It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Capitulates, Removes Online DRM From Xbox One

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If all the government spying wasn't in the media as much as it is today, would everyone of you be as paranoid as your comments are perceiving you to be?

************ News Flash ************

The government spies on it's people, it has since the country was founded and it's not going to stop. Just because you don't by a product that has a camera in it, there are other ways for them to spy on you and the most commonly used form is through your smart phone. Any of the 3 lettered agencies have had the ability to turn on your camera or your mic for over the past 2 decades.

So, ranting and raving about a new gaming console that coming with a camera attached is not even worth the time of day, because in reality, their spy device is a device you can't live without each and everyday (your phone). If you don't like that camera feature, put tape over it when you're not playing a game that requires it.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
both and pc to mock them

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
This makes me angry.

There is a massive scandal going on, with hundreds of millions of people being monitored, with every government on the planet potentially corrupted and controlled by an unaccountable and almost invisible American conspiracy of military/corporate/intelligence collusion, and people are ranting about their toys?

This is what's wrong, this is why we are so dumbed down and stupid, this is why we are in the place we're in. The ignorant masses get all worked up by a corporation telling them they have to play by their rules, while an insidious secret cabal is fapping over every move you make and determined to watch more.

It's a TOY. It's a game. A distraction. People are screaming about something they can choose not to buy, while they couldn't care less about the massive corruption of their own f'ing government!

edit on 20-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

Not all of us are like this though....see, this is about DRM, control.....it's all linked...

If you study the posting history of not only myself, but pretty much everyone in this thread, you'll find that we have MORE than enough f**ks to give..and that we care about the stuff you mentioned, and we discuss it here, but we also sometimes like to discuss other stuff that interests us...

if you wrap yourself in conspiracies and research of crimes all day, every day, it tends to land you in a padded room eventually...sometimes you need to take a little break, and talk about other stuff..

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
If all the government spying wasn't in the media as much as it is today, would everyone of you be as paranoid as your comments are perceiving you to be?

The government spies on it's people, it has since the country was founded and it's not going to stop. Just because you don't by a product that has a camera in it, there are other ways for them to spy on you and the most commonly used form is through your smart phone. Any of the 3 lettered agencies have had the ability to turn on your camera or your mic for over the past 2 decades.

So, ranting and raving about a new gaming console that coming with a camera attached is not even worth the time of day, because in reality, their spy device is a device you can't live without each and everyday (your phone). If you don't like that camera feature, put tape over it when you're not playing a game that requires it.

News Flash: Somebody hasn't bothered to do the proper research on the topic before commenting...

1: MS works with NSA
2: MS has a console with a mic/camera that you can never REALLY turn off
3: They expect you're going to want to put this thing in your house
4: Something like this is much more "in your face" than, say, your cell
5: If you disable the sensors (cam/mic) in any way, the console will not function.

Please do read up next time..

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

So you are saying since they have been doing it for 20 yrs, we should just let them do it anyway.

That is some crazy fanboyism...

I never met fan-boy that are glutton for punishment....

Heh, i owned PlayStation for ages and i critic the fudge out of it if it goes off wrong path.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes Xbox and MS have a lot to learn, and currently Xbox live is down across the world.....hmmmm

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

Originally posted by Rocker2013
This makes me angry.

There is a massive scandal going on, with hundreds of millions of people being monitored, with every government on the planet potentially corrupted and controlled by an unaccountable and almost invisible American conspiracy of military/corporate/intelligence collusion, and people are ranting about their toys?

This is what's wrong, this is why we are so dumbed down and stupid, this is why we are in the place we're in. The ignorant masses get all worked up by a corporation telling them they have to play by their rules, while an insidious secret cabal is fapping over every move you make and determined to watch more.

It's a TOY. It's a game. A distraction. People are screaming about something they can choose not to buy, while they couldn't care less about the massive corruption of their own f'ing government!

edit on 20-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

Not all of us are like this though....see, this is about DRM, control.....it's all linked...

If you study the posting history of not only myself, but pretty much everyone in this thread, you'll find that we have MORE than enough f**ks to give..and that we care about the stuff you mentioned, and we discuss it here, but we also sometimes like to discuss other stuff that interests us...

if you wrap yourself in conspiracies and research of crimes all day, every day, it tends to land you in a padded room eventually...sometimes you need to take a little break, and talk about other stuff..

I know this is not descriptive of everyone, and here especially, more members are more inclined to think critically about this. I should have made it clear that I meant the population in general, not the population of ATS

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
"An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again"

Something stinks about this. I'm just going to assume, from the quote, that I need to connect to Microsoft's servers in order to use this console. Even if it's just one time...during setup....

I don't like it one bit. It just stinks. I am sure once you connect to those servers and once Microsoft has that initial connection than people who purchase this product will just make it easier for big brother to do what they do.

Something is just off here...
edit on 20-6-2013 by KewlDaddyFatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Not going to convince me one bit but I'm sure all the Microsoft fan boys are all cheering with tear drops.... sigh...

$499 Xbone vs $399 PS4, why should I pay more to get less? Or better, why should I pay more for crap that I don't use?

PS4 has better GPU and Memory.

1. The PS4's custom AMD GPU chip has 18 Compute Units (CU), 1.84 teraflops of processing power. While the Xbone has 12 Compute Units (CU). Theoretically speaking, this gives the PS4 a 30% and as much as 50% performance difference than Xbone in terms of lighting and other graphical effects.

2. PS4 GDDR5 rams, offers transfer speeds at 176gb/sec vs 68gb/sec on the Xbone.

3. PS4 has touch pad on their controller, Xbone doesn't and most likely will charge you up the butt later on for a different controller that carries the same feature.

4. Xbone forces you to buy a Kinect, while PS4 accessories are free choice up to you to decide. The Xbone $499 price tag has a lot to do with this. Also, while it's nice that the Xbone Kinect can detect my eye lids blinking...what am I supposed to do with that? What does my eye lids blinking have anything to do with my gaming experience???

I could go on and on, the list wouldn't stop but I'm sure most posters here share my feelings.

The fact that Microsoft showed their "true nature" at E3, pretty much sealed the deal for their brand. It doesn't take a dummy to see what they're truly after, $$$. But hey, don't get me wrong, Sony is also after $$$ but at the very least, they were not as crazy as Microsoft who thought that they had enough presence in the market to be the shot caller.

In my line of work, we have a very specific name for people who work for companies such as Microsoft, it's called "Chinese Jews".

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The reason they did this was not because of people ranting about the implications, it was because Microsoft was scared that they would lose money. They are still thirsty SOB's

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The PS4 will now require PSN+ to play online multiplayer so there is a now a monthly subscription fee to play online.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

You need to connect to the internet to apply the patch which will patch over the already installed DRM. Once this is done you no longer need to connect to the net to play online, therefore no silly kinect watching.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I dunno, it seems to me that they might have intentionally created a big hullaballoo (technical term) about the "game sharing." When they got the response that they expected, they "capitulated" like they always intended to do, so that the kinect "features" were all of a sudden less of an issue.

The thing is, it will most definitely work. Perhaps not with everyone, but enough people for it to not particularly matter..

edit: Hell, I know a couple people that are actually saying "look how MS listens to their customers! I support them more than ever now!" It confuses the hell out of me

edit on 20-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was an Xbox fanboy until M$ announced all this DRM bull so i promptly pre-ordered my PS4. Am i going to to get the Xbox now they've back peddled? Naa, they tried to screw the consumers over in the first place, if it's not this, it will be something else. I'll be sticking to Sony now because i guarantee M$ will slowly, but surely, implement their vision. Might not be this year or the year after but it will come...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Makes you wonder what kind of hidden secrets are in your windows 8.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Doesn't change my mind. I'm still going ps4 this round of consoles. The fact microsoft wanted to do this crap and told their loyal customers too damn bad when they didn't like it speaks volumes to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zymandias
reply to post by Unity_99

The PS4 will now require PSN+ to play online multiplayer so there is a now a monthly subscription fee to play online.

Yes, five bucks a month or so, comparable to xboxlive. As well, I recall reading that not all games would require psn+ for multiplayer. So we'll see how that goes. I'm more than will to pay less the price of admission to a movie a month for a stable online multiplayer platform.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by icemoth

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
X-Box, I don't need it. I play all the latest AAA games and have for at least the past 10 years. My Laptop and Pirate Bay are an awesome team.

This would be fine if it weren't for console exclusives. Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid 4, The Last of Us, Halo (after 3), Dragons Dogma, Final Fantasy, Gears of War, God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, Fable, Xenoblade Chonicles, etc, etc, etc.

None of those are First Person Shooters ( Crysis and the like) or First Person RPG's ( Oblivion and the like) so they are not on my radar. I do not conciser them AAA titles.
You fans of 3rd person yuk yuk's can stone me now. Nothing like a good first person game to get you immersed in the action.

Besides that most popular of the AAA titles are always ported to PC. Thats another topic - console ports are ruining PC gaming with low quality graphics and little in the way of options customization ( not to mention modding) . PC gaming will always be way better than X-Box gaming because of this.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well side splitting conspiracy's aside i'll still be buying Xbox One

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join