It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Capitulates, Removes Online DRM From Xbox One

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We won't be buying that at all. We will get 2 playstation 4's, for the many boys, and don't like even the 360 in their idea of paying for each acount, for a year, not for a household, INSANE! We have internet on the playstation 3, and I don't buy special memberships....its free!!!!!

BUt here it the thing, that they even thought they could do this people, and not even play a movie if more than 2 or 3 were in the room!!!!!

Never buying their systems ever, they are demons and they need to be put in very humble circumstances, they're not even worthy to kiss the sandals of one homeless person.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Don't make Kinect mandatory, then I'll reconsider.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
How can people continue to support them if they withdraw the evil. Thats like someone rounding up millions for fema, and then under protest ,letting them go, and everyone continues to vote the murderers in.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Reasons I will not buy Xbox.

1. Microsoft killing off children with a failed vaccination campaign.

2. An eye that listens to what you say and watches what you do, is just another reason for violation of privacy. We already know with the latest NSA leak that Microsoft is on the list that supplies them personal information.

3. Xbox online costs money and fun is meant to be free.

4. Funding an empire that is built on a mountain of children's dead bodies.

5. Overall Bill Gates is a demonizing a-hole who has no sense of catering towards the consumers.

6. Sense the reveal xbox is going down on a one way trip to hell.

Overall Sony will be #1 and it will take several years for Microsoft to catch up now.
edit on 20-6-2013 by PsiOpSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

expect gamers to not be assuaged by those plans

I know I'm not, I was already mad at them for getting rid of most games with built in multiplayer so people would have to buy two games and two machines.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Microsoft killing off children with a failed vaccination campaign.

Please don't fall for this stupidity. Vaccines kill maybe 1 out of every 10 million people, and it's Bill Gates foundation that funds them, not Microsoft I believe.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Don't make Kinect mandatory, then I'll reconsider.

Kinect is now mandatory it is fully wired into it and thus you cant get rid of it. Sure you could cut the cables but it will break the xbox, microsoft is smart like that. Hahaha more of no walking around naked in the house Sundays

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Microsoft killing off children with a failed vaccination campaign.

Please don't fall for this stupidity. Vaccines kill maybe 1 out of every 10 million people, and it's Bill Gates foundation that funds them, not Microsoft I believe.

*Face Palms*

Microsoft = Bill Gates = Microsoft = Bill Gates's Income = Funding for Bill Gates Foundation = Dead Babies

A circle diagram arises

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PsiOpSky

I agree with you on what that vaccination program means. And wasn't he funding forced vaccinations, as in mosquitos!!! Bet they're here now too! After all its really the whites and middle class, free thinkers and equality folk, they want to depopulate. They prop up the dictatorships and fascist states left right and center.

But the main point here is you do not buy a product from someone committing crimes against humanity. And this is slavery, a major crime against humanity. So they recant and all is well. They're demons, don't associate with them.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
yeah.....woo-hoo....they TOTALLY caved.....i'm TOTALLY happy now......(end sarcasm)

right...so until they make kinect optional, i'm not buying one...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
X-Box, I don't need it. I play all the latest AAA games and have for at least the past 10 years. My Laptop and Pirate Bay are an awesome team.

This would be fine if it weren't for console exclusives. Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid 4, The Last of Us, Halo (after 3), Dragons Dogma, Final Fantasy, Gears of War, God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, Fable, Xenoblade Chonicles, etc, etc, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
yeah.....woo-hoo....they TOTALLY caved.....i'm TOTALLY happy now......(end sarcasm)

right...so until they make kinect optional, i'm not buying one...

Mandatory Kinect is ridiculous. They say you dont need to turn it on but it must remain attached.

So then it's always on.

I wonder if it can just be blocked or physically damaged like a laptops camera and mic and still permit the console to function while the damaged Kinect remains connected. If it isnt doing anything then it shouldnt matter if it's damaged, right? But if it matters then it's obviously doing something even though it's turned off so MS would have some explaining to do.

Frankly I'm surprised MS would bother to continue with Kinect at all. I dont know anyone who has one or wishes to have one. Kinect as far as I know is a sad joke like the old Nintendo U-Force or the Sega Activator. Even the folks I know with Wii's dont ever use any of the motion control stuff anymore. Motion control is a novelty that's neat for all of five minutes and should die a horrible death like 3d television.
edit on 20-6-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
im a HARD CORE xbox fan. I was NOT going to get the new xbox one because of the 24 hour online thing. Now its back on my "thinking about getting" list.

They screwed up and because of it, im going to give playstation a chance to WOW me.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This makes me angry.

There is a massive scandal going on, with hundreds of millions of people being monitored, with every government on the planet potentially corrupted and controlled by an unaccountable and almost invisible American conspiracy of military/corporate/intelligence collusion, and people are ranting about their toys?

This is what's wrong, this is why we are so dumbed down and stupid, this is why we are in the place we're in. The ignorant masses get all worked up by a corporation telling them they have to play by their rules, while an insidious secret cabal is fapping over every move you make and determined to watch more.

It's a TOY. It's a game. A distraction. People are screaming about something they can choose not to buy, while they couldn't care less about the massive corruption of their own f'ing government!

edit on 20-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
BUt here it the thing, that they even thought they could do this people, and not even play a movie if more than 2 or 3 were in the room!!!!!

Where did you read it?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Latvietis96

It's linked back to a patent MS filed: Hollywood is watching you

Most people dont have any idea that a DVD or digital rental/purchase has an audience limit in the EULA.

This patent makes it actually enforceable and would theoretically open the door to per-viewer pricing.

You'd have to hide your friends/family like sneaking them into the drive-in in the trunk of the car.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Damage is already done i think.

I can see the Xbox 1 launching with many problems now, because of the changes Microsoft will have to do in such a short time.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I still won't buy it based on the "all seeing eye" (the kinect) still being a requirement for the system to function

PC GAMING FTW

maybe a PS4...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Why would you go out an buy an xbox now? There should be a massive boycott of the xbox... But we're talking about gamers here, They'll go out in droves to buy the new xbox no matter what Microsoft thinks of them... You guys almost deserve the screw-over that Microsoft was about to give you...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Great they appeased everyone with their fixing of the DRM or what not and it's going to happen through a patch..... Knowing money hungry M$ they release another patch reinstalling the DRM and all the features the xbone was getting ragged on in the first place!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join