It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECO-REVOLUTION: GMO Crops TORCHED in America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

ON FOOD PLANTS, FOR ---- SAKE! I know I wouldn't want weedkiller anywhere near ANYTHING I was going to eat.
Then I guess you only use organic foods. Herbicides have been used around food crops since long before there were GMOs.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not the one who said, 'yet another hate corporate america thread'. My opinion is already on the record in this thread, I'm simply responding to a post.

Did you really use the troll card? Just because I had fun pointing out something doesn't mean I was trolling. There's a reason people hate this particular American Corporation, a myriad of reasons actually, political reasons are one, my post is perfectly on topic. How bout you take your dictating of how other people post elsewhere?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The term ecoterrorists is used to vilify a legitimate and important method of protest.

No. The term is used to separate those who destroy property from those who do not.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I'm not the one who said, 'yet another hate corporate america thread'. My opinion is already on the record in this thread, I'm simply responding to a post.

IS GMO not a corporate product?

And we all know 'how evil' they are they don't ever do anything right they want to 'poision' people with the drought and pest resistant plants that can focus all their energy in to more healthy,fruitful food.

Some people don't like that too much so they use petochemicals(gas) and pollute the 'envionment' of someone who is just trying to make a living because they hate someone else (corporations).

Did you really use the troll card?

Sure did it's clearly written here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

What was that sources name?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Anyone who comments about the need for GM food to meet production and demand needs of the population should consider that the effort would be better spent stopping the gluttons eating more than they need in the first place.

There IS more than enough to go around if greed and waste is kept at bay imo.
100 % agree all this crap to grow food then we dump about 1.000.000 tonns of it in the uk .

cucumbers not straight bin them same with bananas etc etc good old european parliment for every bag of food sold 1.3 is dumped .

not long ago we had food mountains that cost more to store than it was worth so much that they had to give it away bet that never happens again

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenson76

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Although this may seem good at first glance, the people who suffer first (just like gasoline boycotts) are the farmers under the iron grip of 'evil' corporations like Monsanto.

If these eco-terrorists are going to do something productive, they might as well torch Monsanto's HQ...

The farmers got in bed with Monsanto....let em burn too.

Watch Food Inc and deny ignorance...for your own sake.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And we all know 'how evil' they are they don't ever do anything right they want to 'poision' people with the drought and pest resistant plants that can focus all their energy in to more healthy,fruitful food.

It's debatable whether they are in fact more drought resistant or pest resistant or healthier. People want choice, they want labels, want to maintain a simple right to know what they are putting in their mouths... if this product is so good, so amazing they ought to be able to flourish without the help of the government shouldn't they?

Or is cronyism now okay in your eyes? The revolving door between government and corporations is okay with you? The irony is thick around here.

And as I stated before, burning the crops IMO was not okay, not at all.

You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

Is anyone at breitard a political candidate or are they a Party affiliation?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I do grow my own vegetables, and my fear is that what I grow can be pollinated by GMO plants. If this is so, it puts us organic gardeners in an awkward position.

My garden is a small plot, are my fears justified, or is there something I am unaware of?
If there is a risk, shouldn't those who wish to avoid that risk be given the choice to do so?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It's debatable whether they are in fact more drought resistant or pest resistant or healthier.

Debateable by keyboard 'geneticist's' and others who get all their information from the internets' ripe with agenda pushing for those who don't not so much.

. People want choice, they want labels, want to maintain a simple right to know what they are putting in their mouths..

People already have choice anyone saying they don't is flat out lying.

U.S. organic food sales exceeded $26.7 billion in 2010.

www.foodquality.com...

$26.7 billion which is almost double of Mosantos income revenue

en.wikipedia.org...

if this product is so good, so amazing they ought to be able to flourish without the help of the government shouldn't they?

Interesting comment to make as that doesn't work for people.

Or is cronyism now okay in your eyes? The revolving door between government and corporations is okay with you? The irony is thick around here.

No not irony hypocrisy as other state sponsored corporate cronyism is well known.

And as I stated before, burning the crops IMO was not okay, not at all.

It's not.

Is anyone at breitard a political candidate or are they a Party affiliation?

No name is allowed to be altered from my understanding.
edit on 24-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

IDK ! Phage always makes great sense.
I hate Mansanto but what if they were the only way the
planet is capable of feeding humanity someday ?

Will all those who burned them out look back and regret, seeing their big mistake ?
No, they'll just starve. Somethings can't be thought over to much, that's for sure.
edit on 24-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Organic Consumer Association

Organically certified products are supposed to be, by definition, free of
GMOs, according to the newly adopted USDA standards. Some retailers are
having a hard time ensuring that their suppliers are really GMO-free. Others
don't want to make it a rallying point.

Pat St. John, vice president of marketing for Trader Joe's West Coast
division in South Pasadena, Calif., said the chain sources organic products
whenever possible, and objects to being targeted by Greenpeace for selling
GM foods, "when 60% to 70% of the food on anybody's shelf is likely to
contain GMOs. "We don't carry, nor do we claim to carry, GMO-free
products. It is a goal of ours, but due to certain standards, we are unable
to guarantee it at this point," St. John said. "Trader Joe's is not going to
say we aim to do something that we are not sure we will ever be able to
do.² Regarding labeling, St. John said, "The state of the industry right
now is very much in flux, and even well-meaning people are finding it very
difficult. [For GMOs,] if the FDA, or USDA choose to mandate labeling, they
will have to agree on what the labeling will be. To test down to the zero
percent is impossible now.

Why is it nearly impossible to claim GMO-free? Because of cross pollination. Not only is exercising choice difficult... that impossibility to declare 100% gmo-free is going to hurt organic farmers, who will lose the highly marketable Organic label. It's more expensive to grow organic food, if they can't label the food organic and get the cost recovery what will be the point in continuing, organic farmers will be paying out of pocket to provide organic food.

No not irony hypocrisy as other state sponsored corporate cronyism is well known.

What hypocrisy? If you ever bothered to read my threads for their content instead of cherry picking to engage in left/right arguments or corporate/anti-corporate arguments, you would know that I don't condone any cronyism, whether state sponsored corporate cronyism or corporate sponsored state cronyism. It's all bad.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

IDK ! Phage always makes great sense.
I hate Mansanto but what if they were the only way the
planet is capable of feeding humanity someday ?

Will all those who burned them out look back and regret, seeing their big mistake ?
No, they'll just starve. Somethings can't be thought over to much, that's for sure.
edit on 24-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I think that Monsanto will cause our dependance on them. I think they need to be shut down myself, just because of all the chemicals they are creating and their bullyish attitude towards those who fail to agree with their products.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Why is it nearly impossible to claim GMO-free? Because of cross pollination. Not only is exercising choice difficult... that impossibility to declare 100% gmo-free is going to hurt organic farmers, who will lose the highly marketable Organic label. It's more expensive to grow organic food, if they can't label the food organic and get the cost recovery what will be the point in continuing, organic farmers will be paying out of pocket to provide organic food.

More expensive to grow organic?

Who knew it's expensive to do anything in this country by its biggest obstacle that is not Mosanto or GMO it's government and it's agencies like the EPA.

What hypocrisy? If you ever bothered to read my threads for their content instead of cherry picking to engage in left/right arguments or corporate/anti-corporate arguments, you would know that I don't condone any cronyism, whether state sponsored corporate cronyism or corporate sponsored state cronyism. It's all bad.

Uh that earlier Food stamp comment is cronyism corporate subsidy,banking subsidy, and argicultural subsidy all roled in to one that even Mosanto makes money off of.

So yeah HYPOCRISY.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So yeah HYPOCRISY.

On your part, not mine... you're the one defending a corporation that engages in cronyism, not me.

And even without regulation or standards, it is more expensive to farm without pesticides...
edit on 24-6-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Why is it nearly impossible to claim GMO-free? Because of cross pollination.
Not really. Certifying organic produce is not that much of a problem.

It has more to do with the fact that the ingredients for prepared foods come from a variety of sources. There may be non-GMO corn along with GMO corn in that corn meal. In order to "certify" that a product is GMO free it is necessary to trace each one of those sources. That is what St. John and others in that article are talking about. Notice that not one of them mentions cross pollination being a problem.

edit on 6/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Oh please. Save your Corporate Worship for church. Hey Mr. I blame the poor and hate Food Stamps, you realize that Monsanto drops one the highest lobbying amounts 8.8 million in 2007 for the farm bill... lobbying for guess what? FOOD STAMPS! I even found a source you will love!

The Farm Bill is reapproved every five years; in the 2007 bill, the biggest lobbyists included the agriculture biotech giant Monsanto, which spent $8.8 million. Other large corporate lobbyists included American Farm Bureau, Kraft Foods, PepsiCo Inc., American Beverage Association, Tyson Foods, Coca-Cola Co, Wal-Mart Stores, and the GMA (Grocery Manufacturer Association).

breitard

On your part, not mine... you're the one defending a corporation that engages in cronyism, not me. And even without regulation or standards, it is more expensive to farm without pesticides..

So where does that money for Food stamps end up?

Corporate pockets be it to 'Mosantos' and supermarket chains and 'Jp Morgan's' all corporate cronyism,.

So no.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Certifying organic is not the difficult yet... but my reasoning is politically based and not scientific. This is not a company that plays well with others, I have a feeling that very soon organic farmers will come under heavy fire by the government, backed of course by Monsanto.

I know you are extremely rational, and I've grown to appreciate your comments on many things but I have to ask, doesn't it scare you even a little that one company is gaining such a hold of the world food supply?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So why are you defending Monsanto?

You're not making much sense here.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

So why are you defending Monsanto?

You're not making much sense here.

So what if I was?

Gonna come over and burn my garden down for it?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No. The term is used to separate those who destroy property from those who do not.

Now I guess it comes down to how you flip. Some might define ecoterrorists as those destroying the bioshpere that supports human and all other species on earth.
edit on 24-6-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join