It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ammo Store Destroyed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It is a good thing that Russia is not having an "ammo supply issue" like we seem to be having here in the US.
They should be able to re supply that 13 million shells in no time at all.
I just have a hard time believing that in capitalist US of A we are having a problem getting ammo, something is crooked somewhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It is a good thing that Russia is not having an "ammo supply issue" like we seem to be having here in the US.
They should be able to re supply that 13 million shells in no time at all.
I just have a hard time believing that in capitalist US of A we are having a problem getting ammo, something is crooked somewhere.

The US government found a way for them to implement gun control without a congressional vote by having the DHS buy all the ammo supplies up. Can't use a gun if you don't have ammo for it. So yes, I agree there is something crooked going on somewhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by NavyDoc

Follows, but are the answerable, errr no.

As for the rest, sorry I consider that to be nothing more than foolhardy underestimation at its finest, But then that always was the US's major problem.

Don't forget it is now a long period of time since the fall of the Soviet Union, they have had a long time to "adapt". Simply to write this off as negligence, is a little too easy IMO

You are correct, one should not underestimate one's (potential) enemy, however, having seen day to day operations in the Soviet and now Russian military, you would be horrified at what passes for maintenance and security.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There you go, now you're getting into it.

See seperate buildings, just like the one you put up from Nevada, where you stated this could NEVER happen,

Sorry I don't mean to be harsh, but I just don;t like things to be dismissed out of hand, on assumption

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I work in commerical aviation love, Nothing surprises me, even in the "developed" world

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I knew I should have stuck to my original thread title.

'Boris Bullets Boom Boom'.

Much better.
edit on 18-6-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by NavyDoc

I work in commerical aviation love, Nothing surprises me, even in the "developed" world

LOL. Duct tape can cure any downing gripe as does banging it with a wrench!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
VIDEO!!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It's hard to know what happened over there. It is a possibility that it was destroyed intentionally by someone who wanted to prove a point. It is also possible it was an accident, our military has accidents, we just didn't hear about them. The USA is better at covering things up I guess

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Most likely a accident.

Still it depends on what ammos stored there. Otherwise it might not be a accident it could be a "accident" instead.
edit on 18-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Umm.. If you look a little closer or go to Google Earth yourself to see it, you'll notice a MAJOR difference between what appears to be the ammo storage outside the city named in the article and Hawthorne's storage bunkers. Rather than build them under feet of Earthen covering on 4 of the 5 exposed sides? They seem to have just put them in the center of dugouts. Not a bad precaution, but it doesn't very well anticipate things exploding upward and then....down onto the other exposed roofs around them. Err..... The difference is actually huge for containment in all directions.

I'm not sure what you figured I dismissed? It could have been sabotage. The Russians have their very own Jihadi terrorist issues and have since long before 2001. Their fight carries back into the 90's when magazines like Soldier of Fortune were showing select U.S. forces next to Russian ones, learning house to house and urban fighting in Chechnya. I'm just thinking it's not terribly likely? Why bother?

If this were Tonga or Morocco for a nation and size, a big ammo dump may be a major blow. For Russia? Well, if they don't see many or any casualties, they'll probably look at this as a good thing in the end. It's one more messy site from WW-II vintage they don't have to clean up with live ordinance scattered all over.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is interesting, and mainly for the timing of it.

I mean, lets think about this logically. How many accidents have we ever seen like this before? Yes, they do happen, but for something like this to happen at this time, just as tensions over Syria are heating up, it seems that the mathematical probability of it would at least give good cause for suspicion that it was targeted by a foreign power.

I'm not buying the idea of "internal" terrorism or attack, because there are other targets which would offer a greater impact, and they would be easier too. There's a political message to such attacks, and this doesn't send any political message.

It could be an accident, but as said, I think the timing is a little suspicious.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
'In Soviet Russia'

'Shells Destroy Themselves'

lol

They are saying it was technical fault. 22 people injured, hopefully no deaths.

Link

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by JakiusFogg

In point of fact, this is almost impossible to see happen in the United States. I wish I could find a bigger picture, Having been through this little town between Vegas and Reno, even this view doesn't do the place justice for one of America's larger ammo dumps inside our borders.

This second one is what they look like when seen closer...and they line the hills in 3 directions from the base, as far as the eye can see from Highway 95.

They are designed that way to shield them from outside forces like weather...as part of it. However, the more pressing concern for design is to almost remove the possibility of one exploding to reach an adjoining one and set off a chain reaction. I'm sure it's not completely impossible....and Seal Beach NAS used to store Nuclear Weapons there. No distance would have mattered. Conventional though? If Russia was or is using something similar? 13 million or 13 billion shouldn't matter. It ought to just be one bunker going up.

just had to post this, after seeing your post with the weapons magazines.
below is a link i stumbled on a while back, i was trying to find info on my duty stations.
i was a young Marine stationed here. that's about all i can say. other than that the guy who owns this site has about 3/4 of his info right.

NAS Cecil Field /Marine Barracks Nas Cecil Field Yellow Water

here is the picture tour

Picture Tour

starting with the 14th picture to the 39th, is what was called the compound, this is where i spent most of my time.
starting with picture 40 is the old compound, they are similar to the ones you showed.

while your there, you might want to read the guestbook, and see what sailors and Marines have to say about it.
i have to say it was bitter sweet to see what has happened to the base that i spent a good portion of my life.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Wow! Thank you for that. It's always incredible to see the actual places most of us only ever see that way in movies, which never get it right anyway. Always too high tech or not near enough, but never accurate.

That made my night and a wonderful addition to the thread for context!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

US retaliation for Putin stealing Krafts Super Bowl ring me thinks

Okay back to lurker land lol
Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Shells don't explode unless they have the nose fuse fitted, then fired down a gun barrel so that the spinning motion caused by the rifling arms the fuse, so, it has got to be sabotage Well western shells 'work' that way..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have to tell you that from what I am hearing today of my close contacts that there is a 99% chance that the UK was to blame for the Russion Arms attack yesterday. The reason I think it is true is because the UK are trying to destablise Russia within as they did in Middle East Countries the last few years, and the UK is desperate to get Russia away from helping Syria, we have also send 350 SAS troops into Russian border area a week ago (Without Parliment consent) and no one know why the SAS was sent towards Russian borders.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would be very surprised were it jihadist sabotage because surely they would have wanted the ammunitions themselves for one of their wars, so they would hardly have sabotaged the storage facility. Although I don't know whether all the Muslim followers are Shia in Russia or perhaps they also have Sunni there.

I would wonder whether, were this some form of pressure put on Putin by some Western Government it would be very wise as the Russian people are not known for giving in. Vodka yes, pressure no! Also I don't fancy the reprisals. Hopefully this is just down to human error.

I never thought `Mr Putin looked relaxed at the G8 however, he is getting divorced and anyone having been through that after a long marriage like his would probably be affected, albeit its a very personal thing - he is a very public figure, but he is human.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Of course they did. I even have a picture of the plane that they used to transport some of the SAS troopers to the borders of Russia.

www.airliners.net...

Are you taking tips from Sorcha Faal?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join