It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

He is specifically targeting the coal industry that millions make their living off of, and millions more who make their living off those people.

Now When the coal industry is already having a tough time complying with the current regulations, more coming down the pipe that entire industry is going to be wiped out which is exactly what he wants,

Which was sourced here indianapublicmedia.org... and here: www.theatlanticwire.com...

Anyone with half a brain knows that alternative currently can't replace that 49% market share coal has at the moment.

What should be done is a slow gradual transition, but no Obama knows best pandering to the global warming crowd who is soon going to be jobless, and no way to affordably heat and cool their homes, that is if they still have one after losing their jobs.

That is pure evil
edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Problem is he has NOTHING that would change what is currently in Place !

Except some grandiose failed "green" ideas, that will never work.

Its mind boggling !

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No No No I want talk about the Furher!

It's not, No No No the Fuhrer,,, It's Super "O"!!!! The POTUS that gives Executive Orders, Progressives can Live With,
Yes Sir Mr. neo96,,, you're mistaken,,,, Super "O" has to do something to distracted Americans from all the Scandals of His ( not Bushes Administration ) Administration as of late.

yes, Super "O" needs to by pass Congress,,, I mean why not, He's Super "O", he knows automatically what's best for all of us,,,,, Right?

So, by ignoring Congress and Jobs for Americans he's also proving to his followers, he's not a urban liberal version of Dick Cheney.

edit on 26-6-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It's not just the coal.
It's the housing (isolated materials, dual or tripple glass etc), your car, if you leave everything on when not using.
There is room for improvement in the US I think.
The US is almost using the double energy per capita compared with Europe.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Dictator hussein soetoro (alias obama) is applying
Saul Alinsky's rules #5, 8, and 13
to denigrate and disrespect ordinary Americans.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

There is always room for improvement.

And most people overall would encourage wise use of our resources.

Most people would jump on any chance to lower their utility bills. By using solar, geo-thermal, etc.

Paying less and using resources wisely is not a left/right issue. But Obama is polarizing the whole issue by being divisive. He has to create an enemy where there really isn't one.

If there are those that doubt the climate-change models, then that is fine. People should then approach conservation from another standpoint. Cheaper, easier to use, more efficient; are all ways to encourage better use of the planets resources.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Obama seems to be the one chasing Bigfoot, unicorns and The Loch Ness Monster. Global warming has been increasingly challenged by the scientific community and public support of the theory has been decreasing.
The best you can say is that both sides of the debate have money backing them and its more pseudo science than anything they're using to back their claims.
So Obama is doing as he's told and basically the people are being told to go F themselves.
Just look who's getting rich on this and they're the ones who's making Obama dance. I don't expect much resistance from the right since they're owned by the same elite who own the left.
I just don't think we need to hear a lecture on science from a POTUS who wears a dunce cap. That's Obama, our doltish dunce of a POTUS.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The greatest hope for mankind is the global temperatures rise (about 5 degrees) AND there is an increase in CO2 in the atmosphere. Both encourage longer growing seasons for food, A growing season for food where there isn't one now, improved photosynthesis (look it up, its how all plants live and function).

I forgot its eugenics the global warming crowd wants not the ability to feed even more useless eaters. All those lower class people at that rich daughters cotillion need to be stopped from ever existing.

There will be no coastal flooding. Does a full glass of water with ice in overflow after the ice melts? Does 5 degrees cause the over land snow and ice at the poles ALL melt? -40 instead of -45, I'm scared.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Plugin

There is always room for improvement.

And most people overall would encourage wise use of our resources.

Most people would jump on any chance to lower their utility bills. By using solar, geo-thermal, etc.

Paying less and using resources wisely is not a left/right issue. But Obama is polarizing the whole issue by being divisive. He has to create an enemy where there really isn't one.

If there are those that doubt the climate-change models, then that is fine. People should then approach conservation from another standpoint. Cheaper, easier to use, more efficient; are all ways to encourage better use of the planets resources.

To be fair it doesn't matter much what Obama says overall they disagree to disagree, at least that feeling I get someethimes.
Not that I'm pro Obama. People make their mind up, they believe the scientists (there isn't much doubt if any among them) or not.
So I can understand Obama but with saying that to the people, they will even get stronger in their denial.

Just saying it's sad that things get pressing, we are already at the point of no return, meaning soon or already it doesn't even matter what we do or not.
And sure it are just talks, I don't see any politican come up with some sort of plan. They must do something about the population for example, less people less energy/problems + the fact the every country can follow their own rules.
It's like overfishing, people know they must do something and 1 country does something another country will just says ''thanks''; we catch more of them. You could say; at one time, like millions of years ago, you also had a time with less fish/species and humans weren't arround back then

It's getting nowhere, the only thing basicly you get is heated discussions about are humans to blame or not.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Not a single word of your rambling negates the fact that skeptics of climate change are wrong.

Way to let your emotions get in the way of facts and science.

Way to let your ignorance miss the actual disinformation and deception happening, which is that it is not about whether climate change is real or not, it is what Obama is using it to accomplish.. Everyone can see that the climate s undergoing dramatic changes worldwide, but it isn't about that at all...

It's people like al gore and the current administration using it as a way of deflection to hide their agenda.. Using it as a way to increase power and grow government, especially ENTRENCH government to "save us" all from it..

Of course they need us all to make sacrifices and pay a lot more taxes in order to make it all work, the fleecing of citizens that is..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
The greatest hope for mankind is the global temperatures rise (about 5 degrees) AND there is an increase in CO2 in the atmosphere. Both encourage longer growing seasons for food, A growing season for food where there isn't one now, improved photosynthesis (look it up, its how all plants live and function).

I forgot its eugenics the global warming crowd wants not the ability to feed even more useless eaters. All those lower class people at that rich daughters cotillion need to be stopped from ever existing.

There will be no coastal flooding. Does a full glass of water with ice in overflow after the ice melts? Does 5 degrees cause the over land snow and ice at the poles ALL melt? -40 instead of -45, I'm scared.

The greatest hope? if you believe that what are you doing here? please drive with a SUV as much as possible every day then and open all doors and windows from you home with the heat turned on (example).

www.newscientist.com...

- A two-decade study of rainforest plots in Panama and Malaysia recently concluded that local temperature rises of more than 1ºC have reduced tree growth by 50 per cent

- Another complicating factor is ground level ozone due to air pollution, which damages plants. This is expected to rise in many regions over the coming decades and could reduce or even negate the beneficial effects of higher CO2

- In the oceans, increased CO2 is causing acidification of water. Recent research has shown that the expected doubling of CO2 concentrations could inhibit the development of some calcium-shelled organisms, including phytoplankton, which are at the base of a large and complex marine ecosystem (see Ocean acidification: the other CO2 problem). That may also result in significant loss of biodiversity, possibly including important food species.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Not a single word of your rambling negates the fact that skeptics of climate change are wrong.

"Hide the Decline" ... that's not 'rambling' ... that's an exact quote of the so called science folks who trumpeted the man made global warming hoax. It's very simple .. the entire solar system is heating up .. it's a natural cycle.

ETA as for Obama's 'flat earth society' comments. The guy is a tool. I'm not surprised he'd say something that stupid.
edit on 6/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

They are called earth cycles, my dear and if I remember and history do not lie, the last time that it has been warmer and cooler temperatures earth population and environmental pollution was almost none existence an still earth indeed "did her thing" and due to that many species has been extinct, historical facts can never be denied an neither ignore.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Climate change is going to be another hoax by the private interest elite to launch another way to profit from earth.

Plain and simple, put a price on weather, air is the only thing that the profiteers have not been able to control as water and land already is.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
the man made global warming hoax. It's very simple .. the entire solar system is heating up .. it's a natural cycle
edit on 6/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

What climate change is happening to other planets in the solar system
www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Was it not the CHURCH that indoctrinated the world to believe it was FLAT and then proven wrong?

Darn those "conspiracy theorist" exposing corruption

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The BBC ran a science program last night called The Secret Life of The Sun

It pointed out that scientists have only recently discovered that sun spots affect the earth's climate. The last time there was a low number of sun spots was during Victorian times, the Thames froze over and the period became known as the Little Ice Age.

They went on to say the number of sun spots is reducing and they deduced that we may be in for another ice age.

Nothing to do with human activity.

So what has Obama got to say about that ?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
aand uhh AGore came on the scene w/ his chicken little act about the same time HAARP came on the scene-kind a makes ya wonder how anyone would know things were gonna heat up (I know computer models- right - throw any numbers and get back whatever results ya are lookin for).

RECORD ARCTIC ICE

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

It pointed out that scientists have only recently discovered that sun spots affect the earth's climate. The last time there was a low number of sun spots was during Victorian times, the Thames froze over and the period became known as the Little Ice Age.

Uh, no.

Obviously you didn't pay any attention to that program or what it had to say.

en.wikipedia.org...

The solar minimum (attributed to fewer number of sunspots) and the solar maximum (higher number of sunspots) have little to do with earth climate (remember, I didn't say nothing to do with earth climate, I said little). What they have to do with earth is the possibility of solar flares and CME (Coronal Mass Ejections). These high energy particles often hit the Earth, which typically get caught in the Earth's magnetosphere traveling to the poles and ionize the atmosphere causing aroras.

This, and this probably had more to do with the little ice age than decreased electromagnetic radiation from the sun.

But nice try.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have a hard time separating truth from fiction, or politically driven results. For every study showing one thing, there is another showing something else.

What I do know and have witnessed is the air quality is worse, the bee's are dying off, and there have been several swings in weather patterns that have been unusual, but maybe not on the scale of 5000 years or so. We don't know. I agree we should limit any footprint we leave on the planet, and should not willfully destroy it.

I dislike how his arrogance shows through again. Presidents should be above petty name calling.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join