It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is some of my Art work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Im glad you came by to look and enjoyed your writing as well its super awesome there is a community for this stuff here

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Warhol use to get young boys to piss on some reactive metal and called it art. This is 2013, and people are still buying stenciled spray paint for $100k+ (Banksy).

As I said, you are aware of your talent. I assume you choose your utensils for a reason. If you really just drew up a bunch of image for fun without thought....you fooled me!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

Most of my work is very involved in the thinking and studying process I may draw the same thing god knows how many times before I feel its right

for example this one

started as this

then moved on to a 18"x 24" times 2

edit on 24-6-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

That is well conveyed. That is large and I can only imagine how "oppressive" the imagery feels when close. Personally, I think you may want to keep the process within and allow the viewer to view the piece without any outside influence. Your art is not finished; it's actually just begun.
edit on 24-6-2013 by QuantumDisciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

So not only do I play with mediums, and technique I also play with size and color as well

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by Miracula

I have like 19 more i posted if your interested on the first page

Heres a bunch more

Good stuff. Where did you get your interest in drawing?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

When I was a little kid I used to like looking through my moms text books for nursing school, I got interested in the old school drawings of anatomy, then it was an interest in sculptures and buildings that were done right I used to admire them as we would drive through the city and then when I was older it was comic books and renaissance artists and works and then it just kept snowballing then it was drafts and mechanical blue prints, I always find myself getting interested into drawing and the likes different ways evertime I absorb something I find profound. One day I just picked up a crayon and it moved on to pencils, pens, erasers, computers, spray paint and its never ending

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

That's a badger in his avatar I think. Any ways Number 4 is beautiful.. Reminds me of my grandfather when he'd get home from working in the Sloss Furnace.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

This is the honey badger (as my avatar) and thank you for stopping in and looking I appreciate it Im glad you found one you liked

edit on 25-6-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Very nice work, I like how you really capture the emotion and how you are looking for the struggling man. Your style is very real and legit and your going to go far with it, keep it up!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

Thank you very much for the kind words. I never was taken seriously by many art professors when I used to take classes as electives in school some of them used to say I am wasting my talent by not being an art major, the thing about it is, is that most of my subjects were homeless, drug addicts, alcoholics and the reason I would pick them is because they where weathered and worn but also it is alot cheaper for me to buy a homeless guy beer after beer when I know the guy is going to be in the same bar at the same time every day wearing the same clothes and buying his beer with the same change. I have actually made quite a few friends like this and that I have tried to help with because they were so eager to let me "study" them. Problems that arose from this is that bar owners began to not like me doing this because apparently word travels and I get a whole bar full of homeless and addicts wanted there story drawn and written about. Most of my class mates thought my work was evil and disgusting my professors on the other hand liked it

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I am an artist myself and personally I think you have a very unique and interesting style fellow artist. Your way of capturing expression in such a chaotic way is quite remarkable. Nice choice of color schemes as well. You truly have an unique niche of doing portrait work. Keep at it

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

Thank you I appreciate the comments, I understand that for some people that believe realism is always the goal to illustration most do not like my work at all, I try to render more than a portrait depth shadow and color often times is just as important to me as the subject itself. Sometimes to accomplish my goals in a piece I have to break all the rules even if that means make something disproportionate or an odd and varied color scheme to make the observer believe because they feel what they are looking at is real and affects them in some way or other.

also was checking your profile I was hoping to find some of your art all I found is your short stories but I am checking them out right now, I just posted a clip from a story I am creating as well in "awesome a short story forum" or something titled to that nature

Actually here is a link to it
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman

When I was a little kid I used to like looking through my moms text books for nursing school, I got interested in the old school drawings of anatomy, then it was an interest in sculptures and buildings that were done right I used to admire them as we would drive through the city and then when I was older it was comic books and renaissance artists and works and then it just kept snowballing then it was drafts and mechanical blue prints, I always find myself getting interested into drawing and the likes different ways evertime I absorb something I find profound. One day I just picked up a crayon and it moved on to pencils, pens, erasers, computers, spray paint and its never ending

I wonder why interests change over time. Drawing was something I did as a child but don't have an interest in it anymore.

I guess then it was something to pass the time away living in a rural area while spending time with the family.

Something to do to keep from getting bored because my nearest friends lived a half-mile away through the woods.

It's an interesting skill.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That it is. I'm not sure why I or anyone does it but will say that the whole world around us was built by artists I was just having a discussion about how the lines are so blurry between science and art.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I see ,You yourself are also a talented person ! great style , some I think have something like van Gogh , also I like the expressions on the faces

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I always suggest my painting hero her name is Jenny Saville I have not had the testiclular fortitude to try and even come close to replicating her but she is so bad ass I bet if you like my work you would like hers.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wow. Really good work!

Very dark and intense! All of your work, those are the feelings that came about in looking at your work.

Hints of insanity! Very intense.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Do you also work digital , like Wacom tabled and photoshop or painter?
And can you link me to her? I'm curios I always like different kind of art from artists , you can always learn from them ...
edit on 25-6-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

are oil painting peaches signs of insanity too

I do so much more then just that type of work it would literally take me half the amount of time it took me to post everything ive done I literally have in pounds by the hundreds of drawings paintings mechanical designs studies comic art without even delving into digital things
problem is I never really ever shown any of it but since you all here seem to like my work Ill keep posting more Im actually doing study at this very moment on 1928 flathead harleys and the ww2 vets that used to ride them for a new series im into doing

What a horrible snip of my peaches HERE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join