It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden Part I: Betrayal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Assange, the founding member of WikiLeaks, sets off a series of government whistle blowers when ex-C.I.A. / N.S.A. officer Edward Snowden (played by Orlando Bloom), a correspondent without a high-school diploma, unexplainably downloads a ton of Top Secret files from the N.S.A. database and flies to Hong Kong, leaving behind his stripper girlfriend in Hawaii without saying good-bye.

Upon landing in Hong Kong the day of the Bilderberg conference on June 6th, Snowden releases a trove of documents to The Examiner, including the workings of a top-secret government program ran by the N.S.A. called PRISM.

Named after a real-life prism, these massive data centers are set up next to network nodes, such as those in New York, and siphon data off the net in real-time. Snowden reveals that these datacenters have been illegally spying on not only U.S. Citizens, but citizens of the E.U., in particular, Germany, a country of rough folk, and even the former Russian Prime Minister.

Meanwhile, back in the U.S., current President Obama had already tried to catch these leaks before they happened by collecting A.P. phone records, but was unable to stop them in time - when the records get out, the House of Representatives (kind of) wants answers about the Orwellian surveillance going on in the U.S., but is more interested in tracking down Snowden.

After the files are released, Obama asks Hong Kong to extradite Snowden, but is politely ignored, being told that Snowden is stopping through and heading for a third destination.

It is heard that Snowden has landed in Moscow, and that he has booked a room and a flight and even the Ecuadorian ambassador is there on unspecified business.

The next day, Snowden does not show up on his flight and people wonder if he was even in Moscow to begin with - the Ecuadorian ambassador and Wikileaks have set up a ruse, and Snowden has left Hong Kong for a third destination, leaving in his wake documents detailing corruption in the Western corporate and political world.
edit on 25-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Not a bad movie, in my opinion, it really seems to speak for the times. I find myself wishing there had been a bit more involvement between Snowden and his girlfriend, maybe a few more party scenes, especially in Hong Kong.

The way the movie was set up leaves me wondering if the 9.11 attacks and subsequent Patriot Act, as well as the corporate bailout were set up in order to antagonize the U.S. Government and corporations so that when this data was leaked, they would make easy targets.

It is really hard to tell, as a lot of the plot seems to happen behind the scenes.

I thought that the twist in the end, where Snowden gets away with the help from WikiLeaks and Ecuadorian trickery was highly unexpected, and I am awaiting the sequel with... some anticipation. I honestly don't know where this series is going to take us.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I thought that the twist in the end, where Snowden gets away with the help from WikiLeaks and Ecuadorian trickery was highly unexpected, and I am awaiting the sequel with... some anticipation. I honestly don't know where this series is going to take us.

Will probablly get cancelled in the first season like Terra Nova. .The only thing is I actually liked Terra Nova.

Never liked that actor Julian Ass-ange-r
edit on 25-6-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Cast:

Edward Snowden (Orlando Bloom)

Vladmir Putin (Harrison Ford)

Barack Hussein Obama (Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni, from History Channel's "The Bible")

John Kerry (Donny Deutsche)
The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch

Nancy Pelosi (Jaclyn Smith)

Jacquelyn Ellen "Jaclyn" Smith (born October 26, 1945)[1] is an American actress and businesswoman. She is best known as Kelly Garrett in the iconic television series Charlie's Angels, and was the only original female lead to remain with the series for its complete run (1976–81).

Senator Dianne Fienstein (Laura Bush)

Vice President Dick Cheney (Tommy Lee Jones)

Julian Assange (Vin Diesel)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

He's played by Vin Diesel.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
when will this be available to download off piratebay?
lol

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

He's played by Vin Diesel.

Well at least I could believe that Vin Diesel, might touch up some Swedish Ladies. Ass-ange-r not so much. There is a stunning resemblance between Diesel and Ass-ange-r though . It's Amazing what they can do now days. They look like clones.Wow.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
lol

Think it's been available for at least 3 years now.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Sorry OP, I'll stop now. Just couldn't resist a chuckle. Peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Haha that's the point of this thread actually they were hilarious comments. Feel free to stick around.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

lol

The one I watched was filmed in a Russian theater

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Will probablly get cancelled in the first season like Terra Nova. .The only thing is I actually liked Terra Nova.

Never liked that actor Julian Ass-ange-r
edit on 25-6-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

Man! I hate it when that happens...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Haha that's the point of this thread actually they were hilarious comments. Feel free to stick around.

Thank GOD you weren't serious, I mean everyone knows Anne Hathaway would make a better Ass-ange-r. As for Obi , he could play with himself.Ooops I meant to say play himself.Silly me
. I mean he'll be unemployed soon and his acting skills are second to none. Did you see him fake those tears for sandy hook ? That was an Oscar moment or at least another Peace Prize.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

lol

The one I watched was filmed in a Russian theater

Just as well, if it was in America. The theater would have watched you.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Well I agree, Obama has excellent acting skills, I have not seen any better in all Hollywood to be honest. I hope he pursues a career in movies, that would be awesome.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Well I agree, Obama has excellent acting skills, I have not seen any better in all Hollywood to be honest. I hope he pursues a career in movies, that would be awesome.

True that, He sure would make a lousy Director. I wonder if he would come up with yet another stage name? Can you imagine how many sequels to Are we there yet? We would have to endure.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I am not sure, but I think I am going to wait and see what happens and review the sequel.

top topics

join