It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Wow while i was bored sitting here i started looking at the Illuminati card games cards, and yes Obama has just played this one ......just wow.

illuminati card
edit on 30-6-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

and reading the description it seems that he "struck gold" with the AGW faithful. you cannot make this stuff up hahaha!
edit on 30-6-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677
And yet the sun, and it's inconvenient influence are not mentioned I will wager? Nor would the most inconvenient magnetosphere which is losing strength, most inconveniently, which adds to the warming, most inconveniently.

Crap. No! Actual scientists who do this for a living have been looking at the experimental data for decades and didn't forget about the Sun or other geophysical processes. Conclusion: current warming is explained mostly by human intervention, and primarily through increased greenhouse gasses. The data are inconsistent with increased solar forcing, such as polar regions warming more and night time and winter warming more, but all of these are consistent with increased greenhouse forcing.

Besides, the driving force is a physically validated mechanistic process. It has been verified in the lab, and in the atmosphere by balloon-based aircraft and spacecraft. The infrared emissivity of the atmosphere has changed, and it is physically impossible for the climate NOT to change, and globally, get warmer. This is not a conjecture, it is measured fact. Its effect does not EVER turn off even if there are other effects. All physics is "turned on" at all times everywhere in the universe.

Any future influence from the Sun is unpredictable and might as well be on the upside as the downside, in which case the warming humans have created would be really catastrophic when added to external solar forcing.

It would be most inconvenient for those in position to make billions of dollars from this to have to 'splain how much an effect the sun and magnetosphere plays...oh and also, most inconveniently we cannot blame that on man, nor have we figured out a way to profit from that.

Perhaps they could 'splain how or why it is that during the planet's most ecologically prolific eras were ones where the temperatures and CO2 levels were much higher than now. OMG...it wont be the end of the world!

Indeed. There were three foot-long flying insects too.

And the continents were in entirely different places, and humans or even mammals didn't exist and the climate change is happening enormously faster than it ever did historically. Is that reassuring? Do you want to live in a world where there are crocodiles in the Arctic? What would happen to agriculture?

The question isn't whether biological processes would survive, obviously they will. The question is whether human civilization with 7 billion people will survive.

Congratulations, you are buying into their panic attacks.

You are ignorant about the scientific reality and the dependence and fragility of human civilization.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, well i'd infinitely prefer to be thought of as a 'flat-Earther' than the thing that is Obama. The irony is, the only things that are transparent about Obama is the BS he spews.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

NICE! - a star for thou. and have c(_) on me

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Did anyone bother reading the supplied links or did they just stop at the thread title?

Nevermind already know the answer.

Yes I did bother to open the links and what did i find? "65 Percent of Coal Plants in Danger of Closure". Well... to me that looks like GOOD NEWS!

Coal Plants are one of the bigger culprits for climate change. I think we're at about the right time of human evolution where we can find alternative, better ways to create energy. I mean coal plants?? We can do better. What about solar energy? Water energy? Wind energy? There are so many ways to create energy. The coal giants need to get shut down, because at the end of the day its all about the money. And the Rockerfellers and the Rothchilds will continue making their millions.

It has to come to an end one day. the sooner the better

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join