It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism radiation plot uncovered in Albany

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Terrorism radiation plot uncovered in Albany

www.timesunion.com

ALBANY, N.Y. — An industrial mechanic with General Electric Co., who is also allegedly a member of the Ku Klux Klan, designed a deadly, mobile radiation device that he tried to sell to Jewish groups and then to a southern branch of the Ku Klux Klan, according to a federal complaint unsealed Wednesday in Albany.

The device was intended to be a truck-mounted radiation particle weapon that could be remotely controlled and capable of silently aiming a lethal beam of radioactivity at its human targets. The concept was that victims would eventually die from radiation sickness.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
They said they wanted to kill enemies of Israel. WITH A RADIATION GUN. This is very bothersome, to me, on many different levels.

It seems, to me, that we are actively at war. Whether or not the media wants to connect any of these things is irrelevant. There is often no connection between attacks when it comes to guerrilla warfare.

I don't want to be a fear monger, but the descent seems to be truly starting. Be prepared for a turbulent few years, folks.

www.timesunion.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-6-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
While it is disturbing.....i think this is only coming to light now to show how effective PRISM is.

edit on 19-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: Maybe its this foil hat again?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
While it is disturbing.....i think this is only coming to light now to show how effective PRISM is.
I could see that, though it doesnt seem like PRISM was involved. They found him by good old fashion investigative work. He approached an undercover to try and find a radiation source.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Pretty nasty weapon. You wouldnt know you had been hit till you started showing symptoms...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

The device was intended to be a truck-mounted radiation particle weapon that could be remotely controlled and capable of silently aiming a lethal beam of radioactivity at its human targets. The concept was that victims would eventually die from radiation sickness.

Does something like that even exist?

I think Xrays dont go that far and would take huge amounts of power to be effective. The whole thing (if it worked) would be crazy expensive.

edit on 19-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Let me guess the NSA used PRISM to stop this one too right?
All they are trying to do is find a way to justify it... Which they can't...

-SAP-
edit on 19-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I could see that, though it doesnt seem like PRISM was involved. They found him by good old fashion investigative work. He approached an undercover to try and find a radiation source.

I understand what the story says....but how much of it is just that.....perfect timing to divert attention from other issues at home.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have made a few threads today, its amazing to see Japan back in the light now.

I think its all in an effort to steer people away from the truth.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

A blast of X-Rays dircted dircetly at someone in a high enough dose would be lethal.

But

Your right it would be very expensive and require alot of energy.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Is a radiation gun even possible ?

considering all 'radiation' things are tightly regulated by government there is a snowballs chance of it ever becoming functional.

I am more apt to think the guy was scamming.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I dont know much about Xray systems but it sounds like thats the basis.
Can an Xray machine be powered by 14 volts at 200 amps? Standard vehicle power.

Either way, mounting it on a truck leaves a lot of room for a commercial generator.
So i dont think power is an issue.

What kind of nuclear isotope does an Xray machine use anyway?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

To come-up with this concept, then to actually create it, is beyond crazy. What a sadistic idea.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I dont know if i should post this, but you all do know that smoke detectors hold radioactive material right?
Im sure if someone need to they could harvest.

Mods because of the nature of this post, i leave it up to your discretion to keep it or remove it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is incredibly disturbing, considering I live in Albany and hadn't heard any of this. Scared the crap out of me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by missflowers
This is incredibly disturbing, considering I live in Albany and hadn't heard any of this. Scared the crap out of me.

I live in NYS as well. If it is as they describe, yeah its terrifying and strait out of sci fi.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

he never made it, the guy "supplying him" with radioactive material was an informant.

and for the record, when he approached the member of the synagog they contacted the police.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Good.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yes and a laser powerful enough might be able to destroy a planet but hat doesnt mean anyone can make one.

The question is really , is a fatal xray gun feasible? What would be the range or power requirements?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Yes and a laser powerful enough might be able to destroy a planet but hat doesnt mean anyone can make one.

The question is really , is a fatal xray gun feasible? What would be the range or power requirements?

Its feasible! Range would be pretty far reaching as the beam would travel the speed of light and as long as it has a clear path and only air to travel through it could most likely penatrate nearly as far as Gamma rays.

But you would need a few hundred thousand £'s and a very good energy source and a background in Physics.

With military support yes it could be done. A right wing nut job? I doubt he could make anything more than a dud that would most likley give him cancer before it killed anyone.
edit on 19-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join