It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECO-REVOLUTION: GMO Crops TORCHED in America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I know bread is supposed to be bad, it was just a response to Phage's suggestion.

(not that bread isn't one of my favorite excesses, especially Italian ~ non wheat.)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I know bread is supposed to be bad, it was just a response to Phage's suggestion.

(not that bread isn't one of my favorite excesses, especially Italian ~ non wheat.)

I understand, I have a weakness for pizza,. however,. I will say that Since I have
given up bread,.( a year now) I feel much better,. and lost 15 useless pounds.
Also for anyone who suffers from yeast infections or athletes foot will see a significant
benefit from giving up the bread/yeast combo

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

How very clever of you.

Thank you, a disguised compliment!

Perhaps you should also compliment the other poster that wrote something similar, and perhaps you should know I wrote it before reading the other post, as I always start with the first then last pages of a thread then decide if reading more is worthwhile, in this thread it is. S& F to the OP.

I guess great minds think alike.

edit on 24-6-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well ethically it is wrong to punish the slave farmer for being a slave of Monsanto (or whatever GMO corp).

Monsanto essentially gives them a choice, either lose all of your land go bankrupt and possibly to jail, or just give Monsanto what it wants and all your problems will go away.

Do you believe the farmer likes this choice? Lose everything or let Monsanto run the show? Their lives are a living hell, if it's not Monsanto ruining them it's thugs burning their crops. Hopefully the guy has insurance and can recover his losses.

I feel really bad for these farmers caught in the middle of all of this. They usually are innocent and honest and are being blackmailed and forced into compliance with the system. They should not be punished.

And don't bother blaming Monsanto either that's a waste of time and it's wrong.

Blame the GOVT, they are the ones who created policies that facilitate and promote this type of commercialized tyranny. They are the crux of the problem, Govt Policies.

If you want to fix this system, we must strip this govt of power and undo these policies.
That is the answer.
That is all.
edit on 24-6-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

Is the US beginning to wake to the plight of GM foods.

Ecoterrorists are nothing new.

They aren't really terrorizing anyone though.

They are better characterized as petty vandals imo.
Because the intention here was defacement/destruction of property.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

thats a tough one
as monsanto has members in the FDA and the FDA is part of the government

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Right. Animals are dying all over the place from eating GMOs. That's why ranchers keep buying them for feed.

No Phage, having grown up in a farm family, I can tell you first hand that the ranchers and farmers are backed into a corner when it comes to buying feed and seed. Our farm was about 750 acres at it's biggest. We had to buy what was affordable and what made it possible to eek out a living. There isn't a choice when you are a small time operation. The corporate farmers were able to force the family farms to fall into line with their mega-corporation owners. Otherwise you simply lose the farm, which was probably in the family for generations, to the very corporations that you didn't want to buy the super-seed from in the first place.
So, don't smugly assume you know what the hell these farmers and ranchers are thinking. They would love to be able to simply buy or grow their own choice of seed and feed. They just do what they have to in hopes that things will eventually change for the better. I've sat through too many small co-op meetings and heard too many frustrated farmers to sit here and let you try to speak for them when you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirefly

So, don't smugly assume you know what the hell these farmers and ranchers are thinking.

O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Does that banner yet wave?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

I appreciate the value of your personal experience.
Have you seen a decline in the productivity of your livestock since the advent of GMO feeds?
Do you think large scale producers would tolerate the use of GMOs if they saw reduced productivity with their use in feed?
edit on 6/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

More like Tennessee Ernie's song. Ya load 16 ton, what do you get, another day older and deeper in debt. Should've been the national anthem.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

John Lithgow called. He wants his face back.

If there isn't a T&C about mis-use of a living person's visage in order to enhance your own gravitas, there should be. As far as I can tell since I certainly haven't seen everyone's avatars, Phage is the only poster doing this.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reply to post by wirefly

I appreciate the value of your personal experience.
Have you seen a decline in the productivity of your livestock since the advent of GMO feeds?

Yes. Although my dad has retired and leases his land to another struggling farmer for nothing more than the property tax payoff and I have moved on to the film industry, I am still connected to the farm. My daughters are both in ag related studies in college and are at the frontlines. One is in work study at a slaughterhouse and the other is in veterinary medicine studies. Both are actively studying the effect of GMOs on livestock. Higher rate of spontaneously aborted calves than ever. Higher mortality rate in newborn calves and less efficient feed conversion in beef stock are just a few problems the local ranchers are struggling with.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

And you think it's because of GMO feed?
So do you think that large scale ranchers are experiencing the same thing? Why would they put up with it?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

As far as I can tell since I certainly haven't seen everyone's avatars, Phage is the only poster doing this.

Seriously? Are you that out of substantive comments? You have to go after an avatar? A bit off topic doncha know?

But I guess you missed SkepticOverlord's "Dexter" phase. But now he seems to be liking Andrew W.K.
You can complain to him too I guess.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

Is the US beginning to wake to the plight of GM foods.

Ecoterrorists are nothing new.

This is an act of arson and/or vandalism.

Official Definitions of Terrorism

State Department definition, Title 22 of the U.S. Code, Chapter 38, Section 2656f(d): premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.

FBI definition: the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

Defense Department definition: the calculated use, or threatened use, of force or violence against individuals or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives.

United Nations definition: any act intended to cause death or serious bodily injury to a civilian, or to any other person not taking an active part in the hostilities in a situation of armed conflict, when the purpose of such act, by its nature or context, is to intimidate a population, or to compel a government or an international organization to do or to abstain from doing any act. Article 2(b) of International Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism, May 5, 2004)

www.cultsandterror.org... (for some reason I can't copy the url)

Violence against persons.

It's been updated to include property by the DoD & FBI with no LAW supporting acts against property.

By the New Definition "The Boston Tea Party" was an act of terrorism.

Thom Hartman did a riff, a very good one, on this subject last week but I can't find the specific show.

edit on 24-6-2013 by FyreByrd because: forgot source

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

This is an act of arson and/or vandalism.

Ok ecovandalism is nothing new.
Better?
It's still pointless. Just like tagging stop signs is.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Phage why would a product that busts the stomachs of the insects that eat it be any better for the other organisms that eat the same food? Doesn't sound like something I want in my body.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WonOunce

Phage why would a product that busts the stomachs of the insects that eat it be any better for the other organisms that eat the same food?

That's not exactly how it works but for one thing, because the gut of the bugs is alkaline and the gut of mammals is acidic.
And of course, a mammal gut is a lot bigger than an insect gut.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I really wasn't interested in this thread, but I took one last look and saw this:

They aren't really terrorizing anyone though.

They are better characterized as petty vandals imo.
Because the intention here was defacement/destruction of property.

Given that, what's the difference when an abortionist's clinic is burned down, after hours, when it's empty? Still going to stick with petty vandalism?

Anybody else here like the idea of destroying property when it's being used for something you don't agree with?

Thugs, bullies, and cowards. Trying to justify their actions. Failing miserably.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
So food prices can go up and some families might go hungry?

Well played crazy person, well played!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join