It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why in some religions people are not allowed to eat pork?Is it because they are indoctrinated by th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Nope, I have never tasted it but there are many articles on the net that say that human flesh is similar to pork.
This is very interesting,I wonder how an article does taste like.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

I have heard burning human flesh, smells very much like cooked pork. I have also read accounts of war veterans who cant stomach pork for that very reason.
You are right from this point of view but from the point of view of so many nations I don't think it applies.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I hope they never start making catfood out of mice....I'd be paranoid.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I think it may have something to do with human meat and pork having similar taste

Human Flavored Tofu

If you've never had human flesh before, think of the taste and texture of beef, except a little sweeter in taste and a little softer in texture. Contrary to popular belief, people do not taste like pork or chicken.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Pigs that were farmed back in the days of the old testiment and the Quran were alot different than ours. People had their own cattle for their own personal use, pigs used to roam around the land that was owned by the owner and ate what was available. Goats, cows, sheep etc used to eat the grass, pigs used to eat anything and everything (including their waste) thats the reason.
I guess we have evolved since then,aren't we?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Yes we have, but we are not going to re-edit holy books for the sake of our own advancement. As a whole, alot of mankind are believers in religions. Keep in mind alot of people believe their religious beliefs out of choice, not everyone is brainwashed into it. Yes, in some places they are, but there is very little advantage in changing religious scripture to allow pork consumption, in comparison to the chaos it would cause.

If people don't want to eat pork, don't force them to eat pork. It's like forcing a vegetarian to eat meat, let people eat what they want (as long as it isn't human
:lol

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I think it may have something to do with human meat and pork having similar taste

Human Flavored Tofu

If you've never had human flesh before, think of the taste and texture of beef, except a little sweeter in taste and a little softer in texture. Contrary to popular belief, people do not taste like pork or chicken.

Sounds like they are promoting a product
A little sweeter in taste and softer in texture...That is pork

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

If people don't want to eat pork, don't force them to eat pork. It's like forcing a vegetarian to eat meat, let people eat what they want (as long as it isn't human)
You are right about that,but in the most majority of the cases even if they want they are afraid to,and this is one of the reasons why fear can bring wars.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I just hope if there's a God it isn't a vegan. If so, we're probably screwed.
Plants and animals were left on Earth by God to be consumed by man.

Because else they wouldn't existed,neither do we.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I thought it was both Arab and Jew who didn't eat Pork. Wouldn't be surprised if it was not as an earlier poster suggested trickinosis or the humble tapeworm that proved the dividing line or simply bad cooking habits.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there were two groups of Canaanites: one living at the top of the hill, either ate it or didn't and the group living at the bottom of the hill, were the opposite and that was the only distinguishing feature between the two and it started from something as simple as that. Although I do see the emphasis on pigs being considered unclean animals by some. This always amuses me a little because so many animals and fish feed off others of their own and other species.

Funnily enough I have always noted that Jewish cooks like Nigella happen to cook pork with great relish and good recipes. I feel sorry for the bacon sandwich, the roast port with cracking and the belly pork barbecue abstainers they really are unlucky IMHO.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by magma

In the days when the rules were made up they had no refrigeration.
And in the days of refrigeration.....?

Meat is less likely to make simple folk sick.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Sounds like they are promoting a product

They are. my ATS thread from 2005
They sell human flavored tofu.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Historically I think that it had to do with trichinosis. So if you ate pork, you got trichinosis. That's why it was declared unclean.

Prions: scrapie

Bluetongue virus particle
Viruses: foot-and-mouth disease, bluetongue disease, maedi-visna, orf, tick-borne encephalomyelitis, peste-des-petits-ruminants virus, sheeppox and goatpox
Bacteria: blackleg, foot rot, caprine pleuropneumonia, contagious bovine pleuropneumonia, chlamydiosis, Johne's disease, listeriosis, fleece rot

A sheep showing clinical symptoms of facial eczema
Funguses: Facial eczema
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

All religious rules come from a distillation of religious stories through the centuries, controlled by various interests throughout history. Every religious text has been rewritten and edited hundreds if not thousands of times, each to suit the goals of those doing the editing.

Throughout this process, certain rules are highlighted and others are forgotten. Just look at Christianity and Catholicism, there are millions of them who stick to the homophobic belief about gay people, while conveniently choosing to ignore the rules about shellfish, hair cutting, slavery, sexism... these are all there in the Bible, but these are not the best excuses for controlling others or trying to inflict opinion onto them.

Sexuality is a driving force, so being able to dictate what is and is not acceptable is a powerful thing for the religious to hold over others. Forcing people to own slaves is not going to do help the cause, while giving people a sense of superiority over others when it comes to sexuality is a perfect tool for indoctrination.

These little religious myths and doctrines are just relics of a long-forgotten story, distilled and refined into a mess of controlling words for the latest freaks who want to control other delusional fools.

As for this one specifically, who knows where it came from? It could just be that those who had the authority to edit a specific religious text were also sheep farmers, and they saw an opportunity to put their competition (pig farmers) out of business.

Remember, when most of these texts were being rewritten and edited, the majority of the population could neither read nor write, they were relying on a powerful minority of ancient politicians to tell them what their "holy book" said. Those people had immense power through this, and they abused it for their own gain.

The same happens today, with religious preachers of all breeds dictating to their followers what the "translation" of something actually means.

Sheeple incapable of taking responsibility for themselves are wiling and able to believe any BS story, especially when it gives them a sense of being "superior".
edit on 21-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Meat is less likely to make simple folk sick.
But still they don't eat pork for religious reasons although they have refrigerators,like they eat sheep meat because they have refrigerators.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Remember, when most of these texts were being rewritten and edited, the majority of the population could neither read nor write, they were relying on a powerful minority of ancient politicians to tell them what their "holy book" said. Those people had immense power through this, and they abused it for their own gain.

The same happens today, with religious preachers of all breeds dictating to their followers what the "translation" of something actually means.

Sheeple incapable of taking responsibility for themselves are wiling and able to believe any BS story, especially when it gives them a sense of being "superior".
I thought we have evolved.

So,Sheeple eat sheep,and Sheeple eat pork,so what they have in common?Religion?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I can't see how they can make Tofu taste like anything different than Tofu. I hate Tofu, I suppose that means I would hate eating Humans

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I feel bad for those who can't eat pork. They'll never know just how awesome BACON is.
BACON! yum yum yum Makes me glad that I don't belong to a man-made organized religion
that forbids eating BACON. mmmmm bacon ...
Tell me FlyersFan if pork will be banned in the US what do you think will happen?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

I feel bad for those who can't eat pork. They'll never know just how awesome BACON is.
BACON! yum yum yum Makes me glad that I don't belong to a man-made organized religion
that forbids eating BACON. mmmmm bacon ...
Tell me FlyersFan if pork will be banned in the US what do you think will happen?

Bacon banned
Time for a revolution.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Early pagans then christians must have started a rumour about the dangers of eating pork.

I mean, can you imagine them around a campfire, eating a porkroast and bacon and laughing at everyone refusing to eat it?

Wouldn't that be the ultimate prank?
Getting entire religions off your favourite chop!

(psssssssst, God says it's a really bad idea to eat prime rib now. He says it's unclean. Pigs are still a no-no, but clams, broccolli, and oliveloaf is okay!
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join