Silver Makes Antibiotics Thousands of Times More Effective

page: 2
17
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The blue man is a fraud, lol, there would be so many more people turning blue if he is to be believed. Colloidal silver is awesome.

Also, gold is great for getting rid of styes, just rub it on the stye and it's gone.




posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That guy whos face turned blue/gray did so because he started rubbing very strong concentrations of ionic silver into his skin and here is the strange part, when he noticed his skin starting to turn blue he wanted to make it more blue ie he is a bit of a nutter!



posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580
 


How many people do you know of that actually have had their skin turn bluish grey? I only know of the one man with the white beard...who is to say that he wasn't used by the FDA and big pharm as a pawn so people wouldn't use this product. As of right now they can't make any money off of it so it makes sense to me. Remember their is no money in something that can cure ailments. the money is in the treatment.



posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
www.scientificamerican.com...


Well now. Haven't people on ATS been extolling the virtues of colloidal silver for a while now?
And guess what folks. Now we have some Science to be back those claims up.


Like werewolves and vampires, bacteria have a weakness: silver. The precious metal has been used to fight infection for thousands of years — Hippocrates first described its antimicrobial properties in 400 bc — but how it works has been a mystery. Now, a team led by James Collins, a biomedical engineer at Boston University in Massachusetts, has described how silver can disrupt bacteria, and shown that the ancient treatment could help to deal with the thoroughly modern scourge of antibiotic resistance. The work is published today in Science Translational Medicine.

“Resistance is growing, while the number of new antibiotics in development is dropping,” says Collins. “We wanted to find a way to make what we have work better.”

Collins and his team found that silver — in the form of dissolved ions — attacks bacterial cells in two main ways: it makes the cell membrane more permeable, and it interferes with the cell’s metabolism, leading to the overproduction of reactive, and often toxic, oxygen compounds. Both mechanisms could potentially be harnessed to make today’s antibiotics more effective against resistant bacteria, Collins says.


But I have a question. Anyone have their skin turn gray from taking too much silver?


This guy did:

scienceblogs.com...



posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Quite Ironic when people say you need a few tens PPM in water of Silver and it is fantastic... yet a post on the same page of SnT on ATS is about the dangerously high levels of florid (typically 1PPM) in water.

Silver like Fluoride has been show to help fight bacteria, however in the case of Silver, drinking it in a tonic is still somewhat dubious, and it is noted that Silver is most useful for keeping surfaces clean and bacteria free. Doctors in days of old would have clothes made with silver threads within the fabric, the idea being to stop the transfer of bacteria from patient to patient.

So please, like all things, in context.

about 95% of all chemical elements in the periodic table are harmful, most chemicals derived from them have good and bad effects on the human body... simply saying "X is wonderful... take it" is somewhat bad advice.



posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There are just too many other methods of remaining healthy and warding off infection than running the risk of turning into a smurf.



posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 

Unless you're a member of the "Blue Man Group", in which case looking like a smurf could save you money on body paint.


However it seems like more of a purple in this guy's case:
scienceblogs.com...



posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Most conductive metals do the same thing to bacteria. Copper can cause wilsons disease though and the mercury in unpure gold long ago caused porphyria. Lead poisoning was probably porphyria also. Silver can cause some problems but I am not aware of any specific genetic disease associated with it's use.

I am guessing that they are giving the antibiotic and silver together which is not the same as taking silver all the time. I'm neutral about silver...I haven't ran across a lot of official research about it yet. I'll probably find some someday.



posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


I did a lot of research on CS. Papa Smurf came up all the time. For a start the way he prepared his concoction was way off. In fact he was not making CS rather he made silver particles in suspension.

He took it for 8 months at around 1 thousand times the recommended daily dose.

He is the greatest living example of how safe CS is. Take 1 thousand times the daily dose of any drug and see how long you live for. He does the talk show circuit now and makes lots of money, paid for by big pharma who do not want you to know about it let alone use it. At a few cents per dose they don't want anyone to use it.

Proper research has been done but big pharma tries to bury it.

Sometimes all you need to do is to watch what big pharma try to eradicate.

CS is in their top ten.

P



posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358
 


I see Silver as a lot more valuable metal than gold. It has some great health benefits if proper procedure is followed. I prefer to get my silver from eating off of silverware, what a waste to have the silverware sitting in a box in the closet. Silver is an excellent anti-microbial and of all the people who own silverplate, most keep it in a closet in it's box. Don't people understand why silverware was collected? It is possible to get overdosed from silverplate if you are using it to stir acid foods, using stainless steel in cooking is preferred. I see that silver can have some neurological effects if overconsumed, this is why people clean their silver to remove the oxides.

Bacteria can not grow well in contact with silver, but can grow on stainless steel. Rinsing out your stainless pots after cooking is essential so they do not get a coat of the aflotoxins bound to them. The chemicals that bacteria make can give a funny smell to stainless steel and that smell goes into your next recipe. It's easier to wash your pots later if you do that anyway.

The properties of silver have been known for thousands of years. I would rather eat with our silverware than start buying pills
I can't say if my assumption is right about eating with silverware is correct, but I have not turned blue.



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

[i

But I have a question. Anyone have their skin turn gray from taking too much silver?


you remind me of pavlovs dogs which were trained to salivate when a bell was rung.

in this case silver is mentioned and you automatically talk about skin turning gray.just like you have been conditioned.

the sad thing is you are not even aware of it.



new topics
top topics
 
17
<< 1   >>

log in

join