It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corious..Scratches in the morning sky??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
reply to post by violet

wow scary cloud..what the couse of that rainbow??

It's not a rainbow, it's a circumhorizon arc.

They are caused by sunlight shining through the ice crystals that clouds are made from. Nothing to do with "geo-magnetism".

Ice crystals behave like jewels. Sunlight passing between their faces is refracted and reflected to send shafts of light in particular directions. Halos are the collective glints of millions of crystals.

Source: Atmospheric Optics

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus
1-that you should ignore those claiming this is a shadow of a cloud
are revealing their ignorance of optics, as it being 6:30 am, and the sun low in the sky, any shadows cast by "invisible" clouds
would be higher than the cloud themselves.

They are not shadows cast by invisible clouds, but shadows from contrails cast on to a thin layer of cloud that barely visible.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm not so sure they are contrail shadows. If the Sun is low in the sky the contrails would have to be below the cirrus deck.

Possibly distrails.
www.weatherscapes.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm not so sure they are contrail shadows. If the Sun is low in the sky the contrails would have to be below the cirrus deck.

Okay, why?

Why would the contrails "have" to be below the cirrus deck?

What part of the Sun's rays would you believe to be "shining up, " at the bottom of clouds on Earth?

Or am I misunderstanding something?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

That is pretty obvious
The OP states the sun has not risen yet so the only sunbeams expected in this situation are upwards from horizon.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Here's an example of what I mean.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

It is quite evident the Sun is shining in the OP photo...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Surely you are not suggesting the sun is casting light in a bottom to top fashion within our atmosphere?

ETA: I believe the shadow in your photo is below the contrail and not above it...
edit on 20-6-2013 by totallackey because: further content

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

You call every one else a liar, stupid, or ill informed and yet you offer no explanations yourself. Are you just trolling the thread or do you have a solution?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by TheMagus

1-You call every one else a liar, stupid, or ill informed and yet you offer no explanations yourself. 2-Are you just trolling the thread or do you have a solution?

1-that is a calumnious slander against My Person, grounds for hitting the ALERT button

2-i was going to but phage beat me to it

the pig-headed "sane" one [GASP! he is arguing with PHAGE!! ZOMG!!!] has not been called stupid but stubborn [projection or poor vocabulary?]
he is making the same mistakes/assumptions people who thought ISON was going to hit mars

looking at a 3d system [actually 4d] from a 2d perspective

while angle of incidence = angle of reflection given the suns distance ....

also secondary [and tertiary ] shadows require secondary [and tertiary ] light sources
his mysterious silence regarding that is due to having to explain what and these light sources are
if they are reflections he has to explain what the suns light is reflecting off and it's not clouds due to angle of incidence it's not the atmosphere because that's the primary reflection

also any shadows would be WIDER than their sources, this puts paid to the invisible clouds casting visible shadows "hypothesis" unless their is some sort of intervening "lens"

ROFL, cheesy, for all the criticism from language nazis of not having college level english, seems to have pulled off an unwitting expose.

the 1st being that "sky" is a trigger word for certain types of urvan sub-pons
look at you all mincing around trying to avoid the use of certain words
ignoring the multiple elephants in the room

and i don't see YOU providing answers or denying ignorance
but being obstreperous and antagonistic yourself.[See 1 above]
edit on 20-6-2013 by TheMagus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join