It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Year Old boy gets a full leg tattoo - Finding Nemo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Lucky kid. I could actually see other kids being jealous of him.

Mind you, for anyone not reading the source article, it's not a real tattoo. It was put on to his prosthetic leg. The boy was born with a condition which made him an amputee.

I'm kinda wondering why this hasn't been done more often. No reason to make people feel worse about their conditions than they already do. Something like this makes it almost barely noticeable, if not coveted.

Perhaps there's a new industry for tattoo artists in the beginnings...

Most 2-year-olds don't show up to preschool with a custom design from a tattoo artist on their leg. Logan Lansborough is just that cool.

Artist Michael Joseph Curatello painted the character Bubbles from "Finding Nemo" on the little boy's prosthetic.

Source
edit on 24-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That's cool. He's not the only one...

www.voanews.com...

3D Add Ons
edit on 6/24/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A star for tricking me and a Flag for an inspiring story!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Won't that look really stretched out when his legs grow?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Cool story - anything that would help the lad feel proud of his prosthetic leg has to be a good thing

He looks a proper dude too

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Originally posted by boncho

I'm kinda wondering why this hasn't been done more often. No reason to make people feel worse about their conditions than they already do. Something like this makes it almost barely noticeable.....

A 2 yr. old with a full leg tat is barely noticeable? That would probably jump out at you, even with only your peripheral vision. It would probably cause it to attract attention, and cause many to give it a 'double-take'. On the other hand, most people probably won't even look directly at the plain prosthetic limb.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything at all wrong with it. I do like it, and think it's a good idea for some. I just don't think it would make the prosthetic device 'less noticeable'.

reply to post by ElOmen

Originally posted by ElOmen

Won't that look really stretched out when his legs grow?

lol. You read only the title, and looked at the pic, didn't you? Try to spare about 20 seconds, and read the rest of it.

edit on 6/24/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ha! Tricky tricky. I was all set to come in here and be ticked off!

Great feel good story OP. S & F.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If I were a kid, I'd want one molded and painted to look like Iron Man's leg....

You'd say you were his kid, and in the "My dad can beat up your dad" game, you'll win every time....

edit on 24-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I was expecting a real tattoo and was already getting upset, glad to see this! That's a lucky kid!

top topics

join