It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is some of my Art work

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I do things in CAD Im a member in Auto CADs autodesk community, I use blender, and for gaming design I use construct 2, I also use google sketch it

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Really You have to show your work, there are so many people with different tastes in art , it would be sad and a loss of good art, if you never show your work to the world , the critics and complements will shape you to a greater level of art...

If you're working digital you should once sign up on worth1000.com and do some contests on the illustrate section its really fun and you can see such great art from other members and contesters , I did its fun to do.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Mmmm peaches...yummy! That's really nice. I like it

-nat

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

Mmmm peaches...yummy! That's really nice. I like it

-nat

Peaches were the first fruit to be eaten in outer space

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Nice combinations you can create great stuff with that.
you have to show it sometimes here in the art section.

I combine zbrush , Veu and photoshop and sometimes maya to make the things I like

I'm self- educated with what I do..
edit on 25-6-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The problem with the whole showing and criticism is that I have come across (not that I dont mind a good critic I often use them when I need to) is that when something is out of context to a critic they always rely on their regurgitated "school prescription" and often times over look what you are trying to accomplish most serious critics will ridicule me for disproportion, terrible color, poor use of medium even though most other people not educated seem to understand what it is that I am doing. I always draw from life and understand color, proportion, scale, and mediums very well problem is you cant tell a critic that maybe in another member art thread Ill expose some of my work in realism

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You know I never let criticism rule my path... But I also do not dismiss it. I think that you can't deviate from who you are in making your kind of art, because it's genetically congenital

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I just do what I want and dont give a ##it lol thats why the honey badger is my avatar but at the same time I dont try and claim im a serious artist either most of them become teachers and curators lol

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Very good, a couple look like I feel when I think about the world today.

Don't hold back, get out into the world with your art, it is very good.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Thank you for stopping in and looking, I wont stop I promise that much Im sure there will be lots of new stuff on here from me in no time at all. Now I know this forum is on ATS I have so many Ideas of threads to start

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Depending on what kind of post you start you might not get the cheerful response you got with your art so be ready, its an hard and judgmental world out here.................good luck Brotherman and welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Great work sir, thank you for sharing!

- inspired me to post my work
been lurking
edit on 26-6-2013 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

go for it bro let me know when you do and ill mosey on over to your thread and check it out!!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Heck Ive been here for quite some time and been on here as a member since 2010 I know the drill but thanks for the advice and thanks for popping in and checking it out

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Awesome dark and intense images! I dig em! S+F! I hear how some might not connect in gallery settings with it since some of it might seem dark.

I'm sure plenty have told you that you will simply get used to criticism, but you can always just change up your palette or subject matter. Or, just change the venue you show them at. Find a high scale metal/rock/goth club or cafe, places where regular customers frequent, places where darker images are very welcome. Even contemporary art galleries are going much darker now

I'm sure younger veterans connected well to these pieces, they are all very strong. I especially like the older man with a cap, the linework in his face is just awesome! I also like that linework on the knuckles of the 2nd piece, very Matisse vs Picasso, your palette also in that piece reminds me of Picasso (light greens and pinks).

I am an oil on canvas artist who has studied very little but has moved all over the spectrum. I always have ideas and trying something new is frequent. I started in cartoons, went to illustration, then digital, then right back to oils and have stayed in this medium (love the color) but have changed styles alot.

The past few years I've gone from bizarre funky subjective, to simple abstract, to surreal, and now lately I'm doing mostly very bold abstract that borders on surreal (I don't sketch my ideas, i directly put them on canvas with paint, then let it morph on it's journey, yeah I have those late drunken inspired nights too). The boldness came from attempting to paint over previous failed attempts at abstracts, and not blanking out the original image and having no idea what to do! I ended up making huge leaps at making nicely stated abstract linework without losing the essence of what's beneath it. I went a step further after good results and painted over a DIFFERENT artist's work (they didnt mind) and that also had amazing results (Goodwill means much more to me now, bad art = opportunity to make killer funky new art).

I have not had much big gallery experience, but hope to soon. Mainly I've been able to sell in coffeeshops and mostly neighborhood bars in cool neighborhoods. Regular customers at places that serve alcohol tend to like to buy art ocassionally. What sold best was simple palette abstracts (in Seattle yellows and reds sell well, offsets the gloom i think?). Coffee houses are my 2nd choice but I try for nice neighborhoods because students are broke even though they shell out $4 a coffee? Lately I've had some luck offering up inexpensive prints for sale along with shows of originals, and I usually sell a couple.

SO again, brilliant work and appreciate you sharing, and thanks for letting me share what my years at painting have taught me Brotherman!

If you feel like checking out a sample of some of my older work just click on my signature.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

I'd like to elaborate more about your experiences and what you just presented to me here thank you for this kind of input! I like how you said you dont sketch and just go right into it but don't paint out your core subject and keep working the same piece, I do the same thing. I'll get back to you soon Im going to click your sig box right now as a matter of fact!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Brotherman, you continue to impress. You my friend, are a renaissance man to be sure. I've been starring like crazy since I was fortunate indeed to find your beautifully creative threads, impressive mind, and good soul. We'll talk more, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Im going mad this moment another artist/ats'er el1jah told me about a type of pencil he uses and I have been so impressed with his work I went out and bought some and am having the craziest figure drawing experience I appreciate the kind words and I am glad someone has noticed this grain of sand on this large ATS beach. Did you check out the photobucket link I provided to more of my work if you dont mind me asking it is linked in this thread?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yes, I already went there if we're talking about the assortment of semi-finished sketches?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

those would be the ones, I love working with the figure and biology when drawing for some reason its the most important venture for me as an artist at least when it comes to conventional means to draw

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join