It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alberta Flooding 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

sorry to hear about the loss of your vehicles/property, and thanks for the math, crazy numbers indeed! Keep us posted (I'm high and dry on vancouver island)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have lived in Calgary for 35 years and have never seen anything like this. The downtown is completely shut down and the cops are blocking all access to it. I can see all of this from my house as I live on a hill overlooking the city. The rain just won't stop. Southern Alberta is generally really dry so this is very unusual weather for us. It is also the first time I have ever heard of Canmore flooding as well. The military is here now and the road closures are climbing in number by the minute. They are advising people stay home no matter where you live in the City to try and keep any streets that are open available for emergency services. They have the mounted police on horseback patrolling the rivers edge trying to keep the idiots that will not stay away from causing even more emergencies. The rivers are flowing very fast with the combination of snow melt off from the mountains and the continuous rain. All this water in heading for the City of Medicine Hat where they have now declared a state of emergency as well. People are really rallying to the cause though and the donations of food and supplies keep coming for those that are displaced. I hope this rain slows down soon.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mipher

Stay safe mipher thanks for the post and (btw) welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Both the kitty and her owner in the above photo are safe. Story on those two:
www.cbc.ca...

In less bright news, three found floating, dead, in the flood waters.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I've topped this thread for the next few days.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

The City of Calgary has issued mandatory evacuation orders for 10 communities after massive flooding in the city and across southern Alberta. The communities of Mission, Elbow Park, Stanley Park, Roxboro, Rideau, Discovery Ridge, Victoria Park, Erlton, Cliff Bungalow and parts of Inglewood have been or are being evacuated.

This flooding has been engineered by the Obama administration.

It's an obvious false flag operation.

Most of these images are photoshopped. You can tell from the pixels.
edit on 21/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have lived in Calgary for 30 years and never seen anything like this.

It's crazy, the Bow is so high it's unreal.

There is an Enmax power station right off of Deerfoot after the Anderson merge that I thought was going under, but, it seems to have survived thus far.

I have taken several picture and I am going out tomorrow to get some more good ones. I will share them all here when I find the time.

Although there is a lot of destruction, you cannot help but sit back in awe of the power and beauty of mother nature.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Geez, that's just nutty! I have friends with young kids that live up there, I need to get in touch and make sure that they're okay right away. I didn't even know about this as I haven't been around tech stuff that much these past couple days. That's got to be terrible and I hope that everyone involved gets out okay and that not too many homes or properties are damaged from this.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
ATS Family,

I live(d) beside the river.... I lost everything. Everything.
All my pictures, computers, guitars, keyboards, turntables. All my daughters belongings. Clothes.

I'm typing here now... But I've died.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
ATS Family,

I live(d) beside the river.... I lost everything. Everything.
All my pictures, computers, guitars, keyboards, turntables. All my daughters belongings. Clothes.

I'm typing here now... But I've died.

Sorry for your loss, tthings are just things. Thank goodness you didn't lose the most precious thing in your life.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I was watching for you on these threads. I was worried - I had a feeling (because of the lack of posts), that you were badly effected.
I wish I could say something that would help to make it better, but that's not possible. It'll take time, family, and friends for that.

I'm glad you're physically ok......

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I feel awful for you.
Do you have a place to go?

I haven't watched the news today. Was watching CBC coverage last night until it started repeating.
I can't believe the saddledome flooded.

Its been raining very heavy here in Vancouver all week. My roof is leaking.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Calgarian we (Canada and ATS) all stand behind you and your province. You're a respected member here and that sucks about the guitar
(Humour may be the best bet for you) stay well brother.
edit on 22-6-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I am so sorry buddy. It really sucks......but take stock of the things you still have. Items can be replaced. When doors close other doors always open. The trick is to know what door to pick.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.Stay safe,keep your head up and your stick on the ice.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hey, as long as your daughter is ok, that's all that matters. Yes, pictures and memories are important, but they will always remain in your mind.

If you need anything, I'm in the far SE. I have couches and an extra bed, and loads of food; made a Costco run right before the flood.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
we are here for you, you and your daughter are okay, that is the main thing...Hang in there...you will get through this.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am a Calgarian, recently moved here from Ontario (Toronto region).

This flood has shut down a lot of public services, hotels are giving out frr rooms to people, others are allowing their homes to be shelter for others caught in the flood.

One thing I have noticed by the people of this city - they are strong at heart and people do not look at eachother as total strangers. This city has people from every walk of the planet, all colours, cultures, relgions etc.. Its a beautiful place with beautiful people. This flood is just a set back to us canadians, its not a horrific event.

Calgarians are strong people, willful people. We will get through this together as a large community. There is slight worry that things wont be cleared for the 'Calgary Stampede' - a ajor event annully in this city. Which makes the City alot of money - which it desperatly needs now.

The flood has damaged so much, even the Saddledome, which is where the Calgary Flames (NHL/Hockey) host their games. Lots of damage, lots of money gone.. And if the Stampede doesnt make it in time, it could hurt the cities finance even more.

But most of the city is in positive light, and still smiling
I live in the NE of the city, the region that was most safe from the flooding, as its further from the Bow River, the river which channels through Calgary.

Actually later in the day of the flood - there was a beautiful sky and sun shining. And today is even more beautiful. Many are working on fixing the flood issues and repairing where needed. The spirit of this great city is still high, a little water damage wont bring us down

Thanks for reporting this OP, I was going to today actually so you did me a favour

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You need more hope and spirit than that brother! Phsyical possessions isnt everything in this world. I understand your loss, your deffinately not the only person/family in the city.. I am lucky to be in the NE I know.

I am stationed at a starbucks in Rundle (Chapters) and the sun is shining over the city. IF you need a place to stay, U2U me and maybe I can help you brother
I'll do my best.

Canmore and other regions of Alberta (which is close to Bannf National Park) has had to evacate its small town I heard. The entire town got flooded. And they are surrounded by mountains! The closest town to anmore is Banff, which is jsut as small.

Many affected, but everyone is trying to do what they can do for the communities affected, and help others in anyway, while going to work and doing their thing.

Calgarian, my offer stands, I can try my best to help if you need it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join