It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why in some religions people are not allowed to eat pork?Is it because they are indoctrinated by th

page: 5
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
One word. Trichinosis.

Most likely back in the day the religious authorities realized that pork eaters developed Trichinosis where those that didn't would not get the disease. Easy enough to make it a religious law not to eat pork and problem solved.


Anyone who ate undercooked foods could get a bug. It happens with beef as much with pork. Beef back in the day were smaller, about the size of a fat whitetail deer. More wild than domestic in nature. Just as likely to harbor bugs as a pig.

The pork issue seems to be an area of great misunderstanding. The old books also didn't allow foods such as catfish, shrimp, crabs, lobsters, turkeys, turtles, etc. We don't see people making a huge fuss over those food items now, do we?

The old ways are just that, old. There was a reason many years ago, but that reason isn't apparent now...other than the pig and organ issue.

The same people who shun pork have no issues stuffing shellfish down their throats. All the while damning those pork eaters. People see pork as unclean and really have no reason why they do (but they eat their own poop - all animals eat their own poop). News nugget: Most popular seafood are in the bug class. Shrimps are the roaches of the sea.

So many have double standards just because they like to repeat what they hear. People now, have a hard time thinking for themselves. They always want to belong to a certain group.

That is the main reason why people don't eat pig IMO.




posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty
 

You're right, but there's more to it. Read my post just above yours.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

Originally posted by ntech
One word. Trichinosis.

Most likely back in the day the religious authorities realized that pork eaters developed Trichinosis where those that didn't would not get the disease. Easy enough to make it a religious law not to eat pork and problem solved.


Anyone who ate undercooked foods could get a bug. It happens with beef as much with pork. Beef back in the day were smaller, about the size of a fat whitetail deer. More wild than domestic in nature. Just as likely to harbor bugs as a pig.

Ummm no, it's not. The worms do not live in beef meat, only pork. So you are 100% wrong.


The pork issue seems to be an area of great misunderstanding. The old books also didn't allow foods such as catfish, shrimp, crabs, lobsters, turkeys, turtles, etc. We don't see people making a huge fuss over those food items now, do we?

Not sure how many of those creatures would have been available for consumption by the Israelites back then and so they may not have any place in the discussion.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Ummm no, it's not. The worms do not live in beef meat, only pork. So you are 100% wrong.
I said bug not that T stuff...so yes, I'm correct. Learn to read the print instead of thinking the world revolves around a single subject.

Not sure how many of those creatures would have been available for consumption by the Israelites back then and so they may not have any place in the discussion.
The old Testament stated which foods were OK during the exodus. The ones I described are/were forbidden, pork included. Modern Jewish people are torn on whether or not they can eat a turkey due to the fact it wasn't present in the old times. They are not sure if is 100% clean.

Get out and read a book or two.
edit on 22-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added stuff



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Why not just look uo the reasons on that net thing?
Then you could examine various rules from a range of faiths and analyse them and bring a thread that is not just a question that you could have answered yourself



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Ummm no, it's not. The worms do not live in beef meat, only pork. So you are 100% wrong.
I said bug not that T stuff...so yes, I'm correct. Learn to read the print instead of thinking the world revolves around a single subject.

Not sure how many of those creatures would have been available for consumption by the Israelites back then and so they may not have any place in the discussion.
The old Testament stated which foods were OK during the exodus. The ones I described are/were forbidden, pork included. Modern Jewish people are torn on whether or not they can eat a turkey due to the fact it wasn't present in the old times. They are not sure if is 100% clean.

Get out and read a book or two.
edit on 22-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added stuff


So what bug do you mean since the only one being discussed here is that T stuff? Again, you are still wrong as pork has additional health hazards beef does not and you claimed they had the same hazards. I am probably far more well read than you on every subject there is, go insult someone else.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Ummm no, it's not. The worms do not live in beef meat, only pork. So you are 100% wrong.
I said bug not that T stuff...so yes, I'm correct. Learn to read the print instead of thinking the world revolves around a single subject.

Not sure how many of those creatures would have been available for consumption by the Israelites back then and so they may not have any place in the discussion.
The old Testament stated which foods were OK during the exodus. The ones I described are/were forbidden, pork included. Modern Jewish people are torn on whether or not they can eat a turkey due to the fact it wasn't present in the old times. They are not sure if is 100% clean.

Get out and read a book or two.
edit on 22-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added stuff


So what bug do you mean since the only one being discussed here is that T stuff? Again, you are still wrong as pork has additional health hazards beef does not and you claimed they had the same hazards. I am probably far more well read than you on every subject there is, go insult someone else.


People being brain warshed from eating certain foods, pork mainly, is the topic. I added more examples of to agree with the OP. I replied to your post because I think you are one of the brain washed people.

Fact - modern pork has less cholesterol than beef. Fact - you are now asked 'how do you want your pork steak cooked' in restaurants. Fact - raw beef can give you parasites. Fact - if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Fact - I eat raw pork (cold cured with spices - it's a Thai snack and goes great with beer).

Edit: Google the dangers of eating raw beef. Not going to waste my time doing it for you.


edit on 22-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: no time for googled info

edit on 22-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: beef



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech
 



One word. Trichinosis.
You mean like the Fourth Amendment?



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla
 



Then you could examine various rules from a range of faiths and analyse them and bring a thread that is not just a question that you could have answered yourself
Rules to eat food?

Rules to eat bacon?



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 

The idea that the sanction against eating pork is due to the danger of trichinosis infection is folklore, not science. Apart from diarrhoea (which may not occur, and which is common in primitive societies anyway), the symptoms of trichinosis take a week or more to appear. Primitive agriculturists were perhaps the sickest people in human history and prehistory; Their lifestyles and diets had many different ways of making them sick, often fatally. It is highly unlikely that they would have identified the delayed onset of the symptoms trichinosis with pork-eating and developed a sanction against that alone, when they were getting sick – and faster – from so many other illnessess.

I have given the real reason for the sanction in a post on the previous page. It is a bit more complicated than 'trichinosis' and 'unclean animal'.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Robertsy
 



You will find it probably had something to do with money and trade as someone else said pigs just roamed about the land freely, so if you could get a meal for free you would have no need to pay for some lamb,beef,chicken the stuff that was bred and farmed for sale.
Yes and something to do with food stamps,therefore next we will have pork stamps.




And I guess the governments and or rulers at the time probably had a lot of business tied up in that themselves....
Maybe but I guess that more reasonable it was the migration of the accountants at that time.

And also the accounting software was virused at that time.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs
 



Any wonder why they would think they were unclean?
So,like other poster(s) have said by eating pork you will become impure?

I mean your blood will become impure?

Well but I hardly can rember but I do about someone which believed that his nation is impure and because of this he tried to create a pure one.

At what cost?

Because for him those were impure peoples.

I wonder....if the history could repeat herself ,only this time from an opposite point of view,involving the pork as a second reason of political and financial wars.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 

The idea that the sanction against eating pork is due to the danger of trichinosis infection is folklore, not science. Apart from diarrhoea (which may not occur, and which is common in primitive societies anyway), the symptoms of trichinosis take a week or more to appear. Primitive agriculturists were perhaps the sickest people in human history and prehistory; Their lifestyles and diets had many different ways of making them sick, often fatally. It is highly unlikely that they would have identified the delayed onset of the symptoms trichinosis with pork-eating and developed a sanction against that alone, when they were getting sick – and faster – from so many other illnessess.

I have given the real reason for the sanction in a post on the previous page. It is a bit more complicated than 'trichinosis' and 'unclean animal'.


Oooorrrrrr God knows and that is why he commanded his people to not eat it. If you remove god, then the folklore answer is just as valid. What ancient people were able to discern is quite remarkable.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling
 



One more edit and i gotts go lie down a while.... but if you have RATTLERSNAKES ive hear that if you turn pigs loose to root your yard...the snakes will bite the pigs, and the pigs will eat the snakes without succombing to the pizen......its an old wifes tale i heard from my mom.....
Now that's what I call pure science and proof.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty
 



I have this dumb theory that pigs were once use to grow human replacement organs.
It is very possible,especially in the ancient Egypt,I guess a lot of proof was found,and the transplant was made by using laser surgery.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Its known that the meat of pig is full of diseases and parasites.
When a pig digest food, the toxins store in the meat and never leave the pig.
Thats why its Haram ore bad to eat that particular meat

Even the christian bible dictates this



Do a test of your own for example

Buy chicken, beef and pork. Put it in a bowl and pore coca cola on it. After a few hours the pork meat is full of maggots the others have no sign of it.



Pork related eye parasite
edit on 22-6-2013 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours
 



Its known that the meat of pig is full of diseases and parasites. When a pig digest food, the toxins store in the meat and never leave the pig. Thats why its Haram ore bad to eat that particular meat
You mean like the Science of religion?

I wonder if there will be no food left on Earth except pork what would you do?

You would sacrifice your companions because of religion?



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours
 



Its known that the meat of pig is full of diseases and parasites. When a pig digest food, the toxins store in the meat and never leave the pig. Thats why its Haram ore bad to eat that particular meat
You mean like the Science of religion?

I wonder if there will be no food left on Earth except pork what would you do?

You would sacrifice your companions because of religion?



No just science.

And if theres no food left on the earth, i would start to eat pork.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours
 


That 2nd video link is funny. 'They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.'

I agree that pork is nasty - smells of poo. But fearing false facts shouldn't be a reason not to eat it. If you hate pork, no need to justify your beliefs.



posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I feel bad for those who can't eat pork. They'll never know just how awesome BACON is.
BACON! yum yum yum Makes me glad that I don't belong to a man-made organized religion
that forbids eating BACON. mmmmm bacon ....


I do not agree with you often, but, bacon is great...too great....bad for the arteries and heart and just about every other organ in the body. and, my mouth waters thinking about a nice BLT...one of the top five sandwiches in my book.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join