It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Did anyone bother reading the supplied links or did they just stop at the thread title?

Nevermind already know the answer.

they "read" maybe, but only absorb what they are programmed to absorb.

flat-earthers

well i guess that makes the global warming crowd flat-headers

the entire global warming "science" is BeeEss.

it is 100% political and it is a global effort (Agenda 21).

yes, we all know that pollution is no good, but is it really all that bad on a global scale?
yes, we know there are pockets of high pollution caused by industry.

But WHAT can ya do?

Anybody that is saying we need to "sacrifice" is hypocritical.

I seriously doubt that anyone will really stop living to make things better.

it's all pie in the sky and helium brain thinking.

do you guys know it takes a major pollution causing process to manufacture "green" energy?

look it up.

Those rare earth materials are mined at a huge environmental cost.

wake up.

edit on Jun-25-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

nd it is good to see that in this case their selfishness actually lines up with a "good cause"

Don't think so it's just more selfishness with more manipulation of people.

since he didn't then no, I don't. and since I did see you doing it I reiterate that you are the pot calling the kettle black.

Too bad Obama is the topic.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

it is 100% political and it is a global effort (Agenda 21).

Wish more people would see that global warming has nothing to do with 'science' and everything to do with politics as most people already know is based on nothing more than 'make believe'.
edit on 25-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So the Us get's to tell what the entire world what they can or can't use sorry to disagree but we have no right thought that was the prevailing thought behind the world was tired of the US stickiing[sic] it's nose in other peoples business.

It's more like persuading the world for the ultimate good of all of humanity. Unless you like that extra carbon dioxide in your air.

Tell me, would you take a drink straight out of the Ohio River? Or the Mississippi River? If no, why not?

America isn't the only country that has to change it's polluting ways, the whole world has to change too.

Well the science says the Earth has been around for billions of years man and his arrogance has only been around for a blink of an eye, and he sure does like to think he knows everything about everything , where the reality is always quite different

More so in some (ahem) than others.

Which at present does not generate anywhere near the current energy production,

All electricity is generated through the use of turbines, how we turn that turbine is what creates electricity. We just have to find the most energy efficient and least polluting way to turn those turbines. That requires (say it with me) research.

Nope miss those green failures that have gone bankrupt?

Risk and return. Isn't that what free enterprise is all about?

Miss the vitriol and hyperbole of the Potus?

Yes it was, still, on a daily basis, DAILY, you bash and bash and bash this president. So that would be what? Neo 300 +/- Obama 1.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

well thank god there's some people who do understand.

i wonder if the global warming flat heads understand what goes into the air from start to finish for all electronic devices?

i bet they all flock to buy the best and hottest iphone and never give a thought about China.

hypocrites....

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

nd it is good to see that in this case their selfishness actually lines up with a "good cause"

Don't think so it's just more selfishness with more manipulation of people.

you really need to work on your comprehension skills if you think that is somehow exclusive!

since he didn't then no, I don't. and since I did see you doing it I reiterate that you are the pot calling the kettle black.

Too bad Obama is the topic.

Not a problem - your condemnation does exactly what you accuse him of doing so is part of the topic whether you like it or not.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm not a skeptic of climate change, you'd have to be a moron to deny that it's happening.

I'm most definitely a skeptic of the "97% of scientists" claim that's been going on for 10 years.

Scientists in the Western World, maybe, who have to back this up to be able to even be considered for any sort of funding.

Scientists in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia have different views, and are totally ignored in this claim.

It should read "97% of scientists we can pay off".

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

It's more like persuading the world for the ultimate good of all of humanity. Unless you like that extra carbon dioxide in your air

So how does taxation of the air. and giving tax credits 'save the planet' all I see is another mechanism for manipulation that can create a global financial bubble that turns in to a crisis so Government can save us again!.

Then there is the fraud in the whole system where countries are opening defunct plants only to close them get get bucket loads of cash compound that cronyism on a global scale and trillions of cash.

Meh

Tell me, would you take a drink straight out of the Ohio River? Or the Mississippi River? If no, why not?

No because I drink coca cola, and really they are too far away.

All electricity is generated through the use of turbines, how we turn that turbine is what creates electricity. We just have to find the most energy efficient and least polluting way to turn those turbines. That requires (say it with me) research.

Harness the BS that comes from Obama and politicians and you can solve the world' energy 'crisis'.

Risk and return. Isn't that what free enterprise is all about?

I prefer letting companies and venture capitalist take all the risk not us

Yes it was, still, on a daily basis, DAILY, you bash and bash and bash this president. So that would be what? Neo 300 +/- Obama 1.

Write a email telling Obama to shutup and quit, and you will never see another thread holding him accountable for his actions.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yes someone does need to work on their comprehension skills like this is the topic:

.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Guess some would rather talk about everything but the above.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Come on now republicans, just cause you hate Obama does not mean you need to hate actual science as well.

Wonder if they would believe if bush said it.. then again, why would bush say that, he has his stocks in ME oil companies!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Write a email telling Obama to shutup and quit, and you will never see another thread holding him accountable for his actions.

Done

Now, let's see if you are a man of your word.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

lmao, didn't expect that, hope you have a proxy running.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

No, no proxy, plus, I used my real name and address, email address, and phone number. Why should I be afraid?

Now I want to see if Neo will be a man of his word. I seriously doubt he will.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Whether climate change is hastened by the activities of human or not, this isn't about conserving our resources and cleaning up our atmosphere as much as it is about scratching the backs of the big contributors that put the POTUS in office. If the coal industry had been a top contributing force in his re-election compaign we'd never hear a breath about needing a "war on coal". They would be getting huge handouts bailouts like Wall Street and the Big Banks.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I expect these are more empty promises. Too many voters last go around only voted for Obama because he wasn't Romney. Too many standard stock democrat voters are starting to wonder when the hell they ever shifted Right. Too many indie media outlets criticizing the dems in office, I think Obama is just rallying the base for midterms... if something toward actual addressing AGW induced climate change comes out of this, great... but I won't be holding my breath. I think he's just as sold out to 'dirty energy' and Corporate America as any other.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Once upon a time, Obama's speeches were something to be behold, now nobody cares what the toad in the Whitehouse have to say anymore unless you want to amuse yourself with it

Anybody that studies history knows that climate changes have been part of earth cycles for millennia, but when you are able to use scaremongering to push agendas to those that believe anything somebody else tells them without looking at historical facts in earth evolution then you got yourself a crowd to profit from.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Once upon a time, Obama's speeches were something to be behold, now nobody cares what the toad in the Whitehouse have to say anymore unless you want to amuse yourself with it

Really?

Thought they have always been full of 'hot air'.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by luciddream

No, no proxy, plus, I used my real name and address, email address, and phone number. Why should I be afraid?

Now I want to see if Neo will be a man of his word. I seriously doubt he will.

Nah I took a page from Obama just tell people what they wanna hear, and do the complete opposite.

Besides Obama has actually quit and go away he isn't going to.

edit on 25-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Didnt Climategate put this issue to rest. There certainly were enough threads about. Those emails, heh pretty much settled that issue. Climate change is real but the jury is still out if its currenly being driven by man.

You would think global warming would have struct earlier than the 90s since our old tech was really good at pumping out that CO2. I mean it didnt take long for CFCs to do their damage.. damn global warming been working at it since man burned wood. Hurry up already!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
Didnt Climategate put this issue to rest.

It should have - the dishonest representations of the warming deniers should have been the bullet that put that sad beast out of its misery.

But as with so much pseudo- and anti-science facts aren't allowed to get in the way!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join