It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Santa vs Easter Bunny vs Tooth Fairy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Should the site make a forum for Atheist? i don't know, see pretty redundant to me.

If the disease exist, examining and dissecting is the only way to cure it. Not doing anything is not really helpful.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
reply to post by borntowatch

How many kids have seen or heard Santa??? (When I was 6 I swear to this day I heard hoof prints on my roof before I fell asleep Christmas eve) How many kids have proved the tooth fairy real by waking up in the morning and finding money under their pillow??? Religion is no different! People say things. People believe things! That doesn't make them real.

Question to you....How many people have died for religions??? Wars, hate crimes, invading a country??? All in the name of GOD. (Whichever one you believe in)
edit on 26-6-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

Question to you ////Stalin, Pol Pot Mao tse Tung were not religious and had a far greater death toll than religion, whats your point?
Jesus is one of the most documented men ever to have lived

If you want to worship santa a fairy or the rabbit thats fine by me+

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Should the site make a forum for Atheist? i don't know, see pretty redundant to me.

Maybe a hypocrisy and double standards forum?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Nice post thank you! I will also add:

“What does the Lord require of you?” your response will be “To do justice, to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God.”
“Love me and yourself and others like I have loved you.” Deuteronomy 6: 5 says “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and all your strength.”

And Leviticus 19: 18 says, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” And God added a few specifics: Don’t murder, don’t lie, don’t steal, be faithful to your husband or wife, don’t be jealous of your neighbors and want what they have. All pretty obvious requirements for good relationships.

And God added a little reminder to this covenant. Leviticus 6: 12 say it this way:
“Be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.”

God said once you get to the Promised Land and begin to enjoy a life of freedom and the abundance of that land, don’t forget me and our relationship and the things you need to do to maintain our relationship.

When you are free and safe and fat and happy, remember me. God knew that the Hebrew people would again and again forget their covenant.

Gezz it only took humanity a few years to forget...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

Great post. I totally agree. I will also add why were are here:

Deuteronomy 4

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Earth is a refinery. God calls us out of Egypt for this:

Deuteronomy 6

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Of course, this implies that the subject above (Heavens) is where this inheritance exists. When we get the message of love down and have fulfilled the law, the key to the door was in our hands all along!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Is it just because more people THESE DAYS believe in god?

I think Atheism as well as Agnosticism is on the rise personally.

To each their own eh?

Do you often worry about such things?

Really? With only 4% of the world's population under their belt? Nah.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

Explain to me why I should choose to believe in a supernatural being who damns all who doesn't believe his way?

Because it's better to be a living dog than a dead lion. God is very much a "my way, or the highway" type. If you don't want to believe that is fine, no one is trying to make you.

Explain to me why I should choose to tell billions of others who don't believe my way they are going to have a horrible afterlife?

There aren't billions of atheists or agnostics on this planet, maybe 4% of that number and that's being generous. I used to be counted amoung that number. The afterlife is for the dead, i'm putting my hope in Jesus to be resurrected in a new body with new life. Yeah I can imagine the afterlife would be horrible as a disembodied spirit without a corporeal body.

I just know in my heart its not going to discriminate if there is one.

God doesn't discriminate, his people are all the same, for in him there is neither jew nor gentile (greek), slave nor free, male nor female for all are equal under one Master. He's also color blind, he doesn't care about skin pigmentation or ethnicity.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I still find it funny that the comments about being force-fed beliefs are popping up. I see no hint of anything biblical being shoved down anybody's throats...atleast in this country. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite.

Of all the things I learned in school...not one of them mentioned anything biblical.

We didn't see study biblical events and timelines in history.
We didn't study the Genesis creation account in Geology
We literally didn't study ANYTHING from the bible.....

But we were taught evolution. We were taught cosmological evolution. We were taught biological evolution. We were taught social evolution.....

Force-fed? Hmmmmm
(is it any different just because you say it's "true"? Christians say it's "true" all the time and you still claim they force-feed their beliefs on you....)

A2D

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They are all real.

Santa was a real person.

I see Easter bunnies every Easter.

The Tooth Fairy is our mom and dad.

And God is what you whatever you want it to be.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well actually, the tooth fairy "phenomena" exists...

No, I am not joking. There really is something, somewhere, somehow trading teeth for cash.

Existence is much more than meets the eye.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

And God is what you whatever you want it to be.

The ancients had that philosophy too.

Then it led them to

That would look pretty comical today...

Oh wait, some people still

Oops...guess some modern people still share that philosophy.

Yep, they still do.

edit on 27-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by luciddream

Only threads i see created by atheists are .. "how can it be true, if X states Y but contradicts X?

...in the religion section of ATS. It's becoming apparent that atheists still want to talk about God and the Bible like their theist friends, showing how far removed from it they really are.

lol Atheists are interesting creatures. They don't believe in a God, the Christian one at least, yet they can't seem to stay away. But there is a rational to this because they really do have a superstition as well, so they actually fit right in here, and I will briefly explain to you why, as you see in thread after never ending thread, they such have a bone to pick with Christianity. Like the ancient belief systems of antiquity, the old-school pantheists and atheists, they believe that the universe exploded into existence out of nothing by chance and that it will eventually collapse onto itself, only to explode into another big bang without end. This "oscillating Big-Bang" theory as its called today is called 'kalpas' in Hinduism, where the idea of reincarnation is applied to the universe itself. There is no place for a God in their evolutionary fable, as we all arrived from primordial matter appearing under multiple forms from the beginning, like those old Egyptian gods. Yes, this is a "scientific" fact today that is absolutely without question, as one other person pointed out. Me being a Christian, I find the theistic evolutionists who apply this pagan crap to Biblical Christianity to be even more insulting than anybody else, and since they claim to be Christians, it is those people that I'm concerned about, not these creatures that call themselves atheists.
edit on 27-6-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Because I have seen and felt impeachable proof of God's existence.

Wooooow flyers....I'm dying here...do share please. I hope it's not too personal for disclosure.

Please...I want to believe...all I need is the proof

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Man wrote all of that!!!! Every single word. Can man be wrong? Can man be deceitful? Can man manipulate?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Very disappointed OP, I was hoping for a video showing a fight to the death between them all, I had a fiver on the Easter bunny...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You honestly think you will get a new body in the exact same image as yours now??? You think the dead will come back??? Enough said. But Santa is not real???

Magic doesn't exist. A supernatural being who created everything in 7 days doesn't exist. Any other story of a supernatural being is just that..... a story. Why put so much belief into god? Why this story and not the others that we just dismiss???

Why believe in one supernatural being, but dismiss all other things/beings supernatural.

Do you believe in magic??? Do you believe someone can turn water into wine magically? Do you believe someone could use magic powers to part the sea?

Or do you believe man can lie? Do you believe man can stretch the truth? Do you believe man can see something and interpret it as something else?

Remember everything you have heard, read, or studied was created/written by a man. Just saying.
edit on 27-6-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm not talking about just atheism. I'm talking about all the religions. Each has their own story. Why is yours right???

Please answer this!!!!!
edit on 27-6-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by djbj597922

Each religion's book confirms their own book...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Just because a person does not believe in God, it doesn't mean they don't believe in something after! The two are not connected. God is rather new to this world, at least the Christian god is. What about all the others???? Who is right??? A person that does not believe in God is not automatically an atheist! Some of us just have common sense and do not believe in fairy tails anymore.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Man wrote all of that!!!! Every single word. Can man be wrong? Can man be deceitful? Can man manipulate?

The premise behind the inspiration of scripture is the higher axiom it holds. If your lower axioms of truth are required to continually rise to resolve paradox and contradiction, then the evidence is clear that scripture is what it claims. Since this is the case, we have all the evidence we need. The symbols in scripture parallel the hidden nature of language. As an example:

1 Corinthians 10

16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

On either side of a loaf of bread (Made from Wheatheads), there is a heel. The heel crushes the head of the Serpents authority. If you dig deep into the language itself, you find more information.

Genesis 3

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Digging into the root morphology of Hebrew, we find this:

In English, being 'under heel' means subjection. When we train a dog to heel, we train it to obey. When we speak of the angle of heel, we speak of the mast of a boat changing direction in the water. Why would the water be significant? The word truth in Hebrew is Aleph, Mem, Tav. Aleph and Tav are beginning and end (Alpha and Omega). Mem is the water. We are baptized into the waters of life so that our authority can be brought under control. Our angle of heel much be changed. It goes much deeper. Studying the root morphology of Hebrew reveals this with the word heel itself. Root morphology is the branching of words from root. Heel is a root.

Word 2571 is Heel or Restrain, which means, “What is restrained when taking a step forward…in the sense of being on the heel of something else.” Jacob exited the womb on the heel of Esau. Esau is a parallel to Cain and Jacob of Able. Ultimately, the seed of Satan is heeled by Christ (Adam). Adam is the heel on either side of the loaf of bread, which is the church of God in this world. The tree of life is the blood (DNA) and the wheathead of the loaf. We are ultimately changed by our DNA only.

Is it possible that all of this is simply a coincidence? Another related word to heel in Hebrew is "Crooked," which is the right angle of the heel. In the same manner, the angle of heel on a boat changes the boat's direction. On the same branch as the Hebrew words mentioned is the word 'Abundant' and 'Bone', which is this: “The numerous bones of the body are the strength of the body.” I am copying this straight out of the Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of Jeff Benner. Like the mast of the ship, our bones provide the strength of the body. The word after heel is "bind or stripped."

“appearing to be whipped with a cord.” Consider this verse:

Isaiah 53:5

5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

I am sorry, but if you go up against the Bible, you can assume you will be crushed by the information that is intended to change your direction away from evil and toward righteousness.

The Heel is Adam on either side of the one loaf of bread (Humanity):

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Job told us who the Redeemer is:

Job 19

23 “Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, 24 that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever! 25 I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. 26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; 27 I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! 28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him, since the root of the trouble lies in him,’ 29 you should fear the sword yourselves; for wrath will bring punishment by the sword, and then you will know that there is judgment.”

The root of the trouble was in Adam, yet the last Adam is the redeemer that brings a new blood for mankind. What is in the blood?

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Fiat Lux!

edit on 27-6-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join