It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I wonder, has the museum seen any recent additions to its equipment and infrastructure? Brian Cox, who is by all accounts, a jolly smart fellow, believes that vibration of some sort is responsible, and the object in question has been in the possession of the museum for eighty years, which means that whatever is causing the vibration is a new addition to the museum.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Do they have night footage of it? Maybe it reverses direction and resets to original position at night.

As for the mother ship, I just wanted to cover all bases for this ATS crowd.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It doesnt move without the foot traffic so the vibration causes the movement IMHO. Doesn't move at all after the heaviest part of the statue is facing the front edge of the case/stand.
I think it's a combo of a slightly flexing surface, floor vibration, uneven base on an ancient relic.
Cool find OP

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by DISRAELI
PS "Campbell is urging members of the public to come along and see for themselves".
Playing up the "spiritual" angle attracts curious visitors to the museum. The object of the exercise?

Agreed, it's most probably just a PR stunt by the museum to get more visitors in.

These objects and the other 80% of all Egyptian artefacts that are now in UK museums should be sent back to Egypt with a letter of apology.

What an easy way to fleece the public, errrr, make a killing. Open up some kinda shop or museum, videotape 'spooky' happenings and charge admission. Viola! Popularity, free advertisements in your local rag, and crowds of paying dupes.

Meanwhile, it's probably an uneven bottom and vibrations. Where's the Amazing Randi, this is right up his snarky alley.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Probably just PR ... They probably spent under a 1.000$ to make it spin and for the first paper to publish this story and will get X-times more $. Just a job well done.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I love Brian Cox and have a lot of respect for his intelligence ... however his explanation that the statues movement is down to 'vibration' seems a little weak and leaves other questions;

1/ If the movement of the statue has only started recently then why has it not been effected by foot / traffic vibration during the previous 80yrs that it has been at the museum ?

2/ If the movement of the statue is caused by foot / traffic vibration then why is said vibration not causing movement in any of the other objects in the display case ?

3/ If the movement of the statue is caused by foot / traffic vibration why does it not continue to turn past 180 degrees ?

Woody

edit on 23-6-2013 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

My thinking is, that the specific vibration which is effecting the statue is not from foot traffic, but has a potentially mechanical source. Also, the vibration must be of a type, speed, and strength which is so subtle, that it only effects that one item. Its a little like when you leave some freshly washed glasses on the draining board to dry, and have the washing machine under the counter turned on as well. Maybe only the small glasses actually move around the draining board, even though the vibration passes through all the items on the draining board.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I googled "Osiris turns his back"Link

This reads like a pagan chant, with differing persons speaking different roles. But Osiris turns his back on the "Lady of All". In so doing, he turns his back on his own family as well. This gives the impression that Osiris is giving responsibility of the lower deities to vanquish his enemies, thus allowing him to turn back around to see Peace.

I can only find "The Lady of All" title in Christian religious texts, as Mary. Then I found this text. Seems the Mother is quite literally that, The Mother.

Now, someone do some mapping. What is this offering to Osiris turning its back on?

Oh yes, in turning his back to her he is facing West.
edit on 23-6-2013 by SeenAlot because: Cause I wasn't done, yet

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hey there TrueBrit,

I see your point but I especially like your suggestion in your earlier post (top of page 3) about the potential vibration being caused by a new addition to the museum ... I too would be really interested in knowing that ... if this is the case then we may be on the threshold of a new discovery concerning ancient methods of movement via directional vibration / resonance etc.

This little statue may have accidently revealed an ancient secret. (I do hope so)

Woody

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

Excellent post...Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Two obvious questions are;
Why would a "curse" wait for more than eighty years before being activated?
And why would a curse choose that way to show itself? "I'm going to wreak terrible revenge on them by turning round in a circle"- doesn't really work.
Exactly what I was thinking.Why now is it moving all of a sudden?Is there some kind of message being sent at this particular time in history?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
very strange

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Well its either an ancient secret, or an accident of physics, like the draining board example. I wonder if there are any ultrasound producing bits of equipment in the building, for example. Or they may have changed the position or type of airconditioner they are using in the building, which may be just slightly out of alignment causing sympathetic vibrations...

There are all sorts of possibilites as to cause, but if I was a betting man, I would go with equipment changes causing this particular object to move. A thought occurs. If it is something to do with a rogue vibration, the museum ought to be very careful to eliminate it. The place contains some very important artifacts after all, and some delicate ones.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Dirty squirrel cage in ac causing vibrations and ac shutoff at night
Or hidden piezoelectric element triggered by dayshift employee. Manager trying to attract more visitors .

Or

Time to learn how to bake bricks without straw. Practice monolithic
Construction technics. Get ready to be whipped by a slave master

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
As much as I'd like to think that there is some supernatural explanation, a part of me wonders if their might be a more banal explanation.

But, I'll still try to disprove my suspicions by asking a few questions (based on some explanations given in the comments sections of daily website)

One person said: the vibrations have caused the statue to move. Rebuttal: why only that statue? And why now? It's been there for 80 years and this had never happened before. From what we know, its the same glass casing. And only one statue - not any others - is moving.

I'm not saying a logical explanation is out of the question, but I really do hate - deep down - those skeptics who categorically refuse explanations that don't fit their (unacknowledged and incomplete) worldview.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

Are you saying this statue is symbolically representing Osiris "turning his back"?

A more whimsical part of me wonders: perhaps this "turning it's back" is designed to have the same effect of a synchronicity. We live in such a skeptical world nowadays. Doubt, pervading doubt, permeates all our higher learning institutions. Osiris (higher wisdom) turning it's back bamboozles the experts, who will never accept any explanation other than a materialistic one.

One wonders whether Belief might be a real unifying force.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Not necessarily, a high enough ferrous content combined with a surface with a low friction co-efficient(like some types of glass) could quite feasibly generate movement.

the co-efficient of friction is determined between two materials, not one. the surface area at the base, the weight of the statue, and the texture of the material make this unfeasible.

vibration as the cause is also not possible. it would have to rely on an uneven weight distribution in the statue combined with a slope. it's rotation would not be so uniform, and constant vibrations from visitors would still make it move slightly even when it is facing it's preferred direction.

in other words, instead of the statue rotating from a uniform fixed point, it would both rotate AND slide (without a slope there would be no disparity to correct). even after the statue finished rotating, it would continue to slide with the heaviest side facing the direction of tangential motion. this is not what we see. it rotates and stops. highly unlikely to be the product of vibrations and uneven distribution of mass.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What a delightful mystery. Here we have actual film of a small statuette turning anticlockwise within a 72 hour period. It seems only to move during the day when there is activity, more outside the museum than in it.

The cause has to be a vibration that minutely 'rocks' the statuette slowly about its center, where its base is not 100% flat (as an earlier poster remarked) and has a slight 'bump' in the middle. The question to ask is, where is the energy coming from that is making the statuette move?

I doubt 'foot traffic' would provide enough energy through the walls and floors, as those would absorb the energy from people. Passing heavy vehicles could provide temporary jolts to the building, but also local construction or digging projects (for instance, a pneumatic drill?) might do so. The museum building itself, the materials the floor is made of would give aid to the movement through easy transmission of strong vibrational energy, especially if the floors are covered-over wood?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Very cool find. I watched the video earlier in the day, and it looks to me like it is only moving when there is daylight (when people are there too), but no movement at nighttime. Maybe daytime/light has something to do with it?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Interesting concept but that article is horribly written.

2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join