have personally seen impeachable proof of Santa's existence.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Easter Bunny

Although we may not have direct irrefutable proof of the Easter Bunny we do however have a member who could shed some light on the topic. I'll present his cousin Guido Sarducci I mean, beezzer

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I saw the title of this thread and thought, "Who would win in a fight?"

My money is on the Easter Bunny, personally.

To the OP, they all exist.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Children believe in Santa more than God. Children believe he really can see what they do, watch them while they sleep. Same as any religion believes that their god can see everything and judge everyone. If you really think about it, they are two in the same. They judge good and bad, they see everything. Only difference is adults truly believe in god. And will strike down anyone who doesn't believe the same. Or say they are going to hell because they don't believe the same way.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy....how?

A2D

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I worry that the masses are putting their everlasting faith in something that was written and changed and changed and changed. I worry that billions of people are divided because of this. I worry about the wars that have been fought over this. I worry that things will only get worse if people do not wake up and realize the stories are causing division among all human beings. I worry that religion will continue to cause wars and death.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Santa, Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are proven to be fake as the child grows up. God is yet to be proven real or not by anyone.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
This is a conspiracy....how?
If the church has cited Santa as the reason Galileo wasn't allowed to say the earth revolved around the sun, then it wouldn't be a conspiracy. But I think they thought God had something to do with it. They finally pardoned him for his heresy, over 200 years after he was dead.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's a lot of worrying.
Can I ask a question?

What have, can or will you do in an attempt to stop all or any of that?

Do you think those of true faith will take your quest serious while you belittle their beliefs and faith by comparing it to Santa, Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

1- A big fat guy dressed in a furry Ski-Doo suit and a toque flies around the world in a sleight pulled by magical reindeer distributing gifts to every child all in one night.

2-A magical rabbit that poops chocolate eggs and gives them to kids.

3-A ferry flies in through your window at night and collects teeth and give you money for them.

4-A woman does the nasty with a ghost and gets pregnant. She gives birth to a kid with super powers.

All of them make for good stories. But that's all they are, stories.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Questions are the answer. You don't ask, not one will wonder. You don't bring it up, no one will question. If I don't speak out, how many others will? Personally, I think religion tears apart all human beings. Your this religion, your going to burn. Your this religion, your going to burn. Why??? I believe we are all connected. I believe we are all equal. I don't think a Christian or Muslim or Hindu is going anywhere different after we pass. I believe we all are going to the same place. (Difference is separation.) How many religions are there????
edit on 26-6-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I believe we are all equal. I don't think a Christian or Muslim or Hindu is going anywhere different after we pass. I believe we all are going to the same place. (Difference is separation.)

That's a form of faith in something is it not?

Now, are you wanting to discuss God or Religion?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I believe we are all going to the same place because magic is not real. There is no one's word you can follow and get a better afterlife. I do believe there is and afterlife. But I believe we all go to the same place. Its only my opinion though. Its no better than the others, but at least Im not damming billions to burn forever because I don't think as they do. There is no one there to judge us but ourselves. The only god is the one inside us all. It's not faith. Its understanding that you are in control over your on life. No supernatural being plans things for you or does things for you. Everything is up to the individual. No faith, just accountability!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
How many people have died for their belief in Santa easter rabbit or a fairy
How many people worship those creations of humanity, and how many have come to earth and been seen and reported by many thousands and how many have died.
How many have claimed they are God....just one

You are free to choose or deny

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I believe we are all going to the same place because magic is not real.

Belief is a form of faith.

There is no ones word you can follow and get a better afterlife. I do believe there is and afterlife.

More faith in something

There is no one there to judge us, but ourselves. The only god is the one inside us all.

Belief or faith?

It's not faith.

Then it's a belief

Its understanding that you are in control over your on life. No supernatural being plans things for you or does things for you. Everything is up to the individual. No faith, just accountability!

It's called free will and it's been outlined and discussed in great detail.

But I ask again what do you care to discuss God or Religion?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join