It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I appreciate your post.

I also believe the environment should be protected within reason. Our water supplies are vital and are waning...I lived in San Bernardino, CA back in the 60s...the pollution was so bad you could not see the mountains .... from the valley floor!!

I find this whole Global Warming movement suspect.... There is much money involved that will produce much of the disinformation that we have seen. The fact they refuse to accept the effect of the sun's activities as playing a part, the fact they refuse to accept the part the reduction in strength of our magnetosphere as playing a part is highly suspicious.

When you throw in the falsified data they have presented as factual....when you throw in "documentaries" such as Al Gore's that is full of demonstrable misinformation and lies the suspicions rise to BS levels.

No doubt there are cores of truth in their propaganda, but I, for one, am not willing to return to the hose and buggy era to solve a problem we are likely not going to be able to solve in the first place.

We SHOULD look for alternative fuel and energy sources....that is clear and indisputable. Should we shoot ourselves in the foot while doing so? Hell no!

Life has flourished in the past when temperatures and CO2 levels were much higher. It is NOT the end of the world. Will it involve changes and adaptations on man's part? Oh yeah...if there is one thing that never changes it is Change.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
gee i wonder why we dont have efficient and nearly free energy by now, could it be all the inventions get bought by corporations and smashed and buried?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanoDGreat
im no expert on power plants, but is that a concern for the purely electric car/environmentally conscious world?

Maybe. Here in Quebec we don't really have that problem - all our electricity is from water - Hydroelectricity. The problem is the price they make us Quebecer pay for it.

I guess as soon as you guys switch from coal to hydroelectricity (or some other cleaner energy), you'll have to expect the Energy Corporation to monopolize that area and jump prices.

edit on 27-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Skeptics don't claim there is no climate change, like you kool-aid drinkers have been trying to misrepresent. We just don't believe it is affected in any measurable way by us, since climate change has been going on for billions of years. Back in the sixties the so-called experts claimed we were on the leading edge of the next ice age and chemtrailing was one of the proposed helps. Well the ice age never came as you know and they are still chemtrailing so i postulate this...the government is using chemtrailing to drive global warming because waiting on nature to do it isn't working.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne
I guess as soon as you guys switch from coal to hydroelectricity (or some other cleaner energy), you'll have to expect the Energy Corporation to monopolize that area and jump prices.

That will be part of the problem in switching to other forms of power, no doubt. IMO, it will be more OPEC manipulating the price of oil if a valid alternative comes up. Cheap oil will crush any innovations that may happen.

The main one which people don't seem to get, is that there is NO real alternatives to Coal, Oil and Natural Gas other than Nuclear right now. All theses other technologies need massive breakthroughs to be viable and there is nothing down the pipeline that gives me reason to believe they are about to achieve those breakthroughs.

Again, to all these posters who seem to agree with making fossil fuels more expensive by taxing it more, with what exactly are we going to replace those power generation sources with RIGHT NOW?????

Hopefully everyone realizes that regardless of who or what is causing warming, if President Obama's energy agenda in put in place, EVERYONE will be paying more for ALL their forms of power, regardless if it is Green or Fossil sourced.

Till we get fusion or Solar power to work, every other form of energy will cost you and I much more. Are we as a nation, ready to pay 35% to 50% more for our energy???

The most practical and feasible way of cutting U.S. overall emissions would be to build enough Nuclear power plants to replace all the coal ones and I don't hear us doing that.

What exactly do we have to replace fossil fuels right now...... We certainly haven't spent our Federal R&D money in ways that have achieved any great breakthroughs. The R&D amounts aren't even close to being what they should given the hurdles we still have to overcome in Green Energy Technology. To be honest, it's a R&D investment problem, we don't spend enough money on R&D and what we spend it on so far, haven't panned out much.

What if we don't have any major improvements in Green Energy Technology for the next 20 years??

Our Government has not enough money to go after all the problems that are around us. Where will the money for the R&D come from??? Taxing Fossil Fuels will provide some of that money, but we will already need the alternative to Fossil Fuels being close to being economically feasible or things don't really work out.

I just don't see any real alternatives that work to replace Fossil Fuels.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think that there are too many people who have not looked at the facts of the matter of climate change. The climate is indeed changing, and everyone should know this. However, this climate change is NOT caused by the emissions of humans into the atmosphere. The climate changes that are beginning at the moment are simply the result of a natural earth cycle. Ice ages come and go, and they have for many millions of years, and they will continue to occur regardless of whether humans are here to put carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. There is also evidence that certain scientists fabricated this entire global warming pandemic for personal gain, and there were politicians who used it for political gain. Remember ClimateGate?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Not a single word of your rambling negates the fact that skeptics of climate change are wrong.

Way to let your emotions get in the way of facts and science.

The way you say "science" as though it is the be all, end all of everything, it just might as well be a new religion. I'm sure there are many who share your reverence for it and consider it to be beyond any shadow of a doubt.

And at this moment, as you are reading this, you are no doubt thinking that I am one of those people who doesn't believe in science. You would be wrong. Rather, it is actually the worship of science that scares me.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmeister182
Skeptics don't claim there is no climate change, like you kool-aid drinkers have been trying to misrepresent. We just don't believe it is affected in any measurable way by us, since climate change has been going on for billions of years. Back in the sixties the so-called experts claimed we were on the leading edge of the next ice age and chemtrailing was one of the proposed helps. Well the ice age never came as you know and they are still chemtrailing so i postulate this...the government is using chemtrailing to drive global warming because waiting on nature to do it isn't working.

That's it in a nutshell.

None of us are claiming that pollution is good, quite the opposite actually, we just want attention paid to things we can actually control. Fresh water management, renewable forestry practices, moving to cleaner fuels, etc...

But not because CO2 is killing the planet, because it's smart to diversify.

Compressed natural gas is a very viable automotive fuel, comes out to less that a dollar a gallon compared to gasoline, and conversions are easy and relatively cheap.

And the oceans need some serious help.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, and I completely agree with you. My fear is that people's good intentions will blind them to just how diabolical this "plot" is. Many people I Love and respect are going to buy into this scam, and that is what makes me so sad...

I guess until we have the "Carbon Police" knocking on our doors armed with warrants to "inspect" our homes and levy fines if something fails to be "green" people just aren't going to believe the motives behind this are money and power.

70% of Australians do not want a carbon tax, they voted for a PM who promised she would not support a carbon tax, and without shame, now supports one.....this is who our President says is a "model" for the rest of the World? I truly believe if a politician blatantly lies to get elected and then pushes through agendas the people don't want, their position should be revoked by the people. Heck, even Gaddafi, that horrible dictator......
...had a People's congress that could challenge their governments`decisions, and energy in Libya was very affordable compared to other countries......the Banksters made darn sure he was not a "model" for the World.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Clearly the planet is undergoing a massive climate shift. To ignore the facts is to discount the findings by a majority of scientists.

The question is: can humanity do anything about it?

I'm honestly not sure, but don't see harm in adopting policies that create less pollution and reduce the amount of greenhouse gasses being pumped into the atmosphere. I rather like clean air and water, and believe being good stewards of the earth is the best thing we can do for posterity.

The cynics turn me off since they often make it sound like pollution and raping the earth are virtues.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Climate change is Irrefutable. Those who continue to deny this fact are similar to those who kept believing the Earth is flat, even after it had been proven to be spherical. Therefore, Obama's referrence is right on target. You can disagree with him, and all of the overwhelming scientific data, and the thousands of scientists who all agree that climate change is a real danger. But, nothing you say will alter the truth - the truth that you are wrong. Fortunatly, it seems like the world is fianlly starting to pay more attention to those who know, rather then those who deny.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer

But, nothing you say will alter the truth - the truth that you are wrong. .

This is what one would expect to hear from the pope. Followed by "get on your knees and kiss my hands and kiss my cross."

DICTATORIAL, not to mention FAKE science BY DECREE.

After all it was the roman catholic church that believed the earth was flat, and influential people that said otherwise were burned at the stake as heretics.

Keep YOUR RELIGIOUS NONSENSE to yourself!
edit on 27/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Moshpet
reply to post by sonnny1

I can not speak for others, but I only buy or replace things when they break or can no longer do the job. Then I either hand them down or recycle them.

Before this phone I had my other cellphone for about nine years. I assembled all the computer s in my household, and I update them part by part as needed. If a part is functional it gets reused, if not then its recycled.

I may not always succeed in keeping green, but I try.

M.

Its too bad those who believe they are doing right, are doing wrong. Not saying your heart isn't in its place, but if you don't follow it throughout the process it ends up in places like this.
(snipped video)

Like I said, its total hypocrisy.

Obama doesn't care about the climate. Only those who make money on the game of climate change.

In what way am I being hypocritical?
If you reread what I wrote; I admitted to not being perfect and falling short.
Perfection is an ideal, and a worthy goal, but that is just it; it is a goal.
An if I fall short of that goal, or have an off day or moment in the process of trying to get there, it doesn't invalidate my efforts.

What would be hypocritical, would be if I said that I succeeded in every way at living green.
Perfection is not possible unless you are some god like deity, with infinite resources to achieve that goal.

What do you want? Pictures and proof of my spare parts saved from the junk pile? The cabinet where plastic bags are held for recycle? Pictures of the trees I planted, and the water bills that show I am sacrificing entertainment dollars to ensure the trees have water? Or how about the pile of clothes that have been kept, even though that they have tears and holes in them so they can be reused as cut offs, or rags? Or that I only buy or use energy star appliances, or that the laundry and dishes are not run until the machines are full? Or that the first new car we've had, in over ten years, is rated highly, for fuel economy, and is an American made car....

It is not hypocritical to set high goals and standard, nor is it to fall short of reaching them.
What would be hypocritical, is not making the effort at all, while supposedly preaching a 'green agenda.'

No, I am not perfect, no I do not always succeed, but neither am I hypocritical for setting a higher than possible goal.

M.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by Rychwebo
I just don't want the new god of this climate change religion to send me to hell for sins against our holy air. So I will tithe as much money as I can to the church to forgive my carbon emissions that are in excess of my governments laws.

Yeah urinate on a tree next stop club gitmo because someone polluted the 'holy environment'.

No no that could 'never happen'.

*snort*
Gitmo yeah right, you'd get hit with a charge of public indecency and pay a fine.
Urinating on a tree would have the same penalty as public urination.

M.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You come off as a right wing lunatic with this message.

I agree Obama does come off like that because climate control is a right wing ideology that can only be accomplished one way.

Yes the government has an obligation to control the air we breath and the water we drink. W

No they don't they didn't create them they don't own them they sure as hell don't own the 'planet'.

Many national governments are authoritarian but it does not necessarily make them evil.

Tell me another 'story' after looking at this government's history how anyone supporrts it taking more power is beyond insane.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Moshpet

Alright well this country is a Constitutional Republic that limit's it's governments power especially this time since it is going for the power of 'GOD".

Mob rule has the intelligence of a collective rock laws have absolutely nothing to do with fact they never have.

Don't know how many times I have to say basically say the same damn thing.

I am tired of Government playing god that was never it's function, and yeah that mob loves to be controlled I don't never will.
edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

If the Government, is playing god, it is only 'getting away' with doing so at the leisure of the Governed. As for its function, it was created to protect the rights of its citizens, 'We The People..." Protecting the rights of the people means that it must do everything in it's power to uphold the common good. Which includes regulations for public safety.

If you do not accept that the Governed People, and the US Government is a dynamic changing thing, subject to environmental and social dynamics; then in all likelihood it's you that has the problem.

The reason there are amendments to the Constitution, and to the BIll of Rights, is that society demonstrated a need for those changes. The Constitution and Bill of Rights, was never intended to be a cause for the stagnation of the Government. If it were, there would not exist within it a framework for adaption or change.

Yet that framework exists.

If you do not like the laws in America, or you do not think the American Legal System should apply to you, well and good. However, should you break those laws, the odds are better than good, that those laws will be upheld against you.

No one said you have to love the law, but enjoying the rights and privileges of being a Citizen of the United States; does mean you have to obey them.

So you personally hate the laws and regulations, and you have a mind set that thinks the government is oppressive to your desire to live without laws. I can accept you for having such a view point, and you have a right to that view point as established under the Constitution.

But personally, I think that in a nation as large as the United States, such a philosophy is impractical. It might work on a desert island or in a very small community, in a limited sense. However, America is not a tiny island nation, nor has unbridled self interest ever worked with such a large body of people; which underscores the necessity of laws and regulations.

Again, you have the right to feel or think as you do, and it is a Constitutional right, and as long as you do not infringe on the rest of the Governed Populations right's, with your beliefs.

I may not understand how you can believe that way personally, but I can accept that you are permitted to do so, Constitutionally.

M.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I agree Obama does come off like that because climate control is a right wing ideology that can only be accomplished one way.

right wing believes in small government. Obama is a fake marxist controlled by special interest groups playing everyone as fools.

Yes the government has an obligation to control the air we breath and the water we drink. W

No they don't they didn't create them they don't own them they sure as hell don't own the 'planet'.

I never said they owned anything. I said they have an obligation to enforce common sense laws that benefit everyone and are necessary. Saying pollution does not exist is fantasy. Saying CO2 is the culprit is also fantasy.

Many national governments are authoritarian but it does not necessarily make them evil.

Tell me another 'story' after looking at this government's history how anyone supporrts it taking more power is beyond insane.

I don't support the obama administration one bit anymore. Half "his" staff belongs at fort leavenworth were all the racketers(mafia) goes. I did think(past tense) he was the lesser of evils in relation to romney, but clearly not anymore.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I never said they owned anything. I said they have an obligation to enforce common sense laws that benefit everyone and are necessary. Saying pollution does not exist is fantasy. Saying CO2 is the culprit is also fantasy.

No they do not have an obligation the end paid attention to the current state of the union?

What common sense laws?

No one ever said pollution doesn't exist those common sense laws just redistribute it to other places in the globe.

Climate control is the fantasy in the room paid attention?

They don't control jack even with their 'common sense' laws.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No they do not have an obligation the end paid attention to the current state of the union?

What common sense laws?

No one ever said pollution doesn't exist those common sense laws just redistribute it to other places in the globe.

Climate control is the fantasy in the room paid attention?

They don't control jack even with their 'common sense' laws.

So if jill stein running as green party candidate had won the elections and wanted common sense laws passed you would have severe objections with that as well? Or if gary johnson and the libertarians had won? Or romney and the republicans had won?

You are confusing evil politicians controlled by special interest groups that use climate change as cannon fodder with those that have sincere concern for the planet and its inhabitants. You should seperate the two. Not all people are the same.

Who cares about china? Do we have a say in their political affairs? The answer is no! Lets look out for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

right wing believes in small government.

Obama is a fake marxist controlled by special interest groups playing everyone as fools.

Actually, it's a very small subset of the 'Extreme Right Wing' that believes in a small government.

If you look at the entire history of the 'Right Wing'/GOP/Conservatives, they have been in power or had time enough while in power to work for a smaller government. Yet, they never did push for that goal. The government and the resources it uses, economically, structurally or legislatively, has never sharply decreased or grown smaller. Much less held steady.

The only time any real reduction came about, in the government, was in the military side of the coin, with troop reductions. (Iirc it was in the President Carter administration.) But since then, well, that has been negated.

So no, history has shown that the Conservative/Right Wing has never been about reducing the size of the government.

M.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join