It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
reply to post by sonnny1

I can not speak for others, but I only buy or replace things when they break or can no longer do the job. Then I either hand them down or recycle them.

Before this phone I had my other cellphone for about nine years. I assembled all the computer s in my household, and I update them part by part as needed. If a part is functional it gets reused, if not then its recycled.

I may not always succeed in keeping green, but I try.

M.

Its too bad those who believe they are doing right, are doing wrong. Not saying your heart isn't in its place, but if you don't follow it throughout the process it ends up in places like this.

Like I said, its total hypocrisy.

Obama doesn't care about the climate. Only those who make money on the game of climate change.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just don't want the new god of this climate change religion to send me to hell for sins against our holy air. So I will tithe as much money as I can to the church to forgive my carbon emissions that are in excess of my governments laws.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rychwebo
I just don't want the new god of this climate change religion to send me to hell for sins against our holy air. So I will tithe as much money as I can to the church to forgive my carbon emissions that are in excess of my governments laws.

Yeah urinate on a tree next stop club gitmo because someone polluted the 'holy environment'.

No no that could 'never happen'.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by HairlessApe

A THEORY is Still not fact.

A scientific theory is something which can be disproven, has been rigorously tested, and which based on current knowledge and research has not been disproven.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rychwebo

Please tell me you are being sarcastic, if not, change your post to say that you will pay for all of humanity to the "god of this climate change" so we don't have to hear this crap anymore. All the "true believers" that humans are the cause of climate change martyr yourselves before the new god! That is the only way to help this problem. Here. try this kool-aid i made for you it's really good it might taste funny at first but you'll get used to it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

So all theories have been "rigorously tested" wow i didn't know that.

: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another 2 : abstract thought : speculation 3 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art 4 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory 5 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena 6 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b : an unproved assumption : conjecture c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject

link
The dictionary seems to disagree with you, but i am sure it is you who are right.

Ignore the fact that if all these computer models if off by less than a factor of 1 at any point can be way off. ignore the fact that the last 20 years there has been no change in temperature. ignore the fact that when some of us were children we were seeing videos in school that we would all have flying cars by the time we were adults. Most of those who buy this are still enamored by the fantasies that the education system provide and have not yet ventured into the reality of the adult world and the need for the "evil" technologies we are using is enormous.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
potus is totally a shill for Agenda 21 Totalitarian govt. It's that simple.

www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Geez, Obama's statements look vicious.
Anyway, how does one even 'fight' climate change? It's an ongoing force of nature. We the inhabitants of this planet have no choice in the end but to roll with it.

edit on 26-6-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

If cancer cells could talk, they might be saying the same thing about the human body they inhabit... just a thought.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
If they really cared about climate change they could have stop using oil and focus on ''free energy'' and electrical engines at least 40 years ago. but since oil and natural resources make money lets be hypocritical and show ''we care'' by supporting tax on our breathing co2.

yea it's ok for your car excaust to spread lead, CO, CxHy, NOx etc into the air we breath but co2 is dangerous?
you want to do something with Co2 ? use algae to absorb it, plant more trees, stop the destruction of the rainforests and do something for the huge summer fires around the globe.
tax the factories which absorb valuable resources, to make useless plastic # we don't really need, and not my electricity bill.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
obama reminds of the guy thats on the titanic & hes rearanging the deck chairs, all the crap his admin as created & hes worried about climate change

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Next time Obama asks about flat earth, ask him about basketball. Obama shares an amazing resemblance to a Hall of Fame lady baller. It's such a good resemblance that even the facial landmarks match.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

They would be telling you, Man, did you guys even glance at what was in all those "vaccines" they shot you up with? How about the chemicals they put in your water to help your smile? If food would have been labeled back then as all the pesticide soaked and GMO food should be labeled today.......

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

One species will die as new ones will thrive, we are humans and we have been given by religious believes a special status, but the truth is that we are part of the animal kingdom and one of the newest species to be part of earth.

So as other species before us earth climate cycles will push us into extinction regardless of what we do as we can never stop it.

Yes, religion tells us that we got mastery over other animals, but sorry to say that it never said that we are masters to control our own planet natural changes.

If is happens it will happens sadly that is how things are, we will become fossil fuel for the next species.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes, religion tells us that we got mastery over other animals, ..

And yet the truth is that the tiniest ones .... the germs and viruses ... have mastery over us.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

you are right and to tell the truth is actually funny as perhaps the ones that wrote the bible that supposedly were the words of god forgot about telling that one, as people of the time didn't know anything about the littler viruses and germs hovering around them.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Several years ago my Boss became very involved in the issue of Global Warming, he attended many conferences with scientists, and basically was helping to finance alternative research into the matter.....at the time I thought he was crazy. This man is also a relative and him and I spent hours discussing this, lol, probably cause I was the only one that would listen to him.

He told me Al Gore was "evil" and that this whole carbon tax was a total scam and again, I thought he was crazy...but I respected him enough to listen to him, and read some of the research he had gathered on the subject....hmmmm, maybe he isn't so crazy !? Certainly there did not seem to be conclusive evidence agreed upon by scientists to prove Global Warming was a result of man.

Now this was all very hard to swallow for a CA girl who grew up believing pollution is BAD, and I still believe it is, and every effort should be made to to protect the land, water and air, any logical person would agree to this I would think, but here's the problem, can and do we trust the motives behind the environmental movements backed by the UN ?

Jesse Ventura did a really interesting documentary on the subject, worth watching......as far as Obama having no tolerance for people questioning the motives and following the BIG money, I would say......" Your a big fat liar, and I don't trust you, we didn't elect someone to do the New World Order's bidding. " I care about the environment, and probably do more then the average person to be "green" in my day to day life, but I absolutely do not trust the motives of the "Carbon Police".......Big business will still continue to pollute with "Carbon Credits" rather then changing business practices....sooooo who is really going to pay the price for this?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You all beat me to the punch...
edit on 27-6-2013 by dulce5cinco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Moshpet

The reason air pollution is not so much a problem in America, it that we have this thing called the Clean Air Act,

Yeah sorry don't think it is a good idea of government controlling the air we breathe or water we drink.

You come off as a right wing lunatic with this message. Yes the government has an obligation to control the air we breath and the water we drink. What is acceptable to you, or me, or someone else is up for debate. You criticise others for being fanatic but you are also a fanatic in the opposite direction. Pot meet kettle.

Not to mention the changes based off car emissions through California. Otherwise we'd look like China this past year, all the time.

Don't think so I take issue with one that says we can't be trusted hence we need Government with its iron fist to make everything peachy keen.

I know some love totalitarian rule others not so much no matter how hip their rap is,.

Many national governments are authoritarian but it does not necessarily make them evil.

edit on 27/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Not a single word of your rambling negates the fact that skeptics of climate change are wrong.

Way to let your emotions get in the way of facts and science.

Except that the science is, at best, incomplete and theoretical. The models used did not predict the current "pause" in global warming that has lasted for the last 13ish years?

The models used by the global warming advocates do not include sun activity, nor do they include the weakening of our magnetosphere (both of which are not subjective measurements or models).

Many of the so-called "facts" presented by the global warming advocates have been false, some deliberately so (see Al Gore). The Global Warming movement has hurt themselves hugely with falsified facts and data and claims that have not been substantiated and cannot be.

As any geologist will tell you, the earth has been much warmer in the past, has had much more CO2 in the atmosphere, and yet those periods were times when life flourished as never before or since. To make the doomsday claims they do is disingenuous.

If you want to know who is pushing the Green agenda....just follow the money.

I am not going to make claims that man has not had an effect on the environment...however, I also do not believe we can alter the current trend since it is not man's hand alone that is responsible for the changes we have seen.

Really? Man controls the environment? In a pig's eye....

If you believe that then turn on your A/C and open your windows.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
potus is totally a shill for Agenda 21 Totalitarian govt. It's that simple.

www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com...

Thank you for being precise in your description of the problem! I am strong supporter of the green movement but I am smart enough to realise what is bull# and what is legitimate. Carbon emissions are being labaled a greenhouse gas and wrongly accussed for "climate change" whatever the heck that is/was supposed to mean.

We already have scrubbers installed on industrial chimneys, we have catalytic converters installed on cars, we encourage recycling, BUT the dumping of industrial waste into water streams is a big problem as are the landfills with garbage because incineration is considered outdated/unsafe or whatever else bull#.

Obama is just as much a shill as gwb jr was if not worse. I cannot be bothered to explain stuff to people who refuse to listen or read anything. The man is beyond dense and the media is complicit in everything.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join