It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Yep.

My beef with the whole climate change cult is not in its so called concern for earth, but the way it uses fear mongering and shaky, questionable research to promote an agenda that seems more political than environmental.

I am very much in favor of real environmental preservation and care. I recycle. I conserve water. I walk when it is close and feasible, use public transit when it is feasible. These things also make economic sense as well. The things being pushed and enforced in the name of climate change are ridiculous, and some things are downright Orwellian in nature. Up here in Seattle, for instance, we now have legalized marijuana. Hemp, marijuana, eco party time, right? Wrong. Now the climate fascists are whining that growing marijuana will increase carbon footprints due to grow lights and hydroponic systems, and now want to do something about it. Seriously.

Many eco-friendly concepts and innovations existed well before all this climate change fanaticism was brought on, and all of them do not need climate panic for them to make sense. Most make sense on a very practical, economic level:

1. Renewable energy: cheaper, inexhaustible. Reduces dependence on foreign energy sources, strengthens us politically and makes us more self sufficient. No more licking the buttcracks of corrupt regimes to keep the oil flowing, no more money spent in regions of the world where their heads are still firmly inserted in the rectums of their stone age religion. Investments in making renewable energy more efficient and cost effective can be marketed as steps towards economic self sufficiency. Imagine never having to pay another power bill, or deal with power monopolies and questionable business/policy practices. Everyone who likes keeping their money can get on board with that. If it is marketed more along those lines, demand will increase, and when demand increases, the push to make it more cost effective and efficient will improve it.

2. Recycling: Waste not, want not. Recycling and reusing raw materials on all fronts reduces waste and ineffeciency, less money spent extracting natural resources, such as trees, metals, minerals. It just makes sense to reuse and remake materials rather than toss them into a landfill.

3. Water conservation: The most precious resource. Fresh water has always been a rare and valuable resource, it makes sense not to waste it, or pollute it. In fact, a number of carbon neutral policies I've seen actually waste water more than anything. Collecting rainwater is a great way to care for a garden and save money on water bills, and make a person more self sufficient. Yet a number of localities make it illegal to collect or save rainwater. Really?

There are a ton of other things that come to mind, none of which need to have climate paranoia stamped on them to make them sensible. In fact, a number of measures promoted by climate change fanatics don't have any reasonable link to climate change, other than convoluted, straw man nonsense. If anything, climate change alarmism ruins true environmentalism.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I fear many here would shout down Obama even If hostile Aliens came to eat us....just to disagree with what he says.
I fear that many just do not care and just think "screw you Jack I don't need no Guberment to help me"
I fear we are too late to even change peoples minds with facts and science, If we can't do that what hope have we got to change the world?.
It is happening I can see it many people around the world can see it..it is getting worse.
I think we are buggered

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

My beef with the whole climate change cult is not in its so called concern for earth, but the way it uses fear mongering and shaky, questionable research to promote an agenda that seems more political than environmental.

Indeed - why people feel they must argue against the well known and robust science proving that climate change is real with half truths and pseudo-science is a disgrace to humanity.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AkhenatenII

We get to our knees in water sometimes is call floods.
beside first life emerged from the water as tadpoles.
it is in our earth history you know the one that tell us that we have been warmer and cooler before for millennia.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If we'd get onboard with firing nuclear waste into space, we'd have a pretty clean energy source that has been in use for decades....nuclear energy. The high-level waste disposal has always been the big problem, but with the privatization of space, we might see a market for it.

screw that! I'd imagine that would be pretty dangerous? just imagine... all it would take would be one accident to contaminate the whole atmosphere of the planet. Rockets are not the most reliable things in case you haven't noticed?

I say we store it in lead lined concrete bunkers and then use it to make ammo so we can fire it at the enemy and leave it littered all about their land on top of hopefully making them sterile!!!

now that's the way to do it...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

It would be nice if the human race's advancement didn't include gradually thinking that we weren't a part of nature, though. We're detached.
The term stewards is a bit egotistical, in my opinion. I would prefer 'participants'.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Come on now republicans, just cause you hate Obama does not mean you need to hate actual science as well. Wonder if they would believe if bush said it.. then again, why would bush say that, he has his stocks in ME oil companies!

I suggest you do more research...in regard to who is going to gain the most from this utter BS...

I will give you a hint...

Barack Obama - in what ventures does he now hold shares of stock?

Al Gore and Occidental Petroleum - He holds controlling interest...holds more oil stock than all the other crooks...

Naturally, the Bush/Prescott family are crooks...have been forever...but to say they are not all in bed together on this is foolish...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
It is happening I can see it many people around the world can see it..it is getting worse.
I think we are buggered

show us will ya? sometimes I feel that's all the dumb humans need... hardcore evidence of the supposed fact.

I mean why isn't our coastal cities under water?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Not a single word of your rambling negates the fact that skeptics of climate change are wrong.

Oh, I think if you do some logical reasoning you could say, "Nothing the US could do would impact climate change."

In fact, you could argue that increasing global temperature would make more land habitable. Would this be bad for some parts of the planet? Yep. Would it be bad for the majority of people on the planet? Probably not. There are winners and losers in all change. Why can't we teraform the planet to make more land available? Everyone despises change, isn't that what Conservatives are a champion of ? Change... No... Conservatives want to keep the status quo right? So why do Left leaning people support efforts to stop climate change, while Right leaning people support the opposite? One has to wonder.

I know, the argument is the Right doesn't believe in climate change. But what is the Lefts argument? Change is bad? This is where politics comes in, many on the Left just innately hate the status quo. They want us to use "good technology" versus "bad technology". So then the argument disintegrates into details of what is "good" versus "bad". This is where reality smacks right into ideology. Idealism is all well and good, it tempers reality, but it doesn't change it.

I am what is called a fiscal conservative, I think the Government, in whatever form, is an inept, bureaucratic monster. I have doubt that, anything they try to do will work as expected. Putting the bureaucrats in charge of deciding what is "good" or " bad" is a highly speculative endeavor. The devil is in the details. The details are what is argued and with good reason. This is where the argument really is. What do you propose to fix this "problem."

V

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You are right and that is why I always say that we humans will be the death of all of us, we are not smarter we are just the greediest, we are not respectful of earth we just believe we can control nature, and those in our species that are lesser form, we don't learn from mistake we just make them bigger, we are arrogant, wasteful and stupid, at the end life will find its way and something better will come from the mess we will leave behind once extinct.

edit on 26-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Indeed - why people feel they must argue against the well known and robust science proving that climate change is real with half truths and pseudo-science is a disgrace to humanity.

The wannabe enviromentalists are cooking the data and classifying it to fool people. Maybe these liberals should decide if the planet is heating up or cooling down FIRST and then go public, so they don't sound like complete idiots.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
yes... this is hardcore factual science, yet the weatherman still couldn't tell me it was going to rain today!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

oh I get it, the climate is changing they just don't know what they want to go with.

this is real easy... they are a quite simple minded people. In the winter when they feel cold then we're heading into another ice age, but in the summer when its too hot then it's global warming

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I take it you've not been watching the news this week? Over 1,000 killed in India. Worst pollution ever recorded in Singapore?

Both directly a result of human stupidity, undertaking acts that cause global warming (deforestation).

Admittedly, that's not what the likes of Obama go on about, because it's not politically correct for the West to tell developing nations what to do (we have to blame it all on ourselves
) But nonetheless, human activity is causing climate change and killing people. Now. Today. And we seem to have no desire to do anything about it. How stupid.

So long as flat earthers deny we are causing climate change, people will die.
edit on 26-6-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Hey?

Can you tell me how 'regulatinng' American business's out of existence stop's this:

www.cbsnews.com...

Whoops hold a second I just got a text on my made in China Iphone that was made by fossil fuels.
edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I take it you've not been watching the news this week? Over 1,000 killed in India. Worst pollution ever recorded in Singapore?

we're talking about climate change here... global warming... ice ages... ect.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What does American corporations preferring to hire slave labor in China over American workers have to do with regulations?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

What does American corporations preferring to hire slave labor in China over American workers have to do with regulations?

Gee why what ever do regulations have to do with business leaving this country?

Thought that was rather self evident.

'Slave labor''

"Pollution'

Americans are just too damn good for that just make it someone else's problem!.
edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Even without the NASA quote the point still stands... The buzz word right now is "Global Cooling"..

However since we are talking about NASA, how about their climate models for the last few million years or so?

Source......

Now I'm no climatologist... but it looks to me as if the average temperature has been going up and down for oh... since before the dinosaurs..

I'll use NASA as a source anyway.. wth right..
edit on 26-6-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I dunno ask Obama, he's a corporate worshipper too.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join