It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object on Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nothing but another view of a very earthly desert.. somewhere..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
We can clearly see how important this picture is in proving that there have been living organisms on Mars by the quantity of ridiculous responses the chills are posting.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Hello windword,
It seems to me that it is the remaining of an iron-oxide nodule (and you can see another stuck in the wall). That's pretty cool and in my opinion (not an expert) a very good indication of previous life on Mars (microbial life and iron oxidation).
Good find.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2timesOO

Hello windword,
It seems to me that it is the remaining of an iron-oxide nodule (and you can see another stuck in the wall). That's pretty cool and in my opinion (not an expert) a very good indication of previous life on Mars (microbial life and iron oxidation).
Good find.

Or (from the wacky side), it's a fallen off part of the sewer that's sticking out the wall above.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
HORSE SHOE of an alien horse

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Interesting pictures. I'm leaning toward pareidolia here but it does bear an uncanny to an animal skeleton. Maybe prehistoric like a triceratops.

Here's what I thought looked like the nose, maybe back or hind leg plate and obviously the aforementioned horns.
Notice my sophisticated drawing skills

edit on 19-6-2013 by The Teller because: stuck keyboard typo fixes

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Where do people find all of these pictures of unknown Martian objects?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
lol does anyone see a dinosaur head here

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The so-called rib image does look interesting, but we have strange rock formations here on planet Earth as well. I wonder if there are any large caves on Mars? That would be a good place to search for life or fossils. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ByTor420
Look at the 'wall' behind the circular object, do you notice the slightly rounded protrusion above and to the right of the circular object? I know it looks very weathered but when I first looked at the picture it looked to me like these two belonged together at one point in time. (looks more circular when zoomed out). The wall looks to just be rock though - not so sure about the circular object.

Funny I thought the same thing. The weathered part you mention looks like a walrus head and the pic that the OP presented looks like the tusks. To me anyway. This is a fricking great find regardless.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That is probably the best anomalous object I have ever seen in a Mars pic. I am not sure that it is, but it has a real symmetry to it. Maybe its a fossil.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
Actually that looks like a rooptop drain grate.....found on all the commercial buildings...
that goes well with the sheet metal seen on an earlier thread....you know, it looked like a flat sheet half covered with very loose dirt

Probably an alien junkyard...Could be a city just over the horizen...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyramidikal
I looked at the link provided, the closest thing it resembles to me is a layer of mud having curled up from the sun, the mud being created due to water, so it is odd, but I wouldn't call it a rib cage.

Wouldn't there be more examples of that in the area?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by grobi77
S+F

The raw image from nasa that is used in the Panorama:
MAST_RIGHT - Sol 302 (2013-06-12 09:29:47 UTC)

100% view of the area in question:

Thank you,!!
I clicked this link and looked at the whole jpg. There it looks to me like the object(s) in question has dropped from just above where a mound of mud like stuff protrudes. You can see the curve of the right piece and left piece and where they used to be just above them.
Whatever it is it appears that it fell from the ancient layer of sediment just above. Interesting.
edit on 19-6-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

WormSquirm, I agree as well my friend. You might have nailed that one. Good eye kid! ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm

Originally posted by grobi77
S+F

The raw image from nasa that is used in the Panorama:
MAST_RIGHT - Sol 302 (2013-06-12 09:29:47 UTC)

100% view of the area in question:

Thank you,!!
I clicked this link and looked at the whole jpg. There it looks to me like the object(s) in question has dropped from just above where a mound of mud like stuff protrudes. You can see the curve of the right piece and left piece and where they used to be just above them.
Whatever it is it appears that it fell from the ancient layer of sediment just above. Interesting.
edit on 19-6-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

So you might have the reason for the shape. A concretion around that rounded object above peels off and falls to the ground and breaks apart. Plausible.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
To me that looks like some kind of pottery.

If you look at the picture on the left hand side you can see a handle that´s the shape of a perfect circle.

And concerning the "ribcage" i would say that the sides of the pot are sticking out of the ground and the top part "side" of the pot is broken off and the other part is hidden under the sand.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's the set from The Wrath of Khan when they were on that planet at the center of the solar system!

All kidding aside, wierd-a55 rocks, for sure.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Does anyone see the petrified parrot fish to the left. A left over from when the planet was covered with water. And everyone had to run to the top of the sydonia face, so everyone could watch it feed on the mice and birds. That everyone has made so clearly evident. OH and by the way i work in mud everyday and the horn looking thing under the outcropping,sorry but thats not mud you who believe that are proffesional debunkers. I believe strange rock or artifact that wasnt totally covered because it may have been protected by the outcropping. Mud no.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Look behind that cliff face and you can see two Martian teenagers having a laugh at the humans space toy .
Hey man lets mess with the humans today.That mars rat we made up last week was a real hit on the humans internet.
The sooner humans goto mars and open strip malls the sooner we can rain in these martian juvies .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join