It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corious..Scratches in the morning sky??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This was 2 days I see the scratches in the morning sky .. the first day I did not care about it .. the second day is today and I was curious about and photographing these scratches ..

I took this photo at half past 6 am..
Do you all knows what you are cause of these scratches? because it has been going on for 2 days in the same sky .. is it possible marker of a large earthquake?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I believe it is shadows of clouds you are seeing in the sky.

2nd line...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

there is no cloud around that scratch sir, even the sun not shines yet..is there the sign of big earthquake?
edit on 18-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

There's a very thin layer of cloud there that you can't see. It happens with contrails as well and leaves a shadow that looks like that. If there is a layer of cirrostratus under the cloud you are seeing, then you will see the shadow. Sometimes they appear when a front is about to move through.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I see that a lot. It's a shadow from that contrail as stated above.

Sometimes you'll see it at sunset, where a distant mountain or cloud top casts a shadow on the thin layer of cloud or haze above you after the sun has set.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
No it isn't signs of an impending earthquake, those are known as earthquake lights, rainbow or iridescent looking clouds. and there's no real evidence they are predictors.
I photographed some the other day, as did west coast in her Thread about them.

Your pictures are just clouds. I see that particular formation or scratches as you call them, frequently
edit on 18-6-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

sorry I did not see any thin clouds there .. which part sir? Can you circle it? Tqx

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Well, if the sun is not shining, then I would be extremely interested in knowing what you believe is lighting up the sky in the photos you took...I did not take them, you did...

OF course the sun is shining...

ETA: I have seen you have asked for someone to circle the clouds we see in your photos...I am absolutely no good with this type of stuff, but here goes...

I have the contrail circled that is causing the shadow you see to the lower right...
edit on 18-6-2013 by totallackey because: further content

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnJohnSeven

that's the question I've seen in the sky are the same for 2 days in the morning ..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

wow scary cloud..what the couse of that rainbow??

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
reply to post by violet

wow scary cloud..what the couse of that rainbow??

I don't know what the cause was, geomagnetic I imagine.
Above the clouds was a huge sun halo

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Where do you live, are you in the Netherlands?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

You can't always see them. Cirrostratus clouds are extremely thin, and aren't always visible to the naked eye. You can see the shadow reflected on them, even though you can't see them with the naked eye.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

no sir..Indonesia..why sir?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

wow we live in a very complex nature system..Tq sir for exlanation..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I think Mr. Zaphod more true .. your circle clouds very far from scratches and scratches more than 1 ..but so many tqx to you sir

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

seeing as you are new here cheesy, it behooves me to inform you:

1-that you should ignore those claiming this is a shadow of a cloud
are revealing their ignorance of optics, as it being 6:30 am, and the sun low in the sky, any shadows cast by "invisible" clouds
would be higher than the cloud themselves.
for example:

somebody's revealed their ignorance or was posting from a script

2- nor should you pay any attention to my words, as I am quite "Insane"

edit to add

I think Mr. Zaphod more true .. your circle clouds very far from scratches and scratches more than 1 ..but so many tqx to you sir

ROFL
I see you caught that by yourself
carry on

edit on 18-6-2013 by TheMagus because: added comment

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

reply to post by TheMagus

Well, despite what you may believe or whatever else anyone may believe in regard to my identification of the cause of the shadow to the lower right, the source of light is to the left of the cloud I circled...the shadow is to the right of the cloud I circled...

Now, due to refraction of the light within the atmosphere of the sky, it is certainly the cloud I circled that is causing the shadow to the right within the picture...

I suggest you find further reading on this subject in your native language...

Whatever light the Sun is casting toward the Earth will always be above any clouds that are present in the atmosphere...and, however dim, there will nearly always be secondary shadows that are present...
edit on 18-6-2013 by totallackey because: clarity and accuracy of response

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by cheesy

reply to post by TheMagus

Well, despite what you may believe or whatever else anyone may believe in regard to my identification of the cause of the shadow to the lower right, the source of light is to the left of the cloud I circled...the shadow is to the right of the cloud I circled...

Now, due to refraction of the light within the atmosphere of the sky, it is certainly the cloud I circled that is causing the shadow to the right within the picture...

I suggest you find further reading on this subject in your native language...

Whatever light the Sun is casting toward the Earth will always be above any clouds that are present in the atmosphere...and, however dim, there will nearly always be secondary shadows that are present...
edit on 18-6-2013 by totallackey because: clarity and accuracy of response

ROFL
you would be advised to take your own advice regarding finding reading materials in your own native tongue my dear Porcus-cephalic, in addition: reading comprehension as evinced by the OP's replies to you:

there is no cloud around that scratch sir, even the sun not shines yet..

you would be well advised regarding the proper use of the REPLY button and proper post editing
as you seem to have "mistakenly" edited the

Originally posted by
in such a manner, that if i hadn't returned
to this thread, i'd have never known you replied to my post.

PS: the ad-hom shows you've no more arguments, and are merely being pigheadedly insistent on being "right", not to mention obstreperous...

but such are the ways of the "sane"

edit on 18-6-2013 by TheMagus because: fixed bbcode massacre

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

there is no cloud around that scratch sir, even the sun not shines yet..is there the sign of big earthquake?
edit on 18-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

If it is true what you state... The sun is not shining yet and it is dawn. Obviously the clouds or contrails would not be near. They would or could be near the horizon even outside your sight. The circled clouds in another posters post could not be it IF the sun didn't rise yet. But the colours of the sky tell a different story

Anyway its is just a couple of cloud, lights and shadows. No scratches, its like talking about scratching liquid water.

ma'am

top topics

<<   2 >>

join