It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox With Its Head Stuck In A Jar Approaches 2 Men For Help (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Great little clip with a happy ending. Thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca

reply to post by Tlexlapoca

Please explain your argument:

Good thing they WEREN'T American Police....

]

You are telling ME...the OP...to stay ON TOPIC???

Hahaha, you make me laugh...

Good thing you bottled your argumentation into nothing more than a defensive strategy.

Now...go and help a poor animal that is trapped somewhere or caught in something.

I have helped many animals and not only have they've "been trapped or something" but they have been badly wounded by groups of people who were either armed or just because they feel the need to beat something up, like for example cops and they still do. But i never say it like if it was just a joke, because its no laughing matter. I help them with pleasure and wont regret it ever.

I know your the OP and you take this response as a "defensive strategy" but the reason i said lets stay on topic was because i knew it would just become a never ending complaint about bad cops good cops and the end result would be T&C. if you still think that every response ive given you is just an argument then i resent completely ever responding to this thread

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So why can't you delete your original post?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So why can't you delete your original post?

:shk: i just read your last response saying that "Im just a poor member that started a debate" trying to make me look like a fool. so forget about me saying that you were a good man for posting this and yes i completely resent posting on your thread and will probably never post on any other of your other threads again

so as a last response to your question is NO i CANNOT delete original post because you've been a member here since 2011 and you know quite well that their is only a 4 hour limit to edit or delete any post within the last 4 hours, this argument is taking us nowhere, you keep saying "defensive" why did you even start arguing with me in the 1st place? Goodbye

edit on 21-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Once again, stop being so defensive and save a poor animal like this one:

edit on 21-6-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think it was more interesting that a wild fox knew humans were smart enough and charitable enough to remove the jar without consequence. Thats intelligence right thurr!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Animals sometimes get lucky. They have to run into the right person, otherwise sometimes the outcomes are not so pleasing to the heart.

Sometimes an animal will seek help from a human, even when its injuries or ailments are a direct result of not just human carelessness, but callousness. I remember when I was much younger, when we lived in a semi detatched house, and my father was still in the family, I had been home after school for a few hours, and dusk was just setting in. I was sitting in the living room, watching Star Trek TNG, and I heard a small noise from outside our front door.

I stood up, turned my back on Patrick Stewart (which was kind of a big deal in and of itself), and went to the door, and when I opened it there was a black cat standing in our porch. I was approximately a quater of the way through the "aww! " reaction to the presence of a cat, when I realised that all was not well with the moggy. One side of his face was normal, but I noticed that he was looking at me out of one side of his face, which seemed odd because being a predator animal, most cats stare straight ahead.

On approaching the cat, he dashed into a bush, in which he stayed for a time. I asked my mother if I could get some chicken and a spot of milk for him, and after some negotiation I managed to secure these items, and placed them just outside our door. I fetched a stool and waited, watching. When the cat came out of the bush, to investigate the food, I saw that one of its eyes was encrusted with pus, infected all to hell.

It took two evenings of feedings of this nature, before he would come into the house. We called him Sooty, we bathed him and de-flead him (he was RIFE with them), and monitored the condition of his eye. We fed him and housed him for two weeks. We were dirt poor at the time, and though we would have loved to keep him, we had to hand him over to the Cats Protection League, so that he could be treated. Turned out he had been shot with an air rifle, and the pellet was lodged in his occular cavity, behind the ruined eyeball, which was causing the infection.

Because we couldnt afford to pay for the surgery, and because the CPL had a policy where rescued cats cannot be given to thier rescuers if thier is a serious and deliberate injury to the animal, due to the fact that no matter how nice the rescuer might seem, they could easily have perpetrated the injury, and be asking for free treatment by deceit, we couldnt get them to give him back.

I knew who had done it, a little bastard that lived in one of the houses whose back garden backed onto the alley way behind our own garden. He had shown off his pellet gun to me on several occasions, and was a seriously twisted little git at the best of times. I am glad that I was able to help Sooty out, and that he had the sense to come to our house, of all the ones on our street.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Very heart warming of you to do that nice deed.
Kudos to you and your family

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Its just what you do. I would not walk past a person in distress, and I extend that same protectioin to animals when ever I happen across one which is in dire straights. Thing that aggravates me, is in that two weeks, we discovered that a) my mother is allergic to cat hair and b) I really love having a cat about the place. Im twenty eight, still living with my mother, and although I have grown up and have a job and all that, I still cannot afford to move out, and so I still havent got a cat of my own.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Having a cat is another mouth to feed and take care of. But cats are less expensive and time consuming to care of than that of owning a dog.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I LOVE looking after cats. My friend used to get me to stay at her place when she and her fella went on holiday, purely to keep her cat, April, company. I loved that cat to bits, and used to love staying over for the week, getting in from work and having a purring furball jump into my lap the moment I sat down, falling asleep, then waking up to find April asleep on my chest. I used to love her eating sounds, and all that stuff meant I didnt care how much effort it was to clean out her litter tray, to clean the occasional hairball off the carpet.

Shes dead now, bless her. Had to be put down after she basically had a brain bleed behind the eye, followed by a stroke two weeks later. She was a lovely cat, and always made me feel welcome when at my friends place. It was a running gag between my friend and I, that when I was in the house, April was my cat, rather than hers. I was always buying food for her on the way to my friends place anyway lol.

I dont mind how much it costs to feed and home a cat. At the end of the day, if I remove that money from my own food budget, I probably wouldnt need to loose quite so many pounds as I could afford to get rid of right now lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

At the end of the day, if I remove that money from my own food budget, I probably wouldnt need to loose quite so many pounds as I could afford to get rid of right now lol.

Trust me, everyone can deserve to shed off a pound here and there....even my love handles deserve a little downsizing

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
That fox has about as much brains as my son in law who stuck his hand into the shoot of a snowblower to clear the shoot of snow while it was running.:shk:

Great video. The fox seemed to look back and imply "thank you" S&F
edit on 21-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

OP, I'm sorry for going off topic...but I really want to hear this story, rickymouse!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hmmm...

I think the fox may have been trying to avoid them. With his head in the jar, his view of the world would be horribly distorted. Probably so much so that his brain could not even understand what his eye's were telling him.

Or, maybe I'm just in a lousy mood today...?

Anyways, that cute lil happy saved fox can go and happily murder whole families of babby rodents in cold blood tearing them to little fluffy bloody bits with his mouth.

Yeah... I'm negative today. Best not be on ATS in moods like mine!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by rickymouse
That fox has about as much brains as my son in law who stuck his hand into the shoot of a snowblower to clear the shoot of snow while it was running.:shk:

Great video. The fox seemed to look back and imply "thank you" S&F
edit on 21-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

OP, I'm sorry for going off topic...but I really want to hear this story, rickymouse!

There is no story.
Part 1 - A Male
Part 2 - Power Tool

(I should take my advice to myself from above!)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Think about it though, it couldn't drink or eat. The poor thing would be dead in three days. It didn't have much option but to throw itself at the mercy of humans.

Russian Foxes are dumb. Russian Males are compassionate.

The poor fox was just hungry, and found an abandoned container (trash) with a bit of food left in the bottom. It didn't know it'd get stuck. Humanity does have redeemable qualities, especially after watching this one.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I gave my son in law my older John Deere snowblower, you know, the kind with just about every safety feature that exists in the world...He ducktaped the handle switch that stops the augers from turning when released. Then, while it was running he stuck his hand down in the impeller while clearing snow from the shoot and crushed two finger tips. There is also a manual auger release which he didn't disconnect either. About two grand worth of doctor bills later, he says he knows he did a dumb thing. I hate safety stuff sometimes but I usually always try to do things with the least amount of risk if possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That's such a nice story but of course someone littered the jar. It couldn't have gotten there any other way. If I buy something with those plastic rings (like a 6 pack of coke comes on) I cut each one before throwing away. They've been found around dolphins mouths. Can you imagine the suffering. So glad for these good Samaritans.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
What a heart warmer.

In the UK most of us I suspect would be very, very careful handling a fox, even small, that guy was amazing as indeed was the fox. Great video thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

What a story, and one that really strikes a chord with me! There was this cat that had lived in my apartment complex for quite some time before I ever moved in here with my future wife. She was an outside wanderer that was abandoned here about six years ago, and survived mainly off of peoples pity. We were one of those sets of people. We would let her in the house, feed her, and let her take a peaceful nap every now and then.

One day she showed up at the door with a huge knot on the side of her neck. She wasn't looking so good, so I let her go in our bedroom and curl up on the bed and sleep while my wife was at work. I was so afraid of two things during this time. A) she was gonna die right there on our bed. B) my wife was gonna be furious when she got home from work and a dying cat was dying on our bed.

She got home from work that night, and I took her in the bedroom to see the cat, and she immediately said we had to take her somewhere to get her some help. We are not wealthy people, we both work a lot to have what we have, and back especially back then spare money was few and far between.

We took her to an emergency vet and the doctor told us it was more than likely and infection from another cats bite. He had to lance it open, drain it, and put a tube in it so it would dry out and heal properly. It cost $300 dollars that we didn't necessarily have, but I never fretted over the money. We did the right thing, and dang it, that night we added an addition to our small family. She has been our cat ever since. We even went to the office and formally adopted her. We love that cat like she is our child, which she is.

I'm not sure exactly how we came about the name, Tooty, but it was something we started calling her for whatever reason, and it stuck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join