It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mask ban: Canada's veiled protesters face 10 years' jail

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hmmm, well I guess that ends the Transgender Protests then,

Or do they make special "concessions" for Burqas and wigs/make up, etc????

Or do the legis even consider how broad this ridiculous law could be and easily abused? maybe next protest, everyone should don on either of the two...see where it goes,

We Know this is simply another means to penalize dissent, it's like So obvious,

It's the Idea BEHIND the Mask they want to silence,

Got news for them...since they don't listen well,

YOU CAN'T KILL THE IDEA.

Remove the masks, but the IDEAS that BURN IN THE HEART,

FREEDOM

They will NEVER

STAMP

OUT.

EVER.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Since the Fascists don't like Masks, except their own the lying murdering dogs,

Maybe then,

protesters should get FREEDOM

TATOOTED on their FACES instead,

The entire mask, Painted via Tattoo,

Ya know they keep pushing,

All it will do is force FREEDOM Defenders to get more creative,

We are NOT going to BOW to their Luciferian Lord. Period.

This Totalitarian World THUG Order is pissing me and more people I talk to, off more and more,

And we (those I talk to) are old folk,

The Young might be Pacified for the time being, but they WILL WAKE UP

When they do,

The THUGS had better run, because those Jails will be bursting at the seams,

Here's what the thugs don't get,

In other totalitarian regimes, They had the "hope" that one day, another Country would put pressure on, etc., via sanctions, international condemnation, etc., there was always that HOPE

WHEN that HOPE is gone, and the Worlds OPPRESSED KNOW IT

There will be nothing else to lose,

This isn't just One frog in the pot, this is Billions of frogs in the pot,

Many of whom could very well be Poisonous Dart Frogs,

Just saying.

Poli philosophy and revolution studies 101, not magic or rocket science,

And the MORE they KILL the Hearts who hold dear the IDEAS of FREEDOM

The MORE those IDEAS will GROW,

Unless they plan on Fencing in the entire globe, in other words,

You can corner a rat for so long, a thousand rats, but eventually,

Those Rats are going to turn vicious, and not having Any escape but death, they'll claw and fight, they might claw each other which is Probably what the Elite Glorifed THUGS are engineering,

But there's only so much devouring of one another until the attention is turned onto the Spectators,

The assholes sitting on the sidelines having their gleeful laugh, ther is Always a Remnant, Always.

That too, is History, 101...

Just an observation.
edit on 21-6-2013 by ThreeBears because: Addition

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If any Hosers give ya any trouble,,just tell'em your on your way to a hockey game

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

What if people say their just wearing mini burquas? Isn't there like religious freedom up in Canada, eh?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hello guys,

Just be smart, they don't let you use mask, so paint your faces with the mask shape

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Everybody in Canada should wear a Burkha

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

rt.com

A new Canadian law forbids people from wearing a mask or covering their face during a riot or so-called “unlawful assembly” in the country. The law carries a maximum ten-year sentence for anyone convicted of physically concealing their identity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Stanley cup riots in Vancouver, remember?

so..what's wrong with this new law? who told you have the right to conceal your identity? who told you have a right of free speech when you go around doing the Stanley cup idiotic riots? every single one of those involved in the Stanley cup riots 2011 must be sent right to jail, lose their free speech (because they abused that right when they started damaging the whole town) and put on probation for 10 years.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BristolStew

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

rt.com

A new Canadian law forbids people from wearing a mask or covering their face during a riot or so-called “unlawful assembly” in the country. The law carries a maximum ten-year sentence for anyone convicted of physically concealing their identity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Stanley cup riots in Vancouver, remember?

so..what's wrong with this new law? who told you have the right to conceal your identity? who told you have a right of free speech when you go around doing the Stanley cup idiotic riots? every single one of those involved in the Stanley cup riots 2011 must be sent right to jail, lose their free speech (because they abused that right when they started damaging the whole town) and put on probation for 10 years.

This isn't about the riots in Vancouver... They weren't wearing masks then... This law is stupid. Sure, some people will protest just to riot and wreck stuff but that doesn't mean everyone wants to. I didn't wear my Guy Fawkes mask to the Monsanto protest to hide my identity. I wore it to show my support for Anonymous. We didn't riot or cause havoc of any kind. So why should I face 10 years for peacefully protesting just because I wore a mask which symbolizes our modern march for freedom?? This is just a clear attack against liberty. I live in a democracy, therefore I have the CIVIL RIGHT TO PROTEST. If I want to wear a mask, or a hood, or just a thong then so be it. My mask doesn't light cars on fire or throw rocks at police. My mask doesn't throw garbage cans through shop windows. My mask does nothing except show that I support Anonymous. Clearly, the Canadian government doesn't want me to be friends with them...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My guess is they don't want anything confounding their expensive facial recognition and tracking systems. Why else would it matter?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I was wondering about the Muslims in Canada and about their Burquas, but I bet thats a "protected right".

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

someone said "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" this pretty much the history of the world.

so perhaps before you say no to monsanto or its agents serving in public offices, just open your eyes.

sometimes we think we know what we know, we see what we think we see, we don't know what we know, we don't know what we don't know, but in reality we do know what we don't know.
edit on 22-6-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Unless people start getting out in real numbers like vietnam or MLK style protests, either wearing or not wearing a mask will make no difference. A few thousand protesters incited by cops and misreported by the media will continue to work in the ptb favor. They are playing the numbers game all the time and win handsomely. People cant be bothered either because of apathy, ignorance or they are over-worked and tired. Stop doing what you are doing and get out there. Its your damm country, you pay taxes, and you have every moral right to fight for what is correct. If you don't then don't expect others to do the dirty work for you. Stand up and be counted or die like a pathetic worm.

End of "rant". Yes the 10 year sentence on ski-masks is outrageous!

But they get away with it because people don't give a # about anything important. The media brainwashes people successfully time and time again.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This has essentially removed the right of protest from muslim women.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join