It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of how the Bible came about, in 3 minutes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Originally posted by borntowatch

Yeah hence Gods and the bibles stupid teaching
Love God and love each other.
How dumb is that, sheesh stupid Christians and their stupid love message

I did not suggest the teaching of the Bible was stupid. Quite the contrary. I said it guides or leads us. I said that the founder, his son and his selected shepards were unusally smart.

There is nothing wrong with the message to love one another. But to love "God", whom nobody has ever met (John 1:18 "No man has seen God at any time") is irrational. You "love" some imaginary figure just because somebody told you that "He" created the universe?

Do you love Santa Claus also?

Not much thought goes in to your posts.

Why should any one love anyone, the whole world is based on a me first attitude, why forgive, care.

Anyway your understanding of John 1 is flat out wrong and possibly manipulated to justify your argument, that or you know nothing of Christianity

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Does the OP understand the Council of Nicea?
When Constantine had the basic christian bible created?
Anyone remember when? 1300s??
No God in his right mind could find redeemable qualities in any abundance....they are the exception not the rule....

There were two Councils of Nicea, 325 and 787. Not sure what you consider important to understand about it.

But I agree that humans do not seem to be the product of a perfect 'Almighty' God, but rather some relatively messy process.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by booyakasha
Santos Bonacci does one of the best jobs explaining it.

Bonacci is a witch who calls Madame Blavatsky the great occultist.

The agenda is pretty obvious, he's spreading NWO dogma as fact.

Anyone who says the bible is not to be taken literally clearly works for the dark side.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with the message to love one another. But to love "God", whom nobody has ever met (John 1:18 "No man has seen God at any time") is irrational. You "love" some imaginary figure just because somebody told you that "He" created the universe?

Why should any one love anyone, the whole world is based on a me first attitude, why forgive, care.

Anyway your understanding of John 1 is flat out wrong and possibly manipulated to justify your argument, that or you know nothing of Christianity

Distortion, ignorance, or inability to read? Which one is it?

I said "There is nothing wrong with the message to love one another".
I quoted what John said - maybe you WISH it would say something else.
It seems that you know nothing of Christianity - at least you don't show any.
Next time read my post, and the Bible.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
God is the author of the Bible.

He is NOT the author of Religion.

God and religion are total opposites.

Satan is the author of religion, NOT God.

God HATES Religion.

Jesus OPPOSED religion and the religious people were the ones who hated Him.

What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion
What if I told you voting republican really wasn’t his mission
What if I told you republican doesn’t automatically mean Christian
And just because you call some people blind
Doesn’t automatically give you vision

"Bethke’s opening line: “Jesus came to abolish religion.” Bethke sees religion as a man made attempt to earn God’s favor. Religion equals self-righteousness, moral preening, and hypocrisy. Religion is all law and no gospel. If that’s religion, then Jesus is certainly against it."

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

God is the author of the Bible.

Nice video. We agree about religion, although I go to church for the spiritual aspect.

But tell me this: You are making claims about God and Jesus which are completely unsubstantiated. Do you have any support for them?

"God is the author of the Bible" is factually untrue.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This thread summed up in 3 seconds. Some guy thinks he knows everything, and decided to post a thread about what he thinks he knows, when he hasn't lived through the last several thousand years of history and couldn't possibly know everything.

edit on 24-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Nice video. We agree about religion, although I go to church for the spiritual aspect.

Glad to hear it, you are the first person I have seen on ATS that actually liked it...

Sad but true.

"God is the author of the Bible" is factually untrue.

I could say the same about "The Story of how the Bible came about, in 3 minutes"...

But I won't...

But tell me this: You are making claims about God and Jesus which are completely unsubstantiated. Do you have any support for them?

I probably do, can you be a little more specific?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As a practicing evangelical, and admitted imposter (I have a thread with more on that somewhere), I've had the unique opportunity to study the bible and Christian beliefs with some very good, knowledgeable people, while fortunately or unfortunately holding on to my healthy skepticism. My brothers in church are unaware of this.

One major problem I have is that Christians assume the bible is the word of God and that it's being delivered to them accurately as God intended. Researching more literal translations and the origins of the books reveals it's entirely possible men were more responsible for it than God. That said, it's a remarkable work and holds so many deeper hidden meanings, I simply find it incredible on many levels. But it does have flaws and therefore in my mind cannot be from God. The main argument is that God "inspired" the authors to write it and that no others exist with that official capability since.

Another problem I have is the Christian stance on science, which pretty much goes like this; since some scientists have said everything evolved from dust and God doesn't exist, ALL science is bad. They'll "prove" this by citing such examples as fossils forming in a few hundred years and therefore all science "junk". I find it ridiculous. But I'm equally amazed at scientists, that personally believe a higher power (or anything outside the front of their face) doesn't exist because they can't physically prove it. Both are equally silly to me. Finding middle ground is tough because of the way all these groups have been pitted against each other.

Just a few hundred years ago, the bible was a marvel and almost indisputable. Now that most are educated and capable of deeper research from their living rooms to share and discuss with people all over the world instantly, knowledge is simply exponentially greater. Shining such a light on anything is bound to reveal it in a much more honestly.

Bottom line; I believe in the idea and power of Jesus Christ, while admittedly I don't understand or believe in everything man has done to try to explain or harness it through, which includes the bible and "scripture". I believe man has twisted and subverted or at the least changed things to suit his needs.

Maybe we should start a thread on how our alien overlords are using this to look for humans that are obedient enough to believe in religion in order to be further processed!

edit on 24-6-2013 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Maybe we should start a thread on how the aliens are looking for humans that obedient enough to believe in religion in order to be further processed!

You just blew my mind.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Dear ThinkingHuman,

Cheers, AQ. Not everybody is average. Just think of Leonardo Da Vinci, or Einstein. How do secret societies relate to this topic? I think you need to explain your point in more detail. "Why would someone who didn't believe in eternity even bother worrying about anyone other than their own family?" Are you implying that Alexander the Great, Caesar, even Hitler believed in "eternity"? How did you come to that conclusion?

None of the people you mentioned, as bright or powerful as they were, managed to influence the world to the degree you outlined in your OP. It is ideas that shape the world, people are transient. I reject the idea that the bible was created so that a few people could control the world, it wasn't. The Old Testament was written for a small group of people over an extended period of time, it was not just a religious book, it was a history of a whole society.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

None of the people you mentioned, as bright or powerful as they were, managed to influence the world to the degree you outlined in your OP. It is ideas that shape the world, people are transient. I reject the idea that the bible was created so that a few people could control the world, it wasn't. The Old Testament was written for a small group of people over an extended period of time, it was not just a religious book, it was a history of a whole society.
AQ, Jesus did. Why do we still learn about Plato 2500 years after he died? Does that not make him amazingly smart? Just imagine the impact he must have had during his life-time. The student of his student, Alexander, built a giant empire while in his 20's.

Why do you think that empires were built? To benefit the people? Or to satisfy his own thurst for power? Alexander and Hitler will still be remembered in a thousand years, and they did shape the world. 'Ideas' are merely the result of these people.

There are 3 (trinity) means of power:
1) guns, if the other one has a gun and you do not (be it a burglar or be it a police officer) you do what he says
2) laws, if one has the power to make laws, he can impose on you to do as he likes (pay taxes)
3) secrets, if you do not know about it, you cannot fight it (in the military they call it 'stealth', in the community 'secret society').

The Bible talks in large part about kings and kingdoms. I wondered why until I figured it out.
The Bible gives commandments and paves the way for governments to impose laws.
The Bible talks about sacred secrets that are spoken in 'tongues' so that people will not listen (1Cor 14:2)

Do a Bible Word search for 'secret' and you will find many more examples. Yes, you are right, parts of the Bible are not religious, they are a guide for young Kings (those who could read at that time) on How to use the trinity of power. People are transient that is why they control the bloodlines, and the spirit is eternal (nothing gets destroyed into nothing in the universe).

edit on 24-6-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
calm down guys, its just a story

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Dear ThinkingHuman,

AQ, Jesus did. Why do we still learn about Plato 2500 years after he died? Does that not make him amazingly smart? Just imagine the impact he must have had during his life-time. The student of his student, Alexander, built a giant empire while in his 20's.

People expose others to ideas, they ideas become accepted or not based on whether or not they remain true. We may still read Plato; but, his ideas are not accepted by most and were not even accepted by his student, Aristotle. As for bloodlines, heck, everyone is related to one another.

Yahoo - Live Science - Europeans All Closely Related, Gene Study Shows

The bible does say, as you paraphrased, that the world is run by princes and principalities, multiples, not just one. It is how we organize ourselves. The bible was not created by the rulers to enslave people, they were already enslaved and Jesus told us to be good slaves because that is how the world is. The jews of the Old Testament never thought that there beliefs would be accepted by other societies. In fact, when Jesus came the Apostles were not particularly interested in preaching to gentiles, that was Paul. Nobody could have forseen where it would go and how it would travel the world, that required divine inspiration.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king

yes, but one with meaning, that's what always gets them riled up in their sycophantic desire to please TPTB.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

yes, but one with meaning, that's what always gets them riled up in their sycophantic desire to please TPTB.

i guess the meaning depends on what you want it to mean. to me its just a story, but to other people, they look too far into it. its the same with all religion really, in my opinion they should all be banned.... nothing but trouble

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

I have read the bible, you pick and choose verse to justify your position

John 1:18
New International Version (NIV)
18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[a] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

God has been seen

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

The bible was not created by the rulers to enslave people, they were already enslaved and Jesus told us to be good slaves because that is how the world is.
Since you say yourself that 'Jesus told us to be good slaves' then why was the Bible written, if not to tell us to be good slaves?
How did that come about that they were already enslaved?

Please tell me this. Do you consider it coincidence that (I presume, correct me if I am wrong) you were raised in the culture that believes in the Bible. Is it coincidence that the vast majority of people in our culture do not believe in the Mahabarata or the Baghavad Gita? And vice versa, the vast majority of people in India do not believe in the Bible? IMO, this is clear statistical evidence that there is a psychological mechanism to make us believe in a religion during the time when we are highly suggestable (such as childhood, or while under stress).

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

i guess the meaning depends on what you want it to mean. to me its just a story, but to other people, they look too far into it. its the same with all religion really, in my opinion they should all be banned.... nothing but trouble

Yes, its true with any religion and any story. You cannot ban people believing and I don't think we should even if we could. We cannot find the truth if we are not allowed to believe what seems true. We just need to learn to accept that it is not the same for everybody else.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

I have read the bible, you pick and choose verse to justify your position
You proved my point, again. They saw Jesus, not God, despite what Jesus SAID, that does not make it so.
Don't you choose the quotes to support your position?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join